Lunching

by Meghann on July 3, 2012

Sometimes I wonder where the minutes and hours disappear to. One minute it’s almost noon and I’m making my lunch, and the next it’s almost three and I realize I haven’t written about said lunch. (However, in my defense, I did have a conference call, worked on a newsletter, and caught up on a few other HLS-related tasks.)

My lunch was basically a repeat (a delicious repeat!) from last night’s dinner. Only instead of eggplant and tomato, I had Wildwood Aloha Baked Tofu (impulse buy from last night’s Whole Food trip – pretty tasty and perfect for an easy sandwich filling. 😉 )

With a side of fresh green beans (love the crunch!)

and salt and vinegar chips (a random pantry find).

When I was a kid I hated salt and vinegar chips. They had too much of a kick to them and smelled funny. Now I love them, I can’t get enough of that “kick” and enjoy the strong flavor.

Other chip favorites – sour cream and onion, jalapeno, and cheddar cheese.

What are your favorite potato chips? Least favorite?

I’m still not a fan of original or BBQ.

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life July 3, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Salt and Vinegar are my stand-by fave, too – but my ultimate faves are a local brand’s (Route 66) Dill Pickle chips!! MMmm.
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Haircut.

2 Beka @ Rebecca Roams July 3, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I love salt n vinegar chips! I also like Ms Vickies Jalapeno, and I like unsalted kettle chips (nothing but potato flavor).
Beka @ Rebecca Roams recently posted..Blog Hiatus, Chevy Fit4Life, and an ER Visit

3 Courtney July 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’m allergic to white potatoes, so I don’t partake in potato chips at all! 😛
Courtney recently posted..Hurry Up and Wait

4 Lindsey July 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I am not a potaot chip person, but I always have a couple ketchup chips if they ar around 🙂 Least favorite – any type of sour cream ones.
Lindsey recently posted..Fireworks, Friends & Fun

5 rebecca @blueberry smiles July 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I love bbq and salt and vinegar….but not a fan of sour cream & onion at all

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I love salt and vinegar! Haha I like just about any flavor chip! I tried someone’s dill pickle chip the other day, I’d never heard of it but it was good!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down On Friday!

7 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I do that all the time. I start blogging and catch up on the day’s other posts in my Reader and suddenly my day is over and it’s almost time for dinner. I get stuff done in between, but everything whirls by!
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Massage Convention: The hotel.

8 Mary @ food and fun on the run July 3, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I could eat BBQ potato chips forever! I absolutely love them! I can eat a few salt & vinegar chips, but after more than a handful or so, my tongue starts to burn!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Lululemon Baptiste Yoga Workshop

9 erica July 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

i love plain or sour cream and onion. i’m not a fan of the salt & vinegar. lol.
erica recently posted..twinsies!

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Salt and vinegar have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. I used to take plain potato chips and soak them in apple cider vinegar and then eat them. I kid you not. 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..It tastes too good to be healthy!

11 Annette @FitnessPerks July 3, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I’m like you–LOVE salt & vinegar and sour cream & onion –but I don’t love ‘normal’ greasy chips. They taste fake to me. I loved popped or baked.

I also love Lime tortilla chips.

That bread looks good!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..How To Savor Food + ZonePerfect Coconut Protein Bar Review

12 Rachel July 3, 2012 at 4:56 pm

i love salt and vinegar and if you like dill i highly recommend the dill pickle lays! they have that funky kick too!
Rachel recently posted..summa time

13 Eva July 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm

definitely salt n vinegar or jalapeno. i can’t stand bbq.

14 Elisabeth July 3, 2012 at 5:32 pm

My favorite chip varieties are salt n vinegar, mesquite bbq or cracked black pepper. I prefer Kettle brand & I don’t like sour cream & onion.

15 Candice July 3, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I LOVE BBQ!! yum! i did have a kick for salt n vinegar when I was prego, but pringles only!

16 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I’m a potato chip fanatic! Salt and Vinegar, Cheddar and Sour Cream, and Plain Ruffle chips are my top 3 faves!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..The Start of Stay-cation

17 JessicaE July 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Oh gosh, I love BBQ chips! To be honest, although I don’t buy them very often I love chips and it would be hard for me to pick a favorite 🙂

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I honestly can’t remember the last time I had some regular potato chips! I cannot stand salt and vinegar – I don’t know why, my palate is not a fan a vinegar, I suppose. . My favourites would be dill pickle and ketchup (Canadian speciality…so amazing!)! Wouldn’t say no to jalapeño or BBQ either.