more ยป" />

Fitness Center Fun

by Meghann on April 11, 2012

The Marriott fitness center was hoppin’ at 5:30 this morning.

IMAG1415.jpg

Looks like I’m not the only fitness freak who enjoys getting a workout in early in the morning. ๐Ÿ˜‰ There are a few conferences going on at the hotel this week, so I’m sure half the gym was filled with fellow conference guests who also had 7:00am call times and the other half was made up of vacationers who needed an early start before heading to the parks for the day. Still, I was little surprised to see how full the gym was at such an early time, probably the fullest I’ve ever seen a hotel gym.

The gym was nice too. The treadmills were all state of the art and I appreciated the printout channel guide next to the tv on all of them. It was a nice touch that was much appreciated when trying to figure out what to watch, all hotel gyms with TVs should have the same set up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMAG1413.jpg

The gym also came with a full set of free weights. I can’t tell you the last time I stayed at a hotel where the gym had free weights! ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMAG1417.jpg

I skipped the weights this morning and stuck with the treadmill. I only had 30 minutes, so I went hard and fast with 30 minutes of hill repeats. I should have found a pre-made hill workout online before my workout, but sorta winged it instead. I toggled between a 7.0 pace on the flat parts and a 6.0 on the hills with a 8% incline. It was hard, but next time I’m sure I’ll benefit more from a pre-planned workout. ๐Ÿ™‚

After the gym I showered and headed downstairs for registration.

We had a simple coffee set-up for breakfast

As well as some yogurt pots and pastries.

I had a strawberry yogurt pot and a blueberry muffin.

Plus an apple I brought from home.

I was a bit experimental with my beverage choice. I’m not sure if this is a real drink or not, but it was half coffee/half hot water with a black tea bag.

I thought it was a good mix of tea and coffee, but I know my fellow co-workers weren’t as impressed. Eh – to each their own. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The conference just started and the sessions are officially on their way.

Let the fun begin!

Whole Food Pineapple Winner

The winner of the Whole Foods Pineapples is Chris! Congrats, Chris!*

*Chris has already been contacted via email.

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 11, 2012 at 10:31 am

That is crazy full for a gym that early in a hotel! Haha I guess it’s the conferences, otherwise I’d be surprised so many people would want to get up so early on vacation, especially with a day of walking around the parks ahead!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAWโ€“Rocking Out the Long Day

2 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

I have to admit, the idea of tea and coffee sounded really bizarre to me when you tweeted it this AM, but then I remembered that I like Dirty Chais, which of course are a mix as well…so…hmmm.
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..wordless wednesday.

3 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon April 11, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love the yogurt pots–how fun!
For a bit, I was on a half coffee/half chai tea kick. If you liked the coffee and black tea I’d definitely try it out with chai! The spice works so well ๐Ÿ™‚
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Bye-bye boredom treadmill workout

4 Carrie April 11, 2012 at 10:43 am

Wow – that’s a pretty deluxe hotel gym! Usually they are abandoned, and have one sad treadmill or stationary bike and perhaps a weight machine or two.
Carrie recently posted..Recipe: Curried Mung Bean Soup

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

That gym sounds nice for a hotel and that is crazy how packed it is! I’m never had coffee/tea together. It sounds interesting.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Rehearsal Dinner Booked & Room Block Infoโ€ฆ.

6 Cait's Plate April 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hotel gym that full before!

That blueberry muffin looks awesome. I could definitely go for that. And I love the half coffee/half tea idea! Haha.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Lights & Darks

7 Molly April 11, 2012 at 12:31 pm

**experimental

8 Sneakers2Sandals April 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Whoa ,that’s one of the nicest most packed hotel gyms I’ve ever seen! You’re always so smart to bring fruit from home…
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Ground Turkey Quinoa Skillet

9 Hillary April 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I stayed at a hotel on vacation last week that had free weights—but only one treadmill, one bike, and one elliptical! Tiny, but it did the job!
Hillary recently posted..Be Kind.

10 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm

That sounds like an amazing hotel gym, how convenient for people! I love the half coffee and half tea idea too, kind of like a tea misto minus milk?
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..WIAW {04-10-2012}

11 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Wow! I guess an early morning workout is the thing to do at the Marriott! Looks nice.
I am pretty sure I have dreamed of a chai tea coffee mix for all my life and have been less than impressed. Maybe I will give black tea a whirl. ๐Ÿ™‚
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Cauli-ful: Show Off with Colored Cauliflower

12 Aleasha April 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Everything looks wonderful. Love the food table! yumm
Aleasha recently posted..Skinny Girl Cosmo = Trouble

13 Amelia April 11, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Wow that is a legit gym! I wish more places had that kind of set up.
Amelia recently posted..Amelia: Run in the Streets

14 Army Amy* April 11, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Yogurt pot! Adorable!*
Army Amy* recently posted..An Extra Set of Hands

15 Serena April 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm

That is a great gym!
Serena recently posted..Is this a reality show?

16 Emily N April 12, 2012 at 8:45 am

I already said this on your daily mile entry, but good work with the hills. Your rear is going to thank you AFTER the Pig for all your hard prep! ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily N recently posted..Back to Running, after the Strength PUSH