Peanut Butter Syrup

by Meghann on March 25, 2012

Happy Sunday!!!

And what a BEAUTIFUL Sunday it is! Clear skies, lots of sunshines, and temps that aren’t unbearable – sweet! I plan to get outside and take full advantage of the great weather later, but first I had to take advantage of sleeping in and enjoying breakfast with two of my favorites.

The past couple of weeks have been kinda crazy. Between back-to-back trips to Austin and Atlanta, wedding planning, planning for the Healthy Living Summit, and marathon training, I feel like I’ve been going nonstop. This morning was the first morning I’ve been able to sleep-in in I don’t know how long and I tried to enjoy every minute of it that I could.

Derek and I tag teamed pancakes for breakfast. I made the batter (using this recipe) and he was in charge of pouring and flipping.

(The chocolate chips and walnuts were my ideas 😉 )

Derek is a master pancake flipper.

Short stack – ready to go.

I had three pancakes topped with fresh mango, strawberries, and a PB2 ‘sauce’ which was really just thinned PB2.

I really love thinning PB2 with extra milk and using it as a ‘sauce’ over pancakes and fresh fruit. Just think of it as peanut butter syrup. 😉

The addition of the walnuts gave the pancakes a nice nutty crunch and also gave them some filling power. These babies filled me right up.

Alright, now it’s time to enjoy that beautiful sunshine outside.

Have a great Sunday!

1 Kathy March 25, 2012 at 11:41 am

YUM!

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 25, 2012 at 11:44 am

I LOVE making PB2 sauce, I put it on everything! Have a great sunday!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Things I’m Loving

3 genna March 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

I totally understand a crazy life!! I cancelled all my plans for this weekend and just relaxed, it was amazing! Which marathon are you training for? good luck

4 Jennifer March 25, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Those are restaurant-worthy pancakes. I settled with my oatmeal for today but I agree – even with Boston’s cloudy skies it’s a great Sunday 🙂
Jennifer recently posted..NEXT UP: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

5 Jordan@almondjay March 25, 2012 at 12:35 pm

im totally trying this PB2 “sauce” on my parsnip fries for lunch!
Jordan@almondjay recently posted..Kinda like a day back in college

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 25, 2012 at 1:40 pm

You and Courtney (Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life) both are making me so hungry for pancakes!! These look awesome!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..You put WHAT in my food?!

7 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Those pancakes look so fluffy and perfect!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..This Week…

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

YUM! All these mango recipes are really making me crave a mango…I should buy one. They’re one of my favorites! 😉
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..If You Don’t Love it…

9 Coco March 25, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Oh yum! Those pancakes look amazing- and I love that you ate them in a bowl- that is totally something I would do! I pretty much eat everything out of a bowl.. and with all that PB sauce- you wouldn’t want to waste a drop! I have to say that I’ve never had mango and peanut butter together- I think you have a good thing going with that!
Coco recently posted..Livefit Phase 3 COMPLETE! + Review and Photos

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 25, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I love walnuts too. Any kind of nut adds some crunch to pancakes–yummY!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Bring On The Sunflower

11 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I love using PB2 “sauce” on everything! I go through jars of that wayyyy too fast. Enjoy your Sunday! 🙂

12 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 25, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Looks like a great Sunday breakfast!!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Visit with the Mom’s

13 Serena March 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm

dang now I want pancakes
Serena recently posted..Long Run and Weekly Recap

14 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Yummmmmm!
My latest obsession has been to combine peanut butter, mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla as a pancake/waffle/toast/french toast/cereal syrup!
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Picnic lunch, picnic dinner.

15 corey @ learning patience March 25, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Nothing says “Have a beautiful Sunday” like 60 degrees and snowboarding in Steamboat Colorado!!!

Happy Sunday to you too!

xoxo from Steamboat
corey @ learning patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Week 36 from Steamboat Colorado

16 Emily March 26, 2012 at 8:27 am

Yummy! Sunday pancakes are awesome!
Emily recently posted..FedEx Delivers