Just Swimming in the Rain

by Meghann on June 1, 2012

At 5:30 this morning I stepped outside to dark skies, heavy clouds, and rain. Not the thing you want to see when you’re supposed to drive 30 minutes across town to meet your team for swim practice. I immediately began the texting the group to see if any plans for this morning’s practice had changed, but no such luck. As long as there was no lightening or thunder – everyone agreed practice was still on.

There went my excuse to crawl back in bed for another hour…

DSCF7001.JPG

The rain had slowed to a mere drizzle on the drive over, but as soon as we all had our swim caps and googles on, it picked up to crazy downpour. Good thing we were planning on getting wet anyways. πŸ˜‰

The rain stayed pretty consistent the whole practice, and even though the clouds were dark and scary, it wasn’t until we were about 40 minutes in that the lifeguard saw some lightening and cut our practice short. I had actually just finished a 100 set when I looked up and noticed my coach out of the water collecting our gear. I thought that was odd and it took me a few minutes to register practice was over. I was in the zone!

Oh, well. 40 minutes is better than nothin’.

DSCF7002.JPG

Our workout:

• Warm up: 300 easy
  • 4 x 100 @ 2:20 w/ paddles
  • 100 easy concentrating on stroke placement
  • 100 kick on back
  • 4 x 100 @ 2:15 w/ paddles

Total: 1300 meters <— I’ll take it!

Happy National Donut Day!!

201206010935.jpg

I saw this article pop up on USA Today yesterday advertising free donuts at Dunkin Donuts with any beverage purchase (they’re giving free donuts out today at Krispy Kreme and Winn-Dizie too). Since I drove by 4 or 5 Dunkin Donuts on the way home from the pool (they are seriously on every other block), I thought I’d be a nice fiancee and pop in for a treat or two to bring home.

dunkin donuts.jpg

I bought two iced coffees and got two free donuts out of the deal. A double chocolate glaze for Derek and a cake donut with chocolate glaze for me. ( cake donuts > yeast donuts)

I can’t tell you the last time I had a donut for breakfast. Definitely out of the norm, but also a fun little treat.

With a side of apple and PB2.

And, of course, an iced coffee.

IMG_0005.jpg

Yum. Yum. Yum. πŸ™‚

What’s your favorite type of donut? I usually go for cake donuts of any type, but I’m not a big fan of creme filled donuts (yuck!) or plain glaze (borrrrring).

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 1, 2012 at 9:43 am

I LOVE swimming in the rain! No idea why, but it’s so calming!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..June Goals

2 Courtney June 1, 2012 at 10:59 am

I agree! Swimming in the rain is my favorite. πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..The Countdown Is On!

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 1, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’m strangely one of those people that don’t really LIKE donuts. I’m probably more of a cake donut kind of person and I always try a bite imagining it’s going to be the best thing ever and then it’s not. Maybe the problem is that when / if I try them, it’s at a crappy hotel continental breakfast. HA!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Want to join in?

4 Hillary June 1, 2012 at 9:52 am

FREE DONUT DAY? Um, would it be weird to stop at DD after the gym? Haha!

I actually never crave donuts, but I do enjoy them every now and then. I love chocolate cake ones—with chocolate frosting! Go big or go home, right?

5 Katie D. June 1, 2012 at 10:20 am

I really only like donuts that are either filled with creme or custard. I don’t care for plain frosted donuts or jelly…YUCK!! So hubs and I stopped for donuts today and all they had were frosted or jelly…gross! I got a muffin instead.

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 1, 2012 at 10:21 am

I love donuts! My favorite are glazed or vanilla frosted. πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Happy National Donut Day & Dress Success Story!…

7 Cait's Plate June 1, 2012 at 10:26 am

Ahh! Thank you for reminding me that it’s free doughnut day!! I saw that and meant to make a mental note but forgot until now!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Sunflower Morning

8 Faith @ For the Health of It June 1, 2012 at 10:29 am

I love the glazed ones with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Cake donuts are too heavy for me – the yeast ones are so fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth that they trump cake by a long shot!

9 Sana June 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

I <3 munchkins because you get to eat lots of diff flavors!
Sana recently posted..I Sleep With All of My Electronics

10 Lindsay June 1, 2012 at 10:54 am

National Donut day is legit my favorite day of the year! I always go strawberry frosted with sprinkles πŸ™‚
Lindsay recently posted..A Donut Poem

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 1, 2012 at 10:55 am

I love the chocolate glazed donut holes. Yum!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Give Your Sole

12 Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner June 1, 2012 at 11:00 am

My old office used to be right by a Krispy Kreme, but I don’t know where I can find any by my new office. πŸ™ I’ll have to do some searching during lunch tune!
Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner recently posted..Track Party Wednesday

13 Lindsey June 1, 2012 at 11:02 am

Love Boston Cream, but they have to have the pudding type cream versus whipped cream – yuck. I wonder if anywhere here is celebrating national donut day!?
Lindsey recently posted..Goodbye May

14 Elisabeth June 1, 2012 at 11:06 am

I LOVE donuts & usually go for a cake donut or a pershing with maple frosting πŸ™‚ I hate filled donuts of any kind, especially jelly!

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 1, 2012 at 11:22 am

I can’t believe you don’t like creme filled donuts! Those are definitely my favorite! I love the long ones with creme in the middle and chocolate on top! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..One Panini, Two Panini, Three Panini, Four.

16 Margo June 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I’m with you! I prefer cake donuts. My favorite is coconut. Yum!
Margo recently posted..Marathons and Free Donuts

17 Annette @FitnessPerks June 1, 2012 at 1:41 pm

My husband would love the free donuts–I don’t love them, but he likes ’em! thank you πŸ™‚

And I actually LIKE swimming in the rain! Fun!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Greater Than That

18 Sarah @ RunningChickago.com June 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I totally agree- cake donuts are the best! πŸ™‚
Sarah @ RunningChickago.com recently posted..β€œSometimes the stars don’t line up”

19 Katie June 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Happy National Donuts Day! I wish we had a donut place where I live but unfortunately all we have are grocery store donuts. I actually haven’t had a donut for breakfast in years. My favorite was always a plain glazed yeast donut.

20 Mckenna June 1, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I LOVE Maple or Glazed!

21 Jennifer June 1, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I just got into using PB2! whenever i try and make it into actual peanut butter it never works! do you use the measurements that they give you?

22 Meghann June 1, 2012 at 4:22 pm

No – I just add a teeny bit of milk to the PB2 powder a little bit at a time until I get the right consistency. It really doesn’t take much milk at all. Also, milk works better than water πŸ™‚

23 Jennifer June 1, 2012 at 4:27 pm

awesome! thank you so much πŸ™‚

24 Brittney June 2, 2012 at 7:55 am

I’m bummed that I missed this!! I love Dunkin Donuts chocolate glazed, which I think is also considered a “cake” donut. Yum!
Brittney recently posted..Foodie Penpal