Relaxation

by Meghann on April 1, 2012

Derek and I were spoiled today. We slept in, had beautiful weather, and took advantage of the peace and quiet that is Palm Island. It was just the escape we needed.

The day began after a glorious 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep (even Maddie enjoyed sleeping in later than normal) and an easy breakfast of apple slices, granola, and yogurt.

I sliced a golden delicious apple and paired it with a packet of Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter for dipping. It was basically the organic version of Nutella in a nifty little to-go packet.

On the side was a lemon Chobani and a packet of sample granola from a race expo I got the other weekend.

Breakfast was followed by pool lounging.

Which was followed by blue corn chips and salsa

And a Turkey Cobb salad for lunch.

The salad was an easy grab from the Publix deli counter and was great for just being able to pull out of the fridge to eat. I almost bought ingredients to make a salad for the two of us, but once I added everything up it was just cheaper (and easier!) to grab two salads to go.

While we were eating lunch, Derek’s brother and his family arrived. They’re taking over the beach house after we leave, but we were able to get a few beach hours with them before we had to be on our way back to Tampa.

What do you think? Do they look alike?

Of course, the best part about having Derek’s brother here is getting to spend some play time with baby Marley. She basically makes any activity about 10 times more exciting and fun. That girl LOVED the water. She just wanted to play, play, play.

And when she wasn’t in the water, she was having a good ole time in her tent.

If a full day of fun in the sun doesn’t cause that girl to pass out tonight, then I don’t know what will. πŸ˜‰

Marley had her beachside entertainment and I had mine.

πŸ™‚

We came back in around 3:00 and I reheated some leftover veggies and sweet potato fries as a pre-road snack.

And now comes the sad pat…We’re packing up now and heading back to reality. *sniff*

See ya Palm Island! It’s been fun!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 1, 2012 at 4:33 pm

that beach looks beautiful! I loved the beaches in Charleston, but I have to be honest – sand drives me crazy! Haha I guess I’m just not a beach girl at heart
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..It’s Half Marathon Day!

2 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic April 1, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I wish I spent the weekend at the beach too! I love Justin’s Nut Butters πŸ™‚
Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic recently posted..Restaurant Week at Tangierino

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm

It looks so beautiful!! Glad you had a nice time. I just bought some of that “Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter” … I can’t wait to try it! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Guest Post: So you want to bake your own bread …

4 Caroline April 1, 2012 at 5:58 pm

It’s always a bit sad to leave the beach! I’ve been home from my beach vacation for a week and I still feel a little bit sad. It looks like you had a fantastic time and some great weather for your weekend vacation!

5 Carrie April 1, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Glad you had such a nice time at the beach – looks so beautiful!
Carrie recently posted..Weekly Wrap-up

6 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I love those little individual packets of Justin’s Nut Butters. Perfect for traveling. Looks like a really nice beach. πŸ™‚
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Basic But Never Boring

7 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 1, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Little kids and water = hours of play! Not only is Marley going to sleep well tonight but I’m sure her parents will be equally exhausted after trying to keep up with her all day!

We were at the beach today but it was only 50 degrees here! I’m jealous!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..A Few of My Favorite Things – Spring/Summer Edition

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm

What a short stay?! πŸ™ Sniff sniff is right. But I am glad you all had fun!! Looks beautiful!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Triceps Press

9 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 1, 2012 at 10:13 pm

So jealous of your day at the beach, I am most definitely a beach girl at heart!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Boston Marathon: Taper {16 miler}

10 Karen April 1, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Looks like a blissful beach day. I can’t wait for summer!

11 Emily N April 2, 2012 at 9:00 am

I flipped through that issue myself yesterday (ok, at the grocery store…)
Emily N recently posted..The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes – In review

12 Angela April 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

we always use Nann bread for pizzas when we are looking for something quick and yummy! little bit of spicey bbq, left over chicken, spinach, and some cheese…YUMMY!!
Angela recently posted..New Theme: On Demand

13 Katie April 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I just had a week in Mexico, and your pictures gave me serious post-vacation blues.
Katie recently posted..March Recap

14 Gillian April 3, 2012 at 11:37 am

So jealous of your beach time! The temperature is barely in the 50s in Connecticut this week, and it gets so cold at night! Reading your beach posts was a nice little escape.
Gillian recently posted..I run on Dunkin.