Iced

by Meghann on April 18, 2012

Coffee ice cubes in iced coffee = GENIUS!

I always mean to do this at home, but we rarely have leftover coffee to do it with. Plus, I’m not even sure we have ice trays. Perhaps I should buy some? Maybe I’ll get some fun star shape ice cube trays so we can have fun star shaped coffee ice cubes. That would be fun. 🙂

And why just stick with coffee? The sky’s the limit!

The iced coffee is from one of my favorite coffee shops in Tampa: Felicitous. Not only do their coffee ice cubes rock, the foamy iced coffee that’s served with them is pretty amazing as well. I’m also a fan of the quiet relaxed atmosphere and the peace, love, and coffee vibe that oozes from the kindness of the staff and patrons.

#loveeveryone enough said.

Lunch today came in the form of leftovers.

Starting with the last of Monday night’s polenta-topper soup.

I had dropped little spoonfuls of the rest of the polenta in the soup when I packed it away in tupperware on Monday night. The polenta sank to the bottom and sorta became polenta dumplings. The polenta dumplings ended up a nice surprised in the leftover soup.

I also toasted up a few of the cauliflower tots from last night.

Do you know who loves the cauliflower tots? Maddie. She’s obsessed! I gave her a couple and she kept begging for more. Good to know someone fell head over heels in love with them.

🙂

I updated the wedding page!

Weigh in on my search for the perfect bridesmaid dresses.

I also spoke with a local representative at Girls on the Run today about the possibly of becoming an assistant coach in the Fall. I love the program and everything it stands for (empowering preteen girls through running) and have been wanting to volunteer with the organization for a while. I actually sought them out at the Gasparilla Expo last month and put my email down for any opportunities that may open up. One did open up and I’m excited about the possibility of filling it. 🙂

1 Lauren @ Focused 2 Be Fit April 18, 2012 at 3:34 pm

LOVE coffee ice cubes! I do this too!
Lauren @ Focused 2 Be Fit recently posted..Fitness Journey UPDATE

2 Sana April 18, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Must.have.coffeeeeee.
Sana recently posted..Homemade Pistachio and Almond Ice Cream (Kulfi)

3 Cait's Plate April 18, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I keep meaning to make coffee ice cubes for my iced coffee as well. I need to get on that!

Exciting news about GOTR! I know a lot of people that have absolutely loved their experience with the program! 🙂
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Rain, Rain…

4 Allie @Being Allie April 18, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I emailed Girls on the Run yesterday to talk about starting one as well – I love the idea of the program so much!
Allie @Being Allie recently posted..Four Days.

5 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming April 18, 2012 at 3:52 pm

That is an amazing idea! I hate watered down coffee and the weather is definitely heating up in Tampa 🙂

I’ve never heard of the organization so I clicked on it. You would be wonderful for it! It’s such a fabulous cause! Best of luck!
Grace @ Healthy Dreaming recently posted..Homemade Whole Wheat Pita Pockets

6 Carolyn April 18, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I just got a Yelp email about this coffee shop. Never heard of it though. Where is it at?
Carolyn recently posted..Recent Recipes

7 Meghann April 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

It’s over by USF area. It’s a bit of a college hangout, but with a hippie vibe. 🙂

8 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe April 18, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Mmmmm that soup looks incredible.
As for the ice cubes- my gram LOVES coca cola – even makes coca cola ice cubes so it doesn’t water down her drink!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Who wants to TRI something new?! (GIVEAWAY!)

9 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Iced coffee is my hero. Why did I never think to do this??
Hope the assistant coach opportunity pans out! That would be awesome.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Morel Mushrooms: Spring’s Shroomy Paradise

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I’m hoping to coach GOTR this fall! It depends on my school schedule though
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW–Memo Fueling Style

11 Ellie April 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm

OH my gosh! I LOVE Girls on The Run! I coached in college and it literally helped me redirect my life!

12 Part Time House Wife April 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Never been a fan of Iced Coffee but right this very second …nothing in the world sounds better to me! I just can’t get with it today! Cauliflower tots sound pretty tasty too.
Part Time House Wife recently posted..Sassy Steak Taco’s!

13 Anna@ActiveFingers April 18, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Love the idea of coffee ice cubes! I will have to make those soon!
Anna@ActiveFingers recently posted..Zzzzz

14 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 18, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Im all for coffee, anytime anywhere! I prefer hot but Im going to need to try to adopt iced. Something tells me hot coffee and 95% mornings wont mix well!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Wednesday Wonderings

15 Emily N April 19, 2012 at 8:55 am

I am so glad that you decided to volunteer to be an assistant coach. I have been a run buddy a few times, so we’ll see!
Emily N recently posted..Sore Back-of-the-Knee

16 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds April 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Love the iced coffee idea 🙂 Also… iced fruit juice in sparkling water sounds like fun… and for a bit of Spring fun… how about freezing tiny wildflowers in ice cubes for a colorful lemonade?