more ยป" />

Registration is Open

by Meghann on April 10, 2012

And we’re off.

The Social Mobile Payments conference kicked off this evening with a beer and wine welcome reception and registration.

While the attendees cashed in their free drink tickets…

Deb and I were in charge of checking people in.

I love this part of the conference process. I’m a people person, so it’s fun to interact with people as they check in. It’s also always nice to put a face with a name and get a chance to say hello. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before registration began, I had a nice treat delivered to my room from the folks at Marriott. (The perk of being on the event organization team. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

When the attendant delivered the tray, she asked for my ID. Ha! Considering I’m closer to 30 than 21, I’ll take that as a compliment.

I had a glass before heading downstairs.

Once registration was over, I stopped at the quick service restaurant for dinner.

Not going to lie, the veggie pizza was not good, but it was food and I ate it all

The chocolate covered pretzels from my goodie stash almost made up for the pizza.

IMG_1880.jpg IMG_1882.JPG

We have an early start in the morning and I’m going to try and squeeze a run in before hand. Time to get some sleep.

Good night!

1 Carrie April 10, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Free booze is always a fun perk!
Carrie recently posted..Recipe: Curried Mung Bean Soup

2 Niki@justrunninwithit April 10, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Those pretzels look gooooooood
Niki@justrunninwithit recently posted..Why hello weekend

3 Julie April 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

Busy busy!!!!! Good luck this weekend.
Julie recently posted..Decoupaging wine bottles while drinking wine

4 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 11, 2012 at 6:40 am

Nice perks! Don’t you love being carded now? It’s the little things that make my day! ๐Ÿ™‚
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Tuesday Tempo

5 Crystal April 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

The pizza makes me really hungry now… Anyway, may you have a great week ahead! Enjoy!
Crystal recently posted..Vacation Traveling

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 11, 2012 at 7:30 am

Wow, you rarely hear about pizza that’s NOT good! It must have been really bad! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I love food.

7 Cait's Plate April 11, 2012 at 7:37 am

Those yogurt/chocolate covered pretzels are like CRACK! The perfect combination of sweet and salty!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Bloominโ€™

8 Emily N April 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

Every now and again getting carded is nice. Other times I feel like its a hassle. But I think that is normal!
Emily N recently posted..Back to Running, after the Strength PUSH

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 11, 2012 at 8:09 am

What a nice perk! I get carded a lot too. I guess it’s better to look young than old ๐Ÿ™‚ I love yogurt pretzels! They are so addicting.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Rehearsal Dinner Booked & Room Block Infoโ€ฆ.

10 Beka April 11, 2012 at 8:22 am

I like being carded as well. It may be a hassle, but it is a “compliment” of sorts the older we get! Yay for free wine!
Beka recently posted..No more chocolate cake?

11 Angela April 11, 2012 at 8:29 am

Gotta love nice perks!

Good luck have fun this weekend!!
Angela recently posted..Crossfit For Hope