more ยป" />

Catch Me If You Can

by Meghann on July 16, 2012

Watched an oldie, but a goodie this evening.

Screen shot 2012-07-16 at 10.16.03 PM.png

Can you believe Derek has never seen Catch Me If You Can? The movie has been coming up in conversation lately, so he figured it was about time he did. (We started watching the White Collar series and people seem to always connect the two.)

I forgot how good of a movie it is. I also didn’t realize how many up-and-coming leading ladies were in it.

Amy Adams

Amy Adams.gif

Ellen Pompeo

Ellen Pompeo.png

Elizabeth Banks

Elizabeth-Banks-Catch-Me-You-Can.jpeg

Jennifer Garner

Jennifer Garner.jpeg

And I’m sure I’m leaving a few out. I guess that was THE movie to be in back in the day to guarantee a solid career in the future. Good for them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before we settled down with the movie, I made some jambalaya for dinner.

Nothing fancy here.

• boil-in-a-bag brown rice
  • black beans
  • okra
  • carrots
  • red onion
  • tomato
  • shrimp
  • creole seasoning
  • sriracha

Too much sriracha! My mouth was on FIRE!

Otherwise it was pretty good.

Earlier in the afternoon I had some mixed nuts and dried cherries as a snack.

Dessert was an ice cream cone.

And now I’m off to bed.

Good Night!

1 Army Amy* July 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I love that movie! It has great music, and I love the way Leo says “Frank.”*
Army Amy* recently posted..Aussie Adventures: General Observations

2 Erin @ erinberries July 16, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I love that movie! I’ve been working on a list of “must-see” movies for my boyfriend. He hasn’t seen ANYTHING! I guess it’s nice to have a blank slate and be able to watch all of my favorite movies again. ๐Ÿ™‚

However, he has been mad when I slip in a musical here and there. (He was pissed when I took him to see Rock of Ages…he had no idea!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Sneaky Erin…)
Erin @ erinberries recently posted..A Past Life

3 j3nn July 17, 2012 at 12:06 am

Catch Me If You Can is one of my favorite movies!! Love it <3
j3nn recently posted..Got, Give, and Grew

4 Elisabeth July 17, 2012 at 4:14 am

Definitely one of my favorite movies! I also really like White Collar. I never watched it ’til recently – the previews had been looking good so I’ve been streaming it on Netflix. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 Amanda July 17, 2012 at 7:28 am

I have never seen that movie, pretty surprising because I was big on Leo back in the day ๐Ÿ˜› That jambalaya looks good! Do you use fresh or frozen okra?
Amanda recently posted..Couch to 5k

6 Meghann July 17, 2012 at 3:01 pm

They’re fresh. They’re currently in season in Florida.

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 17, 2012 at 8:04 am

I love Catch Me If You Can! It’s one of my favorite movies ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..One Month Until Our Wedding!โ€ฆ

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

I’ve never seen Catch Me if You Can! But apparently I need to!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Training Update and Girl Scouts!

9 Becky @ runfundone July 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

Oh my goodness. Look at those fabulous costumes! I must watch Catch Me if You Can immediately.
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Nurses are Champions!

10 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer July 17, 2012 at 3:00 pm

That was a great movie. Leo is a great actor, too. And “Back in the day??” It’s only 10 years old! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..The Return of the Semi-Retirement

11 Aubrie July 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm

That jambalaya looks AMAZING!