Addressed and Stamped

by Meghann on April 2, 2012

The save-the-dates arrived today! Woo hoo!

Of course, I couldn’t wait to start addressing and stamping them. πŸ˜‰

I was only going to do a couple, but ‘a couple’ turned into a a couple more….and a couple more… until it was 10:00pm and I had addressed and stamped all 100 of them. Whoops. I guess I was just on a roll? πŸ˜‰

They should be in the mailbox tomorrow. Our first wedding related material – out the door. Check!

Unfortunately my food this evening wasn’t as exciting.

I had a serving of mixed nuts and dried mango for a snack this afternoon.

And dinner consisted of some leftover salmon, ‘fried’ okra, and corn.

The salmon tasted a lot better than it looked. It was left over from when my grandparents visited last month and had been in the freezer since. I defrosted the salmon in some warm water, then baked it at 400 for 15 minutes. The yogurt topping looked funny once it was reheated, but all of the flavor was still there.

The ‘fried’ okra was really baked okra that I coated with a dry rub of cornmeal and a cajun spice blend before baking at 400 for 15 minutes.

I wouldn’t call the okra crispy, but they weren’t slimy either. They were a great ‘faux’ fry mix that allowed them to have the fry flavor without being heavily breaded.

Fresh-off-the-cob corn on the side.

I love corn on the cob, but I don’t love how it sticks in my teeth, so I always shave it off. Easier to eat that way. πŸ™‚

Sugar cookie with chocolate icing for dessert.

Yum.

Time to sleep.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I actually love plain okra! I’d never had it until I went to SC for college, now my best friend (from small town NC) thinks it’s crazy I like it plain, she’s never even tried it without breading!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Chi Town Half Marathon Race Recap

2 Sana April 2, 2012 at 11:03 pm

My dad loves okra, but it’s too odd for me to get into!
Sana recently posted..Annapolis Photo Shoot

3 Lena @Fit on the Rocks April 2, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Wow you really were on a roll with those cards! But hey, now you don’t have to worry about them.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Fore!

4 Shannon April 2, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Yay for save the dates that are out the door! Sometimes I think that leftovers taste better than when originally cooked. Maybe the flavors seep in more?
Shannon recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheerios

5 Carrie April 2, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Congrats on the save the dates! I love the idea of oven-fried okra – will have to try some!
Carrie recently posted..Recipe: Rice-less Sushi

6 Chelsea April 3, 2012 at 12:26 am

I thought I hated okra because everything I had it, it was slimy. I’ll have to try it your way. And happy planning!
Chelsea recently posted..Treat Yourself

7 Alison April 3, 2012 at 12:58 am

Good for you at getting all those addressed and stamped!! It’s nice to get stuff like that done and out of the way.
Alison recently posted..Under Construction!

8 NJ April 3, 2012 at 5:41 am

Meghann,

I remember having that same enthusiasm but you might want to consult etiquette for timelines. I used The Knot to see STDs go out at 6 months and invites around 8 weeks. They say they can go earlier if most of your guests are far out of town/state but you just don’t want to risk people setting it aside and neglecting to remember because it is so far in advance. Also, you have to be 100 percent on your guest list since everyone who gets one has to get an invite and a lot can change in several months. Save Dates are somewhat of a new thing and I just think brides have gotten a little out of hand with how early they go out.

They look great though.

9 Katiedid April 3, 2012 at 7:52 am

I agree, I think you’re sending them out a little too early. I sent mine out at 7 months and I had a lot of “wow, those are early” comments. A lot of my guests were out of town though…

10 Meghann April 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

Most wedding sites I’ve consulted with suggest sending 9-6 months in advance, especially if you have a lot of out of town guests (most of Derek’s family will be coming from the Cayman Islands) or your wedding falls around the Holidays (our wedding is first Saturday in the new year). As of this week we are 8 months out.

11 Anne P April 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

As you know, we sent ours around 8 to 9 months in advance and everyone was really happy for the heads up. I just think it makes sense to tell people as early as you can – why not?! πŸ™‚
Anne P recently posted..A Key Bridge Marriott Wedding

12 Meghann April 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

Yes, and I could tell people were paying attention – your one hotel block booked up fast!

13 Meghann April 3, 2012 at 8:40 am

Thanks for the advice, but I’ve consulted a few wedding sites as well that recommend sending save the dates 6-9 months in advance. As of right now we are 8 months out – and since our wedding is during the holiday season (it’s the same week as New Years) we want to get them out early because we know that time of year books up early with people. As of right now our guest list is pretty much set in stone, it’s mainly family and we’re happy with it. πŸ™‚

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 3, 2012 at 6:40 am

Congrats on getting those ‘save the dates’ done!! One more thing to check off the list! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bipolar eating at its finest.

15 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 3, 2012 at 6:52 am

I have never tried okra. But then again, I had my first brussel sprout yesterday too. πŸ˜€
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Bridesmaid Boot Camp

16 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 3, 2012 at 7:25 am

Congrats on sending out your Save the Dates! It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders once I sent ours out. πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..An Evening Of Comfort…

17 Serena April 3, 2012 at 7:42 am

I love okra in jumbalaya, but I’ve never had it just on its own. Looks good! How exciting that your save the dates are on their ways!
Serena recently posted..Running as Therapy

18 Emily N April 3, 2012 at 8:33 am

Nice job getting your first wedding mail out. I am sure that it feels like an accomplishment, and it should!
Emily N recently posted..Marathon Training Week 13 in Review

19 Coco April 3, 2012 at 9:35 am

I am like this- when I start something I just want to get it done!
Coco recently posted..Weekend + Circuit + Workout + Work

20 Kathy April 3, 2012 at 9:38 am

I had my first brussle sprouts the other day b/c of your blog…and they were delicious! YUM!
Kathy recently posted..no surprises here…

21 Cait's Plate April 3, 2012 at 9:53 am

Yay! Congrats!!! And I don’t think that dinner is boring at all! It looks pretty darn delicious to me!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Breakfast with Bethenny

22 Anne P April 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

Yayyy!!! Can’t wait to see the STD in person – they look cute from what I can see on here! πŸ™‚
Anne P recently posted..A Key Bridge Marriott Wedding

23 Lindsey April 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm

There has got to be better abbreviation for save-the-dates than STD. It totally changes the meaning of the sentence. πŸ™‚

24 Meghann April 3, 2012 at 2:23 pm

haha I agree! That’s why I haven’t used it yet.

25 Erica April 9, 2012 at 6:27 pm

SO exciting! They look cute (from afar ;)). Congrats!
Erica recently posted..SRC: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna