Pellet Guns Hurt

by Meghann on March 17, 2012

Say hello to my little friend.

Pellet guns hurt. Noted.

We made it to Georgia!

We’re staying just north of Atlanta for the night with Derek’s cousin and her family. She has an adorable two year old named Aryn and a full-of-life eight year old named Aiden. Do you know how much energy a two year old and an eight year old have? A. Lot. It’s been a fun day, but definitely an exhausting one!

We made it to Sarah’s house just in time for lunch. She had a great sandwich spread waiting for us when we walked in the door.

I made a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with tomato, lettuce, and a peppercorn mustard on a whole wheat sub roll and a serving of chips and a pickle on the side.

Derek didn’t last long. He was out like a light almost as soon as we got there and slept right up until dinner!

Such a party pooper! He missed all the fun!

We colored with Aryn

Shot pellet guns with Aiden

Tried Mary Jane candies for the fist time

Molasses and peanut butter? How have I never had these before? Yum.

And played dominoes.

I also had an apple at one point.

Sarah made an INCREDIBLE Irish feast in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.

Seriously. Everything was amazing. My favorite was the honey mustard potato salad (she said it was a Kroger recipe). I went back for seconds on the salad and had another roll.

Aryn ate it all. Her favorites? The coleslaw and corned beef. That girl could eat.

Sarah made a St. Patty’s themed watergate salad for dessert.

I’d never had a watergate salad before. It was pretty good. Mainly cool whip, pineapple, pecans, and marshmallows. Yum.

I can barely keep my eyes open and these kids are still going. I need to find a way to tap into their energy reserves, stat!

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats March 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I’ve never heard of watergate salad, but hopefully the sugar will give you the energy to keep up with those kids! Have fun!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..First Time for Everything

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I can’t believe you like Mary Janes! Those were the candies that we’d be so pissed about getting at Halloween as kids. They immediately got thrown out once we got home. haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Spicy pina-rita

3 Jamie@everydaydolce.com March 17, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I haven’t had watergate salad in years! I remember really liking it though, but it’s not something I’d voluntarily make on my own. Glad you had a good St. Patty’s Day!
Jamie@everydaydolce.com recently posted..Rain, Rain.

4 maria @ so she ran March 18, 2012 at 12:10 am

I LOVE Mary Janes. One of my aunts who passed away used to love them, too, and they always remind me of her now.
maria @ so she ran recently posted..Thank God for rest days

5 Krissy March 18, 2012 at 4:00 am

I missed the memo- what are you doing in Georgia?? I live north of Atlanta….girl you should have signed up for the GA Marathon this morning….I’m headed there soon….my first full! Have a good trip!

6 Meghann March 18, 2012 at 8:38 am

I’m here visiting Derek’s family. We’re going to see his Grandfather today. Good luck at the marathon! If we were closer to the route, I would have loved to have popped out and cheered everyone on.

7 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 18, 2012 at 6:38 am

Welcomd to my world! My twins are under 2 and still go nonstop the moment their eyes open in the a.m. till when they close in the p.m. They keep me young!

Ick! Mary Janes?
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Annie’s Organic Rising Crust Pizza Giveaway!

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 18, 2012 at 8:37 am

I’ve never had a watergate salad (or shot a pellet gun…), sounds like you’re having fun!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..The Rocking Horse

9 Life's a Bowl March 18, 2012 at 9:03 am

Haha I totes wanna try shooting a pellet gun and Mary Janes now- two things I’ve never done/ had! I’m not too sure about the watergate salad- it reminds me of something my high school boyfriend’s family made, Cherry-Coke Salad… I don’t remember the exact recipe but I remember it included Coke + maraschino cherries + jello…
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Spent Saturday Shopping 3.17.12

10 allpointswhole March 18, 2012 at 9:25 am

How fun of you to play with them like that!!

11 Brittany March 18, 2012 at 10:24 am

You’ve never had Mary Jane’s or Watergate Salad?!? So glad you were able to experience both this weekend. 🙂

Watergate salad is a dish that mom used to make all the time and I love it. I rarely make it anymore but when I do I always enjoy it. So good.
Brittany recently posted..Raw Broccoli Raisin Salad

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I’ve never even heard of Mary Jane’s or Watergate Salad. I’ve had things that sound similar to Watergate Salad, but I guess maybe we just called it something different?!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I woke up with a headache…

13 Anne Weber-Falk March 18, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Oh, we would get Mary Janes in our Halloween bags. Nobody else liked them but I loved them. Yum!

14 Emily March 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I also have never heard of watergate salad. Huh. I guess I need to tap into my Irish-ness?
Emily recently posted..Heart Mini Half Marathon – Race Recap