more ยป" />

Hump Day

by Meghann on May 16, 2012

It’s Wednesday! Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿ™‚

I left the house for a run this morning not 100% sure how far I was going to to go. When it started drizzling about 2 miles from my place, I had my answer. I’m all for running in the rain when it’s a crucial run in my training plan (or I’m preparing for a big race where rain is a possibility), but when it’s just a casual weekday run, I’d rather not. I turned around and headed straight for home. Four miles was just fine with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

I followed my run with the Tone it Up Beach Bum Workout (as included in the Tone It Up Bikini Series Plan) and a jar of Overnight Oats in Jar.

In the jar:

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • last bit of almond butter
  • Plain Chobani
  • Almond Milk
  • chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • walnuts

On top:

• Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • strawberries

Sad to see my jar of Trader Joe’s Almond Butter with Sea Salt go, but at least it went out in a bang. You can’ go wrong with overnight oats in a jar. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Love that mix.

Now I’ll just have to wait for the next time I’m near a Trader Joe’s to buy one. Sniff.

Glee!

Loved last night’s episode(s). Especially this.

Downloading entire playlist…now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Cait's Plate May 16, 2012 at 10:02 am

Gah! I’m so behind on Glee – I need to catch up!

Breakfast looks fabulous as always – you need to start a movement to get a Trader Joe’s near you – no one should be without one! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Nice to Be Home

2 Lindsey May 16, 2012 at 10:02 am

I loved Rachel’s solo performace, she sang my favorite Celine Dion song. I thought that was the finale! But saw there is another show next week, no complaints though!
Lindsey recently posted..Wishes Do Come True!

3 Meghann May 16, 2012 at 10:05 am

I thought so too! But the scenes for next week’s graduation episode already had me feeling emotional – I’m afraid I might cry!

4 Sarah Haidar May 16, 2012 at 10:19 am

Oh hey, totally had a jar of overnight oats as well. Tried to make it with PB2 last night but it didn’t turn out as thick as I wanted it this morning. ๐Ÿ™ Lesson learned!

5 Meghann May 16, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’m a firm believer that overnight oats in a jar only work with the last bit of peanut butter or almond bar in a jar. Everything else fails in comparison. ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Jillian @ KMF May 16, 2012 at 10:42 am

mmmmm…overnight oats AND trader joe’s. i’m about to ask my mom to ship me some TJ almond butter from PA!

Happy Wednesday!
Jillian @ KMF recently posted..om: conquer the Crow

7 Yellow Haired Girl May 16, 2012 at 10:53 am

I haven’t watched last night’s Glee yet. I went to a spin class instead – I need to catch up. It was the finale, right?!

Nothing like starting the day off with overnight oats! Enjoy your day ๐Ÿ™‚
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..I Heart WIAW

8 Meghann May 16, 2012 at 10:56 am

Not the finale – that’s next week! It’s the graduation episode.

9 Grace @ Grace Dishes May 16, 2012 at 11:34 am

Breakfast looks delicious! I ran this morning and thankfully the Westchase area didn’t start drizzling hard until 10 am so I got my run in. It’s nice we’re finally getting rain since it’s been super humid lately!

Have a wonderful day!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Commitment

10 Carissa May 16, 2012 at 11:40 am

I was blessed with overnight oats on Monday. So yummy.

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I love OIAJ! Yours looks so good!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAWโ€“Excessive Snackageโ€ฆ

12 Jill May 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm

The new Trader Joe’s in Sarasota opens next month! I’m totally making the 91 mile trip from Tampa one day to check it out and stock up.

13 Meghann May 16, 2012 at 3:19 pm

haha – if I make the trip, it would only be my second trip to Sarasota EVER. Maybe Derek and I can make a day of it ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Candice May 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Love Glee! I have my first marathon this weekend and did my last run (4mi) today! I’m super nervous.. any tips?
Running in rain is not fun but wind is worse!
Candice recently posted..Red Rock Relay-Moab

15 Meghann May 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Don’t be nervous! You’re going to be great. Just remember that you’re not alone out there. Once you’re at the start line (and surrounded by THOUSANDS of runners) take in that feeling of “we’re all in this together” (because you are!) and let it sink it. I promise you’ll be inspired on the spot. Just remember to take in a lot of fluids (starting NOW!) and take each mile as it comes. If you start counting down from the start it’s going to be a long run. Good Luck!!!

16 erica May 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm

ack! i’m 2 weeks behind in Glee! i better catch up this weekend!
erica recently posted..{birthday trip}: travel day