Grab and Go

by Meghann on July 16, 2012

This is what happens when I wait until lunchtime to go grocery shopping… I grab the easiest, semi-healthy, quick meals I can find and call it a day.

Today’s lunch was a grab and go from the sushi case. I was eyeing the shrimp tempura, but the fresh spring rolls looked, well, fresher.

The cold salmon rolls were light and refreshing. They came with a chili sweet sauce that added just a touch of sweetness and spice. Yum.

I was going to grab edamame from the sushi case, but the $3.99 price tag was a little hefty for my taste. Especially when I knew the $1.79 steam-in-a-bag stuff from the frozen section worked just fine.

Yep. Worked just fine for me. πŸ™‚

What’s your go-to lunch purchase from a grocery store when you’re hungry?

Mine’s a mix between sushi and a Publix sub, with a heavy emphasis on the sub. πŸ˜‰

I updated the wedding page! Check out the story behind selecting the hair stylist!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life July 16, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Same as you! A veggie or turkey sub or brown rice sushi πŸ˜€
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Looking Back & Moving Forward: the Moss Park Forest Run

2 Annette @FitnessPerks July 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I don’t; usually grab quick things from the grocery store….but I do randomly purchase fruit or veggies that are on sale and not on my list. Hah.

That sushi looks awesome!! Love the chili sauce too.
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..It’s Your Head Giving Up

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I never grab things from the grocery store, most include either soy or gluten, which I’m intolerant to. If I’m stuck and have to I think I’ve gone with greek yogurt and a small container of fruit… lol never enough for a real meal though.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Swanson Products

4 Sana July 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Subway πŸ™‚ Or I grab fresh chopped up fruit!
Sana recently posted..Say Yes to Dessert

5 Lindsey July 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I always grab salad rolls and Greek yogurt!
Lindsey recently posted..It Happens

6 Cait's Plate July 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm

That’s my go-to grab and go as well.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Whipped Biscoff and Chocolate Cream Parfait

7 Beth July 16, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Oh, that looks delicious! My lunch-in-a-rush purchase from the grocery store is usually a salad or vegetable sushi (especially if I’m at Whole Foods).
Beth recently posted..Sunday Long Run (July 15)

8 Stephanie July 16, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Your blog always has the most delicious looking food! It always makes me hungry and want to get creative in the kitchen! I don’t usually grab and go from a grocery store, but my friend swears by Walmart’s salads.

9 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I’m ALWAYS down for some edamame! But sushi, I can only have once in a blue moon … fishiness doesn’t always tantalize my taste buds. (:

10 Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style July 16, 2012 at 7:03 pm

These are usually my grab and go meals as well from Publix. I also enjoy eating their salads and fresh cut fruit. Did you get the cold salmon rolls from Publix? I never see that one in my store. It does look light and refreshing.
Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style recently posted..Shabby Apple Giveaway

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I definitely go with sushi most of the time. Although I’ve never seen fresh rolls with salmon – those look tasty!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lunch for Breakfast and Breakfast for Lunch

12 Sarah July 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm

VEGGIE SUSHI
Sarah recently posted..Weekend Wrap up

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I went the sushi route from WF today! That plus a kale salad on the side – hit the spot!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..new and improved

14 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer July 16, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Publix subs are always a great pick. The Jerk Turkey… Yummy!!!!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..The Return of the Semi-Retirement

15 Emma July 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm

LOVE wegman’s subs, or sushi! Their whole wheat sub rolls are so deliciously soft and sweet, and they always have the best roast beef.
Emma recently posted..Bread gators, windsurfing, trail running, and YOLO

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 16, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Subway is definitely my go-to healthy lunch option, even if I have plenty of time! I’ve actually never had a Publix sub… I should probably get on that.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..New Blog

17 pluvk July 17, 2012 at 1:28 am

Definitely the same as you! Summer rolls or soba noodles. Yum!