Pita PIzzas

by Meghann on April 1, 2012

Home, sweet home. πŸ™‚

The sun really took it out of me today – I pretty much slept the entire two hour drive home… minus the quick stop for ice cream. πŸ˜‰

Snicker Ice Cream goodness. Yum.

After a day of sun, two hours in the car, and a trip to Publix, it was close to 8:00pm by the time we started thinking about dinner and neither Derek or I felt like cooking anything extravagant.

That’s when these babies came in handy.

The flat breads were BOGO at Publix this week and I had pita pizzas on the mind. Fast. Easy. Tasty. Done.

I topped the pitas with pasta sauce, peppers, mushrooms, turkey, and cheese. They went in the oven at 415 for 8 minutes and came out melty on top and crispy on the bottom.

Clean up was easy too. One baking sheet in the dish washer and we were done for the night.

Derek has already gone to bed (poor guy is as red as a lobster!) and I’m ready to crash as well.

Good Night!

1 Sana April 1, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I love making naan pizza!
Sana recently posted..The 23rd

2 Baking Serendipity April 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm

These are a total go-to simple food in my house. Yours look delicious!
Baking Serendipity recently posted..365: Week Thirteen

3 TanyaS April 2, 2012 at 12:03 am

You always mention deals you get grocery shopping, I’d love to see a post on a trip to the grocery store!

4 Meghann April 2, 2012 at 11:36 am

I’ve done some grocery shopping posts in the past, but I guess I’m due for another one. I’ll see if I can remember next week. πŸ™‚ Also, I like to mention the deals as a heads up for any other Publix shoppers, I always appreciate when other bloggers remind me of deals going on as well. πŸ™‚

5 Alison April 2, 2012 at 12:12 am

Those pita pizzas sound delicious! Nothing better than a quick and easy dinner when you’re tired.
Alison recently posted..Live Long & Party

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 2, 2012 at 6:40 am

A day in the sun always makes me exhausted! I’m glad you had a good time!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..It’s Half Marathon Day!

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 2, 2012 at 6:42 am

I used to eat pizzas using that flatbread literally every night when I was single and didn’t have to worry about cooking for 2! They are so easy and so delicious!! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bipolar eating at its finest.

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 2, 2012 at 7:35 am

Sounds like you had such a nice weekend! I’m jealous you were at the beach. πŸ™‚ I love using flatbread or pitas for pizza. It’s so good!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Weekend Of Wedding…

9 Emily N April 2, 2012 at 7:57 am

Mmm… Pita pizza. One of the best since it is so easy to do!
Emily N recently posted..The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes – In review

10 Adhriene April 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

I am really dying to eat pizza! This is one of my favorites and I think this really makes me crave for it…Might make one tomorrow…

11 Sloane @ My Life in Florida April 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

I thought about getting the flat beard since they were on sale but didn’t know what I would do with 2 packs of them and didn’t want them to go to waste! This is a great idea!
Sloane @ My Life in Florida recently posted..Seafood Fest

12 Meghann April 2, 2012 at 11:38 am

I put one package in the freezer to save for later because I knew we wouldn’t eat up both packages before they went bad. I’m a fan of freezing bread when it’s BOGO πŸ™‚

13 Cait's Plate April 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

You’ve really got me craving ice cream these last couple of days!!

And pita pizzas are the best. I love using pitas and naan to make quick pizzas. Perfect size and completely filling!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Here Too Soon

14 Carrie April 2, 2012 at 10:52 am

Pita pizzas are awesome! So easy and so good!
Carrie recently posted..Weekly Wrap-up

15 Laura April 27, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I would love to eat pizza..The ice cream love it..Thanks for sharing..
Laura recently posted..What are teeth implants?