Home, Sweet Home

by Meghann on July 1, 2012

Good-bye, North Captiva!! We had fun!

Even with extending our trip by a day, this vacation still went way too quickly. Why does that always happen?!

If you’re curious about the island we stayed on, check out the review I wrote on North Captiva after our first visit 3 years ago. I think the fact that we keep returning year after year, is proof enough for how much we love it. Nothing like escaping to a semi-deserted island for a week (especially one where you can bring the pups πŸ˜‰ ). I’d highly recommend it. πŸ™‚

We were up at the crack of dawn to take the first boat off of the island this morning. I made a bowl of cereal, yogurt, and berries before the last of the food was packed up.

A reminder of how much stuff we carted onto the island….

And all we had left leaving the island.

It’s amazing how much the pile shrinks with the absence of food and alcohol. πŸ˜‰

Everything was loaded up and taken to the dock around 8:00. We followed a few minutes later.

I’m not sure Maddie knew what was going on. I’m assuming she thought it was another vacation adventure. She had a blast on the boat ride…

But kept giving me the stink eye on the drive home.

“We’re back in the car? You’ve got to be kidding me, Mom!”

Grandma can do no wrong.

Since my parents drove us back to Tampa, Derek and I treated them to Taco Bus for lunch.

It was my dad’s choice. He loves Taco Bus almost as much as I do.

I ordered the lunch special with a butternut squash taco (probably the best thing on the menu) and a pollo verde taco.

I also had some homemade trail mix on the car ride back home.

It feels good to be home, but all I want to do is lay on the couch and crash. I think some DVR watching may be in order.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Oooo that mexican food looks delicious! Glad you all had a great time!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..July Goals!

2 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) July 1, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Those tacos look so fresh and flavorful! Reminds me of a place I have here called Wahoo’s. πŸ™‚
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Vietnamese rice noodle salad

3 Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes July 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Ohhh I’m normally not a taco person, but a butternut squash taco sounds like something I HAVE to try….yum!
Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes recently posted..July Blog Challenge + July Goals

4 Cait's Plate July 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Glad you had fun!! All the food looks so fresh and delicious!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..In the Hollow

5 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Butternut squash tacos sound amazing. I wonder if I can recreate them….
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Chinatown & An Early 9 Miler

6 Candice July 1, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Its always surprising how much food a family can go through in a few days! It makes the trip back easier/lighter right?!
Those tacos look delish!

7 Michele July 1, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Captiva is the best! I’m glad the weather worked out for you!

8 erica July 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm

hahaha! i love maddie’s stink eye! so cute!
erica recently posted..twinsies!

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 1, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Glad you had a good trip!! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals – A First

10 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm

The food looks YUMMY! Glad you had a fun trip =]
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Crafting: Fourth of July statement necklace.

11 Grace @ Grace Dishes July 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful trip from your earlier posts! I really love your beach hair!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Weekend’s grub~

12 Army Amy* July 1, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Vacations are fun, but nothing beats sleeping in your own bed! Glad y’all made it back with much less flourish than getting there!*
Army Amy* recently posted..HTP’s Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas