Special Delivery

by Meghann on March 27, 2012

Look what came in the mail today!

It’s getting closer! eeekkkk!!

For those of you who have been asking how my sister’s wedding planning is going… you’ll be happy to hear that I spoke with her today and for the first time in a very long time she said she feels very relaxed about it all. The big ball of stress labeled ‘wedding planning’ that had been on her back for a few months is gone and she finally feels like she can breathe again. Most things have either been officially booked, paid for, or some sort of vision has put in place to execute it. Now comes the fun part – watching the RSVPs roll in and being excited for the big day!

I’m looking forward to being at that stage of the planning process, but for now I’m still having fun figuring out the little details. Plus, it’s nice to have two sisters (counting Ashley!) who have gone through – or are currently going through – the process to bounce ideas off of. They are life savers. πŸ™‚

I spent the afternoon working in Starbucks. They were training a new barista while I was there, which meant free ‘training’ drinks were randomly called out as they taught him how to make this drink or that. I managed to score a free cappuccino (sweet!) in the process, which on top of the grande ice coffee I was already enjoying meant I had a nice caffeine buzz to push me through the afternoon drag.

Some homemade trail mix (dried fruit, almonds, and peanuts) also fueled me through.

Dinner was rather colorful tonight.

Bright green roasted brussels sprouts.

Vibrant orange mashed sweet potatoes

And a tan quinoa salad with raisins, chickpeas, and almonds.

I ate the quinoa salad plain, but Derek smothered it with bbq sauce when he came home and I tried a bite of his too – should have gone with the bbq sauce. Noted. πŸ˜‰

I topped the last mango cupcake (I froze the rest! πŸ˜‰ ) with some moose tracks ice cream for dessert.

Best of both worlds, right?

Derek’s mom handed over the addresses for their side of the family yesterday and I spent the majority of tonight doing data entry (they were all hand written). The good news is that they’re all in now and any address updating down the road will be easy thanks to google docs. Woo hoo.

What did we do before excel? I think excel is how I stay sane. πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Sana March 27, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Wait? You and Kelly don’t have the same last name???
Sana recently posted..Minty Greek Yogurt Dip

2 Stacie D. March 27, 2012 at 11:38 pm

It’s probably her middle name.

3 Kelly March 28, 2012 at 5:43 am

Christin is my middle name. It’s actually just a mistake that I didn’t put my last name on the invites. With some things in wedding planning I’ve learned to just breathe and move on!

4 Kristy March 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Its not a mistake at all.

Unless you had a different last name than your parents, it is implicit that you share their last name, so that is proper etiquette.
I worked in an invitation store for years.

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm

oh my gosh, your dessert looks so good!!! I love moose tracks and mango so it’s a win win!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..It’s Getting Dystopic Over Here…

6 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 27, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I do believe I need to find out when they are training baristas at my local Starbucks!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Cappucino Toppers and Walmart Gift Card Giveaway

7 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 27, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Now I’m totally craving cupcakes and desserts! Your sister must be so happy to have the stressful parts over with.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back Into the Groove

8 Niki March 27, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Those invitations are really pretty! I still have to find the ones I like! I don’t think I’ll ever be relaxed in the process even though my date is in may 2013 πŸ™‚
Niki recently posted..Out to lunch

9 Meghann March 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

check out weddingpaperdivas.com – that’s where my sister ordered hers from πŸ™‚

10 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 27, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I can’t survive without Excel. Thank goodness for technology πŸ˜‰

Cannot wait to read more about Kelly’s wedding — so close!
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Pistachio Birthday Cake

11 Laura March 28, 2012 at 2:27 am

Do all the guests from Anthony’s side of the family get the same invitations? Or are there different ones “addressed” from his parents?

12 NJ March 28, 2012 at 9:21 am

Generally speaking, invitations list the host of the event (which, in this case would be Kelly’s parents, judging by the text). So, everyone would get the same invite to the party that her parents are hosting.

13 Meghann March 28, 2012 at 9:25 am

Thanks NJ. That is correct. πŸ™‚

14 Haleigh March 28, 2012 at 4:50 am

My husband puts BBQ sauce on everything πŸ™‚

15 Beka March 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

So does my boyfriend! He goes through a bottle a month!
Beka recently posted..LONG Weekend Wrap Up!

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 28, 2012 at 6:51 am

Excel is definitely a HUGE help. And here’s a little tip … hang on to the Excel spreadsheet of addresses from your wedding, because you can use it when sending out Christmas cards! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Two Recipes, One Great Slow Cooker.

17 Meghann March 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

Already thought of that πŸ˜‰

18 Hillary March 28, 2012 at 7:05 am

I love Kelly’s invites! Super clean and colorful.
Hillary recently posted..The Second Half: Final Thoughts

19 Emily N March 28, 2012 at 7:44 am

Oh my gosh… My entire wedding was planned in excel. I have no idea how my mom planned hers!
Emily N recently posted..Tuesday Morning

20 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 28, 2012 at 7:54 am

Beautiful invites! I’m sure it will be a beautiful wedding!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Wedding Centerpieces…

21 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups March 28, 2012 at 8:23 am

Love her invitations! You two are so ahead of the game. I’m getting married this December and haven’t started reaching out for addresses at all yet. Eeek!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Sporting

22 Meghann March 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’ve just started because we’re doing save-the-dates, if we weren’t I probably would have procrastinated πŸ™‚

23 Laurin March 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

YAY! The invites look fantastic! My FIL created an excel spreadsheet for our wedding that was a lifesaver. From number of guests to plated dinners to how many people were staying at what hotel… Love excel!
Laurin recently posted..Pregnant and I Know It

24 Cait's Plate March 28, 2012 at 9:50 am

The invites are beautiful!

And that moose tracks ice cream is AWESOME. I love it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Breakfast through Dinner

25 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 28, 2012 at 9:52 am

I think Excel keeps us all sane and google share docs makes life so much easier.

I love the invites and I’m glad to hear the Kelly has is less stressed out and enjoying the planning process πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..WIAW {03-28-2012}

26 allpointswhole March 28, 2012 at 9:52 am

That’s awesome!! Glad she is feeling relaxed!

27 Heather March 28, 2012 at 10:08 am

aaahh I am so excited for her! I loved getting all the RSVP’s in the mail!
Heather recently posted..Running in Disney World: Boardwalk Area

28 Dusty @ Running to Healthy March 28, 2012 at 11:06 am

The invites are really pretty.
Dusty @ Running to Healthy recently posted..Things are Changing

29 deva at deva by definition March 28, 2012 at 12:29 pm

The invites are lovely! We are in the process of compiling our guest list, picking a venue, and wedding dress shopping. While I love Excel, I have a hand-written copy of our guest list in my giant wedding binder (a gift from my maid of honor), because I need to write things down. This way, if I’m ever away from my computer (or on a browser that doesn’t support google docs), I have the list handy for reference. And the checkboxes are very fun, too!
deva at deva by definition recently posted..Playing Catch-Up

30 Kate March 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I got an upgrade to a bigger drink size at sbux the other day. They must be feeling really generous these days.
Kate recently posted..WIAW- 3/28

31 Shannon March 28, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I love free stuff…sometimes something as simple as a free starbucks day can totally turn your day and outlook around!
Shannon recently posted..Unpolished

32 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm

She sent her invites out early! I’m getting married on July 14 and I wasn’t planning on sending mine out until May 14 (ish), with a June 23 RSVP cut off. Now I’m getting nervous that that’s not enough time!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..My Relationship with Running

33 Britt April 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I miss Kelly’s blog ! Her rsvp’s are super cute I like how they’re simple but still pretty. I can’t believe it’s so son!! Maybe she could do a guest post about her wedding fitness routne/ goals? I know she’s super busy though!