more ยป" />

Twitter Birthday

by Meghann on July 9, 2012

Good morning!

Who’s ready to get this Monday started?!

I have a crazy week ahead of me, so I opted to set the alarm a tad earlier to add an extra hour to my day. I might not be able to turn 24 hours into 25 hours, but I can turn 16 waking hours into 17 without a problem. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I headed to the gym and did the 5-4-3-2-1 workout on the treadmill (5 minutes at 6.5, 4 minutes at 6.7, 3 minutes at 7.0, 2 minutes at 7.2, 1 minute at 7.0, rest 3 minutes at 4.0, and repeat starting at 7.0 and building from there) followed by Mary’s Jello Leg Workout. Nothing like an awesome session at the gym to get the blood pumpin’ in the morning.

Breakfast:

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup Kashi Blueberry Clusters
  • 1/2 cup Wheat Chex
  • vanilla Chobani
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • honey peanut butter
  • ground flax

Berries are still looking good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Random piece of advice for the day… keep a list of accounts you have auto-pay set-up for on your credit card.

My credit card number was compromised the other month and while I thought I had traded out the old information with the new stuff on most auto-payments, I’m still finding random items that I had forgotten about. Such as my gym membership, which was 8 days overdue and had a late fee attached to it when I went in this morning. Whoops. Luckily the lady was nice and waived the late fee and updated my new card information without a problem. I knew I liked my gym for a reason. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Speaking of random…

Today is my 3rd Twitter birthday!

Screen shot 2012-07-09 at 10.05.01 AM.png

(correction: tomorrow is. @twbirthday threw me off when they sent it out a day early. Oh, well! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )ย

Can you believe I once resisted Twitter?!? I wasn’t sold on the idea at first and only joined when my old boss and I were exploring the possibility of using it for our company. (A concept that was very cutting edge in 2009! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) Let’s just say it was love at first tweet and, three years later, it’s still one of my favorite social networking tools. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you’re curious when your twitter birthday is, search twbirthday.com. The above link was auto-tweeted to this morning from their twitter handle, but I thought it was fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

Why did you first sign up for Twitter? Or are you still resisting, too? ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 9, 2012 at 10:18 am

My Twitter b.day is 12/28/09 — thanks for the link ๐Ÿ™‚
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Favorite Things A to Z

2 Kacie Phillips July 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

I love this breakfast! I usually opt for my usual jazzed-up oatmeal, aka what I am eating right now but I will save this in my list of future breakfasts to try! YUM!
Kacie Phillips recently posted..Monday Motivation: Fresh Start, Clean Slate, New Beginning

3 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

I just joined twitter about 4 months ago. I was reluctant at first but now it’s so fun to do chats and connect with others. I’m @happyfitmama if you want to follow me! ๐Ÿ™‚

4 genna July 9, 2012 at 10:43 am

I just signed up in march, I didn’t know enough about it and I still did not when I signed up. I wanted I to network blogs actually ๐Ÿ™‚
genna recently posted..Sunday Social: TV Talk

5 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength July 9, 2012 at 10:50 am

I totally resisted it for a long time too and now I absolutely love it and can’t believe how much I’ve learned and how many friends I have made from it!
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Adding Variety to Your Workout Routine

6 Emma July 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

I finally got a twitter in the fall because my friend told me it was a lot of fun. I’m starting to like it more than facebook! Happy twitter birthday!

That breakfast looks awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Lindsey July 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Believe it or not my Mom got me on Twitter about 4 years ago!
Lindsey recently posted..No Plans Day

8 Sneakers2Sandals July 9, 2012 at 11:06 am

haha we almost share a tweet birthday in the same year! I guess we were early adopters! I missed my tweetBirthday this year ๐Ÿ™ Bummer!

@sneaks2sandals
aka D.Cooper

was born on Twitter on
7 July 2009
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Sunday Smiles A to Z

9 Meghann July 9, 2012 at 11:13 am

Happy belated twitter birthday ๐Ÿ™‚

10 sam July 9, 2012 at 11:07 am

question for you: I recently realized that the chobani that I was eating includes almost an entire day’s worth of sugar (recommended not to exceed 25 grams, including from fruit, and chobani has 24 or so). Do you monitor your sugar intake? 25 grams seems like nothing but I’ve been trying to stay below it and it’s HARD.

11 Meghann July 9, 2012 at 11:12 am

I usually eat plain (but lately have been indulging in some vanilla) and add my own fruit to sweeten it up a bit. I’ll have the fruit ones when I need to grab something quick from the market or something that travels well. The amount of sugar in yogurt is always a tough one because milk has a lot of natural sugar in it that accounts for the high amount, as well as the natural sugar in the fruit, and then sweeteners on top of that. I’m not a fan of the fake sugars found in other brands, so it’s a lot of give and take. I’d say if you are monitoring your sugar than to go the plain route and add your own fruit. Good luck!

12 Stacy July 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

Meghann, today is the 9th, not the 10th!
Stacy recently posted..A Farmer’s Market Kind of Day

13 Laura @ My Pink Thumb July 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

I signed up for twitter probably a year or so ago, but I still find myself resisting a bit. I think the only reasoning behind it is that I don’t have a smart phone *gasp!* yes, I just said that. My hubby and I must be 2 of the only people who still don’t have smart phones! ๐Ÿ˜‰ i’ve been tweeting a bit since getting an ipod touch a few months ago, but that’s only good to me when I am somwhere I can get free wifi.
Laura @ My Pink Thumb recently posted..The Meal Plan: July 7-13

14 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 9, 2012 at 11:21 am

Great workout this morning!

I resisted twitter for a long time and actually just joined a few months ago. I’m hooked! I actually prefer it to facebook now!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Monday Things {07-09-2012}

15 Laura @ sweatingforit July 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

Peanut butter with yogurt and fruit! Genius! I was eating berries, yogurt, and chia seeds when I read this and ran to the peanut butter jar. Delicious.
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..The Boss

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 9, 2012 at 11:35 am

Haha I didn’t even know twitter has been around that long!! I literally just broke down and joined on Thursday! My name is @notsodom, if anyone wants to follow me!! (Right now I have a whopping 35 followers … yahoo! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Congrats on your twitter birthday!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bringing Chipotle into my home kitchen.

17 Cait's Plate July 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

Ha! That’s so funny. Mine was June 26, 2009 – 2 days after I started my blog! I don’t think I ever resisted it. But I’ve definitely gone through phases of obsession, neglect and then just plain moderate use.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..By the Seashore

18 Maggie July 9, 2012 at 11:54 am

My Twitter Birthday is 18 days after yours, July 28, 2009! Also, and someone else probably pointed this out but I’m at work and don’t have time to read through the comments, today is July 9, not 10th!

I totally resisted joining Twitter for about a year. Then my company had a seminar on Twitter and other social media tools so I decided to give it a try. Thanks to that seminar I’ve probably been like 20% less productive at work over the last 3 years. Oh well, their fault! ๐Ÿ™‚
Maggie recently posted..A Very Good Weekend

19 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats July 9, 2012 at 11:59 am

I resisted twitter until 2 years ago, I just didn’t understand it!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Bar Review!

20 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I resisted joining Twitter for SO long. I finally caved after seeing my husband on his phone CONSTANTLY with the lastest update about this or that. Now that I’ve joined, I find that I’m on it ALL.THE.TIME. ๐Ÿ˜€
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Back To The Grind

21 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed July 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I love twitter, mostly because I’m a sarcastic a$$.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Massaged by Angel Fingers

22 amy July 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Ahhh I keep holding back on using Twitter, but everyone always has such positive things to say about it!!!
amy recently posted..Happy vs. Healthy

23 Sandy July 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Your food always looks so good. You have me putting strawberries, blueberries and walnuts in all my food now! I think I signed up for Twitter since my favorite Cupcakery put all of their promos on there and it has evolved since then into blogging and other stuff.

24 Gillian July 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Feb 10, 2009 is my Twitter birthday! I love twitter, I love all of the random, fun, interesting things I can follow all at once…and it’s good for a short ramble!

25 Annette @FitnessPerks July 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

That is SO interesting! I just joined a few months ago–I like it. But I resisted at first.

I like that treadmill workout–nice and sweaty and fast!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..4 Reasons NOT To Follow a Fad Diet

26 Hannahviolin July 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm

How weird, today is my twitter bday as well, but 4 years ago. I signed up then but didn’t really start using it seriously until about a year ago though. Now I’m addicted and should probably cut back ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hannahviolin recently posted..Pool Day

27 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 9, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Happy twitter birthday!

So far I’ve been resisting twitter…but since I’ve started blogging, I’m starting to think joining might be a good idea.

Damn, so I may end up drinking the twitter kool-aid after all. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Tastes better than it looks.

28 Emily N July 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I definitely started following them when i saw your twitter birthday post this morning!
Emily N recently posted..Reflecting on Running, and Why I am Scared

29 Emily @ Munchies 'n' Marvels July 9, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I like Twitter, but man does it take a lot of effort to build the network to get started. I can see how some people are put off by it, but I find it way quicker than FB for status updates. I’m at @munchiesnmarvel ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily @ Munchies ‘n’ Marvels recently posted..30 Days of Blogging, Day 7, I mean, 8 โ€“ Yogaaaaah!

30 Debbie B. July 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm

My twitter birthday is March 21, 2009. Who knew it had been so long? Thank you for the link it was fun to see when people started on twitter. It was love at first site for me. I much prefer twitter to facebook mostly because twitter is fast on my phone and facebook is SLOW SLOW SLOW.

31 Stacey July 9, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I’ve had my cc compromised before. (It went to Brazil. I’m a little bitter since I personally have never been!)

I actually have 3 cards. One for my reoccurring bills, one for random spending like restaurants, and one for emergencies.

For the first card, I have my gym, comcast, car insurance, phone bill and other such bills set to the one card and I literally have a piece of take on the front that says “BILLS” really big so I don’t use it for anything else. I do NOT use this at restaurants because I may or may not have forgotten my card after paying my bill several times (ok, like THREE obnoxious times), and this prevents that. This also makes it fairly easy to pay each month because it’s around the same amount each month. If it’s not, I know something funky on it.

For the second card, I use it at less secure places like online, gas, and random purchases. This way, if someone steals this number, it doesn’t mess up my other stuff.

The third card I use sparingly, and honestly it’s usually at my desk at home. This is more for if something happens (someone steals my purse), so I’m not totally without any money.

It sounds kinda crazy, but once it’s setup, it’s pretty easy to keep track of.. and it helps your credit a bit to keep the 3 cards going.
Stacey recently posted..Timed Exercise 2012

32 BroccoliHut July 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm

What a cool site! I had no idea I had been tweeting so long–my Tweet bday is October 8, 2008.
BroccoliHut recently posted..Fig + Brie Pizza

33 Brittany July 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

My twitter birthday was May 17, 2008. Doesn’t feel like I have been on there for four years….

34 Elisabeth July 10, 2012 at 1:52 am

Actually, I resist all forms of social media! No Facebook, no Twitter, etc. Bunch of time wasters for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

35 Amy July 10, 2012 at 11:44 am

*clears throat and starts singing*

Happy Twitter birthday to you! Happy Twitter birthday to you! Happy Twitter birthday, dear Meghann…Happy Twitter birthday to youuuuuuu!

Now go celebrate with some CHO. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amy
Chobani

36 Katie July 11, 2012 at 11:21 am

Oh man, what did we do before Twitter? Apparently I joined on April 24, 2009. I can’t believe it’s been that long!
Katie recently posted..Cynthia Rowley Stripes