Take-Out

by Meghann on April 7, 2012

Victory!

Screen shot 2012-04-07 at 11.02.56 PM.png

Two down. One to go.

Go Rays, Go! πŸ™‚

It’s opening weekend for baseball, which is something I probably would not have known even existed before I met Derek, but he loves baseball and I’ve learned to enjoy the game too. We were going to go to the game tonight in honor of his birthday, but ended up bailing in favor of staying home at the last minute. Why deal with traffic/crowds when you can enjoy the game from the comfort of your own couch? πŸ˜‰

We’ve actually both been couch potatoes all day, trading off between a marathon of Breaking Bad (Derek’s current Netflix obsession) and Mad Men (my current Netflix obsession). I made a lightish lunch (I was feeling more snack-y than hungry) around 3:00.

I reheated the leftover ‘fried’ green tomatoes in the oven and decided at the last minute that pasta sauce and provolone cheese would be excellent over them. I was right. πŸ˜‰

I know it seems like I’ve been eating a lot of PB2 lately, but it’s only because I like the consistency and taste. I prefer to add a bit more milk than suggested to make the PB2 extra runny, it makes for a better dip or ‘sauce’ that way.

A couple of hours later I had some veggie chips and pretzel sticks with hummus.

While brainstorming plans for dinner this evening, I asked Derek what his favorite meal was in Tampa. He informed me it was the kobe burger at Bonefish Grill. I offered to take him to Bonefish for dinner, but he was perfectly content watching the game from the couch.

Plan B: take out.

I can’t say I’ve ever gotten takeout from Bonefish Grill before, but the process was really quick and easy. I pulled up, the hostess came to my car, and I had my food in a matter of minutes. It was awesome.

My take-out meal.

Bang bang shrimp! (on top of the house salad)

Bonefish Grill was my ‘special dinner’ go-to restaurant in college. When ever my college roommates or I had a special occasion or birthday in college, we always went to Bonefish Grill and we always ordered Bang Bang shrimp. πŸ™‚

With bread.

And I enjoyed a Cigar City Maduro with my meal.

Coffee Fudge Brownie Ice Cream for dessert

And so ends a great Saturday. I ran, I relaxed, and the Rays won. Victory, indeed.

Good night!

1 Sabrina April 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

After my run this morning I parked myself on the couch too. A salad for lunch and leftovers for dinner. It was a glorious day of relaxation.
Sabrina recently posted..Saturday’s Things

2 Sloane @ My Life in Florida April 7, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Since you like Craft Beer, you should check out Seventh Sun Brewery in Dunedin. I do not think they distribute beer yet but they have a tasting room and Justin and Devin (The owners) are full of Beer knowledge.
Sloane @ My Life in Florida recently posted..Lighthouse Tour and Sad Goodbye! πŸ™

3 Carrie April 8, 2012 at 1:21 am

We just went through a Breaking Bad obsession in our house…I’m sad that we’re all caught up and have to wait for the new season now. πŸ™
Carrie recently posted..A Summer-y Run Recap

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 8, 2012 at 7:04 am

Your dinner looks SO good! I haven’t had Bang Bang Shrimp in ages, but I remember how delicious it is! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..He has Risen!

5 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon April 8, 2012 at 7:28 am

Noooo Yankees what are you doing to me! πŸ™‚
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Sneaky bunny, carrots are for kids!

6 Cait's Plate April 8, 2012 at 7:53 am

Woohoo! I support anyone who beats the Yankees so go Rays go is right! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Spoiled

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 8, 2012 at 8:15 am

That salad looks so good! Glad you had a nice, relaxing day!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Bunnies, Chicks and Eggs, Oh My!

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 8, 2012 at 11:59 am

Your dinner looks great, I love carryout πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..When to Work Out and When to Take a Break

9 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Going to a game always sounds fun but then I think of the traffic and added stress. Why does that have to ruin it? Your right, watching from home can be just as fun without the stress!

Sometimes being a bum and staying at home is the best way to celebrate a birthday!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Easter Eggs and Spring Hiking

10 Anne April 8, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Tampa actually won 8-6, not 7-6.
Did you even watch the game?

11 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 8, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I want to go to a Rays game once I move. Im not a baseball girl but Ive never really had a team to root for. However, if the traffic is anything like the traffic at a Bucs game I can see why you stayed home. My husband and I were in that parking lot for well over an hour. It was a nightmare….worth it though. I love football! πŸ™‚
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Easter Weekend With The Fam

12 Emily N April 9, 2012 at 9:00 am

Nice job to the Rays this weekend for completing their SWEEP! (and to my Tigers too!)
Emily N recently posted..Back to Strong