more ยป" />

A Blue Cheese Win

by Meghann on April 4, 2012

In case you were wondering (I know I was!) leftover wedges of roasted cabbage is AMAZING with blue cheese dressing and pieces of turkey.

Just sayin. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also amazing? Reheating leftover roasted cabbage wedges and leftover nut butter encrusted parsnip and carrot fries under the broiler so they stay crisp.

Combine them all together and you have a fabulous lunch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Broiler = win in the reheating leftovers department. Toaster ovens come in a close second, but only because we don’t have one to truly utilize the power of it. If we had one, I bet I would be singing a different tune, but a toaster oven would take up precious real estate on our already very limited counter top space, so a mix of the regular toaster and broiler works just fine for now. ๐Ÿ™‚

The knee is doing good. The scrape did bleed right through my first bandage, so I had to rewrap it after lunch. I also took some ibuprofen, which – along with the ice – has been helping with the swelling. ๐Ÿ™‚

I updated the wedding page today (this is turning into a daily thing since I enjoy writing these posts so much :)). Today’s topic: reserving the hotel room block. <– if you have any topic requests, let me know below! ๐Ÿ™‚

Random question: How many photos are on your cellphone right now? I have 970. That’s almost 2 years of memories and I find it hard to delete any of them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 4, 2012 at 2:57 pm

233 photos!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Race Face (A Weekend in DC, part 2)

2 Sana April 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I never delete cell phone pics. I love them all ๐Ÿ™‚ 300!
Sana recently posted..Egg Pudding with Caramel Sauce

3 Allison April 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I prob. Only have about 20, but I still have a flip phone!
Allison recently posted..Twister

4 Casey April 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Love the random Maddie photo. ๐Ÿ™‚ She’s such a cutie!

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 4, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I only have a couple of photos … I have an old-school phone that doesn’t take very good pictures and doesn’t have the internet. I’m still living in the year 2001. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I could really use a better knife.

6 Alison April 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I absolutely love re-heating leftovers in our toaster oven!! So delicious. I have some in the toaster oven as I type…
Alison recently posted..Out with the old, in with the new

7 Cait's Plate April 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm

117 and that’s not including albums!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A Smattering

8 Erika@YouJustDidWhat April 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Bleu cheese on just about anything…YUMMY!
And I don’t have too many photos, since my phone is on the newer side.
Erika@YouJustDidWhat recently posted..ladybug

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 4, 2012 at 4:06 pm

When I was younger I never understood why my mom would try and re-heat pizza in the oven instead of the microwave, which was soooo much faster! Now I totally get it… Haha the things we learn as we get older.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Racing Bug and WIAW

10 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I have 140 pictures but I’ve only had my phone since October. I love my toaster oven, it’s probably one of the best appliances that I own. That being said, it takes up sooo much space!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..WIAW: A Hungry Day

11 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 4, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Ha ha I have fewer than 20 because I still have a flip phone ๐Ÿ™‚
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Our Reception Venue

12 Carrie April 4, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Glad your knee is doing better!
Carrie recently posted..My Experiences Encouraging a New Runner

13 Jessica Krogman April 4, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I had over 100 pictures on my phone a couple weeks ago but since most of them were of were of my dogs I was feeling a little crazy dog lady and deleted all but 44 of them.
Jessica Krogman recently posted..How to turn your blog into a book

14 Sarah April 4, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Just a tip, if you’re having trouble stopping a wound from bleeding, ibuprofen isn’t your best choice since it thins your blood. Try Tylenol next time if you’re worried about the bleeding. Hope you feel better soon!

15 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Our toaster oven got the boot when we moved from a rental into our house. I needed a K-Cup coffee maker. Priorities! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Hey Sprout!

16 Faith @ For the Health of It April 4, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I don’t plan to get on the roasted cabbage train, but the bleu cheese dressing I could totally get behind! Have you tried it on sweet potatoes or sweet potato fries? I feel like that could be a winner…but I also could be horribly wrong…

17 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner April 4, 2012 at 8:32 pm

My husband has close to 1500 on his phone (since February 2011). You’d think he writes a blog… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope your knee is feeling better! When I saw that you fell, I thought of your fall from this summer. It wasn’t the same stitched up knee, was it? And I totally would’ve cried too. I’m a baby…
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..poor, sick baby [wiaw]