5 Confessions

by Meghann on April 19, 2012

Confession: I’ve been known to wear shirts inside out, skip over crucial steps in recipes, and run 20 miles in mismatched running shoes.  Sometimes I’m not sure where my mind goes.

Confession: I miss my apartment in Orlando. I miss how full of light it was, I miss how cozy it was, and sometimes I just miss living by myself. I love Derek to death and I love living with him, but there’s something about being completely independent in a place that’s all my own that I miss.

Confession: I love eating weird food. I actually get a kick when people make funny faces at my weird creations. Some of it might not look appetizing, but I promise it’s all yummy.

Confession: I freeze up when people ask what my 5 year plan is. A 5 year plan? Gulp. Are we all supposed to have those?

cwln607l.jpg

Confession: I cry every time there’s a story about a heroic/faithful dog in the news. Recently I read about one dog who stayed by her furry friend after she was hit by a car and fatally wounded. I was crying so hard in Starbucks that a gentleman stopped by my table to make sure everything was ok.

Do you have anything to confess today?

Speaking of weird food….

my lunch.

Not exactly weird, more like a tasting platter of what I had in the fridge.

There’s last night leftover vegetable medley

cheese cubes, hummus, mashed avocado

pita wedges

and pear slices

Belly is full. Head is clear. Bag is packed.

See ya in Titusville!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Definitely feel ya on the 5 year plan..I am lucky to have a 5 minute plan…
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..ORANGE you glad it’s Thursday?

2 Sana April 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I am happy you own up to eating and loving weird food combos πŸ™‚

3 Victoria April 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I love my husband with all my heart, but sometimes I need alone time, as does he. I think a healthy marriage leaves room for independence!

Also, I loved living by myself in law school.
Victoria recently posted..The Runner Blahs

4 Kathy April 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I would have to confess that I some times love my alone, quiet time more than I like the crazy, loud family times….just some times. πŸ˜‰
Kathy recently posted..My eyes are set on Earth Day….

5 Krista April 19, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I get the whole living with someone thing. I had my own apartment before I met my husband & then after we dated for a year or so he moved into my place, and it’s great having him here, he actually made some great decisions regarding space & furniture that make the apartment more functional, but sometimes I refelect on how nice it was for the apartment to just be mine. I’m a fellow aquarious so maybe it’s just out independant nature?

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 19, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I think we can all relate to the part about missing living alone. I LOVE living with my husband. We have so much fun. But that single time living in my apartment was pretty special, too! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Tim Tebow’s … feet?

7 SaraRM April 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Im with ya on the independent living. Definitely has a feeling of its own!

Confession:I love clients, I love my job but sometimes a trainer can get just as burnt out on workouts as the client. I would love a complete day off away from the gym.

8 Gillian @ That's G April 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Love this post – and totally with you on the 5 year plan thing…gulp.

My confession? I LOVE law school but sometimes I wish I could drop everything and be a full-time HS Cross-Country coach and personal trainer.
Gillian @ That’s G recently posted..[race recap] she runs la 10k.

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Oh gosh, I am so scared to live with someone! I love having my own space and living by my own rules! Although hopefully when I do end up living with a guy we’ll be able to 1) have plenty of space and 2) communicate about things! Haha I think both are key.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

10 Abby April 19, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Confession: Even though I’m *this close* to finishing school and I’m excited to start my career as a teacher, I really just want to have kids and be a stay-at-home mom for a while. I haven’t really expressed that to many people because they would all think I’m crazy. I’m supposed to be the “smart” one who goes for her masters degree and worries about babies later.

11 Jill April 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I think talking catching up with a friend and a good yoga class are a good way to rid the blahs.

I’m so impressed with all of this food! How do you find the time to cook and prepare?

12 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming April 19, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Super cute confessions!

I personally eat whatever is leftover in my fridge too for lunch if I don’t have to feed my boyfriend. I go the extra mile if there’s someone else besides me!
Grace @ Healthy Dreaming recently posted..NY Times Article: Bridal Hunger Games

13 Cait's Plate April 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I hear ya on the living alone thing. It’s a definitely adjustment to go from living alone to living with someone. Sometimes it’s nice just to feel like you have a space of your very own!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Mainstays

14 Catherine April 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Brace yourself — dogs reunited with soldiers coming home from deployment.
Catherine recently posted..What I’ve been up to

15 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Confession: I love living in NYC but I really miss Colorado! Can I have the best of both worlds??
Also, I freak out about the 5 year question too! Let’s brainstorm how to better prepare for that one ASAP:)
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Gym meets Nightclub: Introducing Party Workouts

16 Kimberly April 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh I cry like a baby when I read dog stories. They really are a man’s best friend….so loyal with their unconditional love!

17 Juli D. April 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm

You might want to put a disclaimer on that video that the matter is somewhat graphic. I thought I’d read a story not see a dog’s bloodied head smashed on the pavement. I was not prepared for that.
Juli D. recently posted..Still Here.

18 Mary April 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I definitely agree on the independent living situation. Sometimes it’s just nice to be alone, independent and not having to clean up after someone else…

Here’s a confession.

I love my job, I love my patients, but sometimes, when they’re crazy, or I’ve had a string of bad assignments, I wonder why I put myself through four years of hell to become a nurse… Those days make me want to hurry up and get back into school so I dont have to wipe butts any more. πŸ˜‰

19 Christine April 19, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I sobbed and sobbed when I saw that dog story on some gossip site. I was at work, taking my lunch break at my computer. My boss (amazing person) asked me if I needed to go home πŸ™‚

20 Allie April 19, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I love weird food combinations. I live with three boys who can’t believe some of the things I eat. Don’t even mention spinach in a smoothie. I love the look of the cheese you’re eating. I didn’t even realise it was cheese at first. We definitely don’t have that in the UK!

21 Sarah April 19, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Who asks about a 5 year plan?! I’ve only gotten that question in job interviews and I make something up because, frankly… my 5 year plan includes babies and being a stay at home mom, which they obviously don’t want to hear.

Don’t worry too much about it, people just want to hear happy things like how you’re getting married and growing your business. πŸ™‚

22 Army Amy* April 19, 2012 at 11:06 pm

That was my question, too! I’ve never had anyone ever ask me about my 5 year plan!*
Army Amy* recently posted..The Things Thursday: Advice Edition

23 Meghann April 20, 2012 at 8:33 am

Maybe it’s just my line of work, but I have a lot of people ask me where I see myself in 5 years and I never have an answer.

24 Hillary April 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Confession: I am beyond excited to finally live with my boyfriend after spending six years long distance, but I do fear that I’ll always miss living alone. It’s been such a great experience, and having my own space has been invaluable. But I think I love him more ; )
Hillary recently posted..Oatmeal X 2

25 Megan @ The I Do Diaries April 19, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I am definitely with you all the weird food combos. And hey, most of the time they turn out well! That lunch platter looks really good! I am all for mixing a little of this, a little of that. My husband always makes fun of me for it. I guess my palate is just that indecisive πŸ˜‰

26 Turtle-speed runner April 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm

LOL I do exactly the same thing with stories of doggies!!! Makes me bawl like a baby πŸ˜‰ And I would love to live in my own apartment too….
Turtle-speed runner recently posted..Struggling

27 Carissa April 19, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Confession: I dropped a piece of chicken on the floor tonight and then fed it to my husband.
Carissa recently posted..Tech Test

28 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 19, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I’m with you on crying like a baby about dog stories. I have to switch the channel when the ASPCA commercial comes on. Total sob fest!

Confession: I like animals more than some people on most days!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..My “Go To” Stretches

29 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I confess that if I could find away to get rid of my student loans I would totally ditch the career Ive been building and go to Yoga Teacher’s Training. I even have the hubs blessing…if I could just get rid of those loans. πŸ™
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Homestead Creamery

30 Laura April 19, 2012 at 11:25 pm

SAME HERE!
Laura recently posted..Last year vs. This year

31 Dana April 19, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I’m the exact way about my 5 year plan. I don’t know the answer to that at all. It’s overwhelming to think about it!
Dana recently posted..N is for Never Too Much

32 Laura April 19, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Confession – I really love when my husband goes to rugby practice and I can have peace and quiet. Or just watch a tv show without being interrupted.

Confession – When I am at work I miss my dogs so much and I have been tempted to go home just to be with them.

Confession – I’m in the OMGSOFAT stage of my stressed-out cycle. It’s super fun.
Laura recently posted..Last year vs. This year

33 Emily N April 20, 2012 at 8:24 am

I don’t have a 5 year plan either. Well, I will be a mom sometime in those 5 years. That’s it.
Emily N recently posted..New Sports Bras