National Running Day

by Meghann on June 6, 2012

Happy National Running Day!!

252624_10102006222635603_1437069638_n.jpeg

Like my profile badge? You can get your own at runningday.org. πŸ™‚

They do cover photos too.

Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 9.34.19 AM.png

You know, when the Facebook timeline was first introduced, I was a little weary about the cover photos, but they’ve come to be my favorite part about any profiles. I just love all the extra real estate at the top of your profile where you can make a statement. You can definitely have fun with it. πŸ™‚

Anyways, RunningDay.org had a section on their website titled “10 Ways to Celebrate National Running Day” this morning.

10 ways to celebrate national running day   Celebrate.png

(source)

So far I have #1 “Declare Your Passion” down. I’m a runner and I’m a proud! What started out as a way to help me lose weight (I literally started running to the end of the street and back in an effort to lose a few pounds), has slowly become the way I keep my sanity. Without running, I think I’d go crazy. It’s my favorite way to release energy and to just clear my mind and think. I <3 running!

#6 “Give the gift of running” – I wonder if donating to a friends TNT counts for this? I plan to do that this afternoon.

#8 “Choose a Running Resolution” I want to focus on my 5k time this summer. My goal is to go sub-23 this fall!

#9 “Take Advantage of the Outdoors” Done. I ran 5 miles this morning. Heck, I took extra advantage by running 5 miles in the rain. Do I get running bonus points for that one? πŸ˜‰

#10 ” Treat Yourself Like a Champion” On it. I just need to pick out one of my many race tees to wear today. πŸ˜‰

How are you celebrating National Running Day?

Psst… If you were planning on running a Rock ‘n’ Roll race in the near future, today might be a good day to register. In honor of National Running Day, they’re offering $20 off of registrations today (not including Vegas).

I think my post-run breakfast should also count as “Treat Yourself Like a Champion” because it was definitely champion worthy.

I toasted a leftover waffle from the other weekend (we put all the leftovers in the freezer) and slathered it with some Chocolate PB2 (I made too much yesterday and the leftovers kept pretty well in the fridge overnight) and topped it off with some blueberries.

Yummy.

On the side I had some vanilla Chobani with Kashi Cinnamon H2H, walnuts, and more fresh blueberries.

Champion worthy… right? πŸ˜‰

I’m off to get a new phone! (<- impulse buyer. right here.)

Have a great Wednesday!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life June 6, 2012 at 10:27 am

Have fun picking up your new phone! πŸ™‚
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..(mostly) wordless wednesday.

2 abbi June 6, 2012 at 11:26 am

Love how much National Running Day is getting spread today! I certainly love running as well and celebrated by getting in some miles.
abbi recently posted..Katie’s North Face Endurance Challenge Experience

3 alice June 6, 2012 at 11:39 am

Chocolate PB2?? Sounds delicious…how do you make that?? πŸ™‚ Alice

4 Meghann June 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm

They sell chocolate PB2 on amazon πŸ™‚

5 alice June 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

oh bummer…they don’t sell it on italian amazon πŸ™

6 Allie June 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I will be running at kickball (sorta!) and at soccer tonight! I also have the same goal this summer to run a sub 23 min 5k. I think its doable for both of us!
Allie recently posted..I RUN…

7 Laura June 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Do you mean “leery” instead of “weary”?

8 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana June 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’m so glad you posted this! I’m going to set a running goal of training for either a 5 or 10K after I deliver in August πŸ™‚
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Honey Whole Wheat Oat Bread

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I didn’t know it was national running day until an hour or so ago, but I did go on a 4 mile run before work this morning!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–A Day In The Life

10 Emily N June 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I also am enjoying the cover photos.
Question that you may or may not have answered back when that picture was taken… In the photo with the 1:45 pace group sign… What’s the skirt you are wearing. It IS a skirt, right?
Emily N recently posted..Reflecting on National Running Day – and my Fears about Running

11 Meghann June 6, 2012 at 2:53 pm

It’s Lululemon πŸ™‚

12 LEM June 6, 2012 at 2:51 pm

So glad you publish so much! I’ve been reading you for a while without taking the time to comment. Well I just locked myself out so have pleeeeeenty of time to do so waiting for my bf to get back home. What is PB2? Is it sth American? X

13 Meghann June 6, 2012 at 3:45 pm

It’s ground peanut powder. You can find it on Amazon. πŸ™‚

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Happy National Running Day! I didn’t know that it was today, but I did just run 3 miles … so I guess I celebrated! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A weekend devoid of nutrients.

15 Katie June 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I won’t lie, I had kind of planned on biking tonight. But on my drive home from work Coldstone Creamery started sounding really good. So my new plan is to go do 5 miles and celebrate with a post-run ice cream!
Katie recently posted..Let’s Go Back

16 alice June 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm

today was my first National Running Day where i actually ran to celebrate! felt good. πŸ™‚ hoorah for your run as well!