Yee-Haw

by Meghann on April 2, 2012

Good Morning!

Any country music fans out there?

I stayed up later than I originally intended last night watching the ACMs in bed (I swear I don’t take advantage of the tv in the bedroom nearly enough). I’m a big country girl at heart and actually prefer the country music award shows to any other award shows because they always look like their having so much fun and more often than not I actually know who the performers and singers are (the last two years I’ve watched the Grammy’s I was struggling to name the majority of the attendees).

I do have a couple of things to say about the show.

#1 – I love Taylor Swift’s hair straight.

(source)

The curls were starting to get to me – no idea why, I guess I’m just weird. I think she’s looks a little older and more sophisticated with straight hair. Of course, I love her music either way. 🙂

#2 – I thought the on-stage wedding was sweet.

(source)

There was a lot of back and forth this morning about the couple’s mid-show wedding ceremony during Martina McBride and Pat Monahan’s performance of “Marry Me”. I actually didn’t know who the couple was until I did some googling and discovered that Martina McBride had hand selected them from a group of couples that had been nominated or nominated themselves to be married onstage at the ACMs this year. The couple had met through a support group for widowers after each had lost their spouses in 2009 and were engaged in 2011. (source)

There have been a few critics who have called the wedding ‘tacky’ and ‘tasteless,’ but in my opinion, who cares? It was their decision to be married onstage and, if that’s what they wanted, then they got their dream wedding and I’m happy for them. Weddings should be a joyous occasion whether they be in the privacy of a courtroom, the open space of giant field, or on live television for millions to see. They looked happy and in love and I wish them both a long, happy future together. 🙂

Workout

I was back at them gym this morning for NROLFW 7-4. First I started with a short 20 minute hill workout on the teadmill (nothing big, just some ups and downs between a 5.5 and a 1.5 incline), then I tackled the weights for NROLFW. I’m at the point now where I’m pretty much over stage 7 in my mind. It’s just so long and tedious that I’m ready for something new. Only 2 more workouts to go!

Breakfast

I refueled after the gym with a big bowl of greek yogurt and cereal

• 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup shredded wheat
  • 1/4 cup granola
  • plain greek yogurt
  • walnuts
  • strawberries

Now that’s a way to kick off a Monday. 🙂

My day is full of conference calls today. We’re *this close* to releasing information for the next Healthy Living Summit, I’m just waiting on a signed contract that I should have in *fingers crossed* this week. eeekkkk…. so exciting!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

I agree, Meghann. People shouldn’t judge other people’s wedding choices – if it’s happy and will be a wonderful memory for them, why not?
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..No Foolin’ (A Weekend in DC, part I)

2 Becca April 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

I thought the ACMS were really good, and like you said its totally up to the couple how they get married 🙂 So many people have posted yogurt bowls with strawberries and now that’s all I want… Yum!
Becca recently posted..Family Day

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

I am DYING To hear about HLS this year!!!!! announce it as soon as you can!!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Chi Town Half Marathon Race Recap

4 Allison April 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

I didn’t stay up to watch it last night. I need to YouTube it.
I am just starting NROLFW. I’m on stage one work out four!
Allison recently posted..Money Maker

5 Dana April 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

Can’t wait for info about HLS. I haven’t been able to go before, but I’m hoping this is my year!
I’m on Stage 1 of NROLFW and it just seems to be dragging on and on and on… Hope stage 7 ends soon for you.

6 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 2, 2012 at 11:42 am

I love Taylor Swift and her music, to me she seems so much classier than a lot of the other mainstream singers.

Also, as always your yogurt bowl looks delicious, especially those strawberries!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..The Bristol and a Busy Weekend

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 2, 2012 at 11:56 am

That’s so cool about the Healthy Living Summit! I’ll be very curious to hear details!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bipolar eating at its finest.

8 allpointswhole April 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Oh my gosh, I can not wait to hear about the HLS

9 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I agree, I think weddings should be joyous, no matter where or how the couple decides to do it!

10 Carrie April 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I don’t have much of an opinion about country music or the ACM’s, but I don’t know why people would get so bent out of shape about a couple getting married on stage – if that’s how they want to get married than all the more power to them!
Carrie recently posted..Weekly Wrap-up

11 Lauren April 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm

AHHH so excited for the news on the HLS. I’ve been waiting for months! 🙂 Have a great day girl.
Lauren recently posted..Weekend Recovery

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I didn’t even know the awards show last night. WHoops! Hah.

Exciting stuff for HLS!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..BodyPUMP Release 81 Review

13 Alaina April 2, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I think my favorite awards show is the Tony’s. Especially last year when Neil Patrick Harris hosted.

I am determined to make it to HLS this year! I can’t wait to hear the details!
Alaina recently posted..Sunday Stuff

14 Meghann April 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

LOVE the Tony’s too!!! I just love watching for the performances 🙂

15 Emily N April 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Eh, I think if they want to get married onstage, then good for them. Its not your wedding (meaning ANYONE ELSE, not you specifically) so don’t judge it!
I love country music, however, last night Wrestlemania was on and my hubby and I having a standing annual date to go to a bar that buys the pay-per-view and watch it together!
Emily N recently posted..Marathon Training Week 13 in Review

16 Cait's Plate April 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Oh dang! I knew there was something on that I wanted to watch last night and I couldn’t remember what! I’ll have to scroll through the blogs today to see if I can get filled in!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..P90 and Pizza

17 Army Amy* April 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I liked the ACMs, lots of great performances! I think it’s weird when the presenters perform, though. I don’t know why, but that bugs me. Overall, it was a great show.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Firefly Run 5k Race Recap

18 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 2, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Looking forward to HLS info. I came the year it was in Chicago and I had so much fun. Id love to do it again. 🙂
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Bridesmaid Boot Camp

19 Serena April 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I like country music, but I like Amazing Race better GRRR.
Serena recently posted..Running as Therapy

20 LD April 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Hi, the bride is one of my friends and her late husband was my husbands best friends. They are both amazing people and have gone through more than most will in their lifetime in their early 30’s. Thanks for “sticking up” for them..I totally agree..everyone is entitled to their own choices and they were both so very excited to be chosen for this opportunity. She looked beautiful and cant wait to attend their wedding celebration in October!

21 Amanda @RunToTheFinish April 8, 2012 at 8:57 pm

can’t wait for the HLS info, would love to particpate finally! working on my calendar to hit the best events 🙂
Amanda @RunToTheFinish recently posted..Running Streak is it selfish?