Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chicken Burgers

by Meghann on August 7, 2012

Thank you for all the great comments and advice on my post this afternoon. I now have a whole new set of questions to ask my doctor when I see her at the end of the month, and some new items to research via Dr. Google. I’m also going to look into taking a mini-break away from the computer after Healthy Living Summit.

It’s interesting that a few of you mentioned eating more animal protein, because I feel like I’ve been amping up my animal protein intake lately. I do eat a good amount of vegetarian meals, but I would say those only make up about 25% of my diet, the remaining 75% includes chicken, shrimp, turkey, and even some beef and steak. Just in the last 5 days I’ve had pasta with chicken sausage, chicken enchiladas, a turkey sub, steak tacos, salad with shrimp, rotisserie chicken, and tonight I made chicken burgers.


Good chicken burgers too.

In the mix:

  • organic ground chicken
  • bread crumbs
  • dried basil
  • dried oregano
  • soy sauce
  • worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper

Formed into patties and grilled on the George Foreman. Served with ketchup, spinach, onions, and mushrooms on a piece of a multigrain baguette.


Side of roasted asparagus.


A delicious meal with some healthy, lean animal protein.

Afternoon snack – mixed nuts.


Dessert – coffee almond ice cream.


Alright, about to crash.

Good night!

{ Comments on this entry are closed }

I’ve Been Tired

August 7, 2012

I’ve been tired lately. Really tired. (yes, even Maddie tired) I’m usually an unstoppable ball of energy, but lately all I want to do is sleep. I’ve found myself pressing the snooze button more than usual and I’m out like a light as soon as I hit my pillow at night. Afternoons are the worst, more »

Read some more →

Feeling Frustrated in the Pool

August 7, 2012

Some mornings I think our swim coach wakes up and thinks to himself “you know what, I think today is a good day to pick on so-and-so.” Today that so-and-so was me. It all started with this. (source) We all laughed when Felipe brought the head snorkel out. Well, all of us except for Felipe, more »

Read some more →