In need of a smile

by Meghann on May 29, 2012

It’s been a tough day.

Tough days require a reminder to smile.

This makes me smile.

πŸ™‚

I think that’s the point of cellphone and desktop backgrounds, right? I always set mine to my favorite photos as a reminder that not all days are bad – there are good ones too! – and there are people out there that I know always make everything ok.

My background usually switches back and forth between Derek and Maddie. They’re my favorites. πŸ™‚

What’s your current cellphone or desktop background?!

It doesn’t help that the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Dark clouds and rain are no bueno. Where did the bright and happy blue skies and sunshine go?!

I tried to counteract the dark skies with a bright and cheery salad.

Don’t the colors scream “come out, sunshine!”

The base was a bed of spinach topped with a circle of jalapeno cheese, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, turkey, and honey mustard pretzels (makeshift croutons!).

And a dollop of lemon hummus (still my new favorite hummus) and walnuts in the center.

It feels good to be craving salads again (thank you, summer!). They always leave me feeling energized, refreshed, and ready to take on the afternoon.

Here goes nothin’.

1 Sana May 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

πŸ™‚

2 Kaitlyn @ Pain Can Be Fun May 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Ohhhh that salad looks amazing!!!! Must. have. now.

Hope your day gets better πŸ™‚
Kaitlyn @ Pain Can Be Fun recently posted..Very Berry Protein Smoothie

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hope your day improves soon, girl! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An Elvis burger and a jalapeño margarita.

4 erica May 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm

hope your day gets better!

the picture on my phone: my dog!
erica recently posted..rude awakening

5 Annette @FitnessPerks May 29, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Yummmmmmy salad!! That looks awesome! Cheer up, the work day is almost over πŸ˜‰
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..How To Get Rid Of β€˜Fat Days’

6 Army Amy* May 29, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Cheet up, Meghann! My phone background is the sunsetting on a path that I run along. Before that, it was a garden in Germany. Both pictures are very zen.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Adventures in Nail Art

7 Madison @ PilatesMakesYouHappy May 29, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Oh Man! I was there yesterday… be encouraged that Friday is just around the corner!
Madison @ PilatesMakesYouHappy recently posted..The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day.

8 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 29, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Sometimes the rainy days are nice, because you can cuddle up with a good book and be cozy indoors πŸ™‚ Hope your day gets better!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Pony Rides and Caprese Salad

9 Sandy May 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You make the best salads! They are so colorful that I want to make them and eat them too πŸ™‚ Hope your tough day gets better!

10 Courtney May 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm

The background on my phone makes me extremely happy too! It’s my ultrasound pic of my little boy that is due in about six weeks!

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City May 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Feel better!! My background is a picture of my cat hiding in a pile of clothes. It always makes me smile πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..An Unconventional Memorial Day

12 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 29, 2012 at 4:59 pm

My background pic rotates between my cat, dog and husband. More often the pets! πŸ™‚ Hope you feel better!
You summer salad looks amazing.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Top 10 Foods for Clear Skin

13 Cait's Plate May 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Sorry you’re having a rough day πŸ™ I love your cellphone background idea though! I’m going to implement that!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Custom Made

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 29, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I hope your day gets better!

15 Kailey May 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I always have my desktop to my favorite T.V show – at the moment it is Seth & Summer from The O.C
Kailey recently posted..Alternative Bakery Company

16 Brittney May 29, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I feel ya, today was not my best day either, but I’m home with my husband and pup and just had a decent run to get some of the aggression out, so I’m hoping the rest of the my evening is better!
Brittney recently posted..Stuff I’m Into Lately

17 Elizabeth May 29, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Cheer up!! I hope the rest of day turned out better! Currently I have a picture of my fiance on my desktop (@ Disney!!!:) and my phone has a picture of my running shoes! My second love:)!

18 Hillary May 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I do the same thing. My work computer background is a picture of me on top of a cliff in Israel. I’m holding my arms up and out, and I remember feeling like I had conquered the world in that moment. Every time I have a hard day at work, that picture cheers me up!
Hillary recently posted..A Blogiversary Treat

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I have my cell background currently listed as one of my favorite quotes. πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Cheers

20 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama May 29, 2012 at 8:22 pm

My cell and computers all have pics of my kids and dog. Never fails to put a smile on my face!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..I’m Still In Holiday Mode

21 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

My phone background is my brother’s dog, Molly! She’s an almost one year old golden retriever! Her birthday is June 8th! Haha and yes, I will be celebrating.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Still Missing and Sad News

22 Heather May 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Is it bad I had to look at my phone to see what the backdrop was? It’s cinderella castle πŸ™‚ My computer has serenity bay, the adults beach on castaway cay, DIsney’s private island!
Heather recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend in Pictures

23 MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan May 30, 2012 at 9:40 am

That is the most unflattering photo of Derick ever.
My phone currently has a photo from my daughter’s wedding at the Don CeSar