Bad Fur-Mom

by Meghann on March 16, 2012

It’s FFFrrriiidddaayyyy!!!

Did I mention Derek and I are leaving for Atlanta tomorrow? We’re heading north to visit his grandfather and for some reason it didn’t hit me until this morning that we needed to make arrangements for Maddie. Whoops.

I called the doggie camp to make a reservation for her and they informed me that one of her shots had expired. Double whoops.

Luckily the vet was able to squeeze us in for a last minute appointment and I’m proud to say that Maddie is now officially up to date on all her shots. Since we’re leaving early, I went ahead and dropped Maddie off at camp this afternoon. I’ve already spied on her twice via the camp’s webcam and leave it to my dog to have already found her spot on every camp counselor’s lap. At least she’s making friends. πŸ™‚

Before she left, Maddie and I shared some pretzel sticks dipped in hummus.

Derek requested pizza for dinner. He was having a tough day at work today, so I made tonight’s pizza extra special with extra cheese and lots of sausage.

IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0687.JPG

The crust was actually purchased a month or two ago when the Publix pizza dough was BOGO. I made calzones with one dough and froze the other. I pulled the dough out of the freezer to defrost in the fridge all day, then left it on the counter about an hour before I was ready to bake it to allow it to rise to room temperature. The crust was perfect. Once it was fully defrosted, I wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference between my defrosted pizza dough or a fresh one bought from Publix today.

I surrounded my slices of pizza with green.

A mini spinach salad topped with walnuts, raisins, and balsamic dressing.

Steamed asparagus

And, of course, the pizza. πŸ™‚

Tag Alongs for dessert (they look funny because they were frozen)

I’m currently sitting on my couch watching Footloose (the new one – it’s just ok) and it feels good. πŸ™‚

We have an EARLY wake-up call in the morning. I better enjoy this Friday night while I can.

Good Night!

1 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete March 16, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Have fun in ATL! We will miss you tomorrow at the race!
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..Let’s Take a Vote – St. Patty’s Day Race Outfits!

2 Meghann March 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I’ll miss being there! Good luck! Run fast for me! πŸ™‚

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 16, 2012 at 10:01 pm

i loved the new footloose!! of course the first one is better, but i was pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed the new one. we’re having a lazy night in tonight too… ides of march is going into the dvd player in a minute!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s The Little Things

4 Margaret March 16, 2012 at 10:25 pm

You need to go to the Varsity and get a frosted orange! It’s what any traveler to the ATL should do! If you are in the mood for a really good pizza/Italian food place a new one just opened up called “Double Zero” in Sandy Springs. Also check out “Piece of Cake” bakery- amazing! Both of these places are on Roswell Road. If you need a good workout after that there is this place called Blast 900. Look into it- you will sweat! Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, I just love my hometown!

5 Meghann March 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Thank you!! I’m not exactly sure what our plans are for this weekend, but I’ll keep all of this in mind. πŸ™‚

6 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 16, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Have a safe trip!! Pizza look delicious!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Guinness Brownies with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting

7 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 16, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Yea…the original footloose is much much better! But the music is of course still fun in the remake! The bus scene however is just bizarre…
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Open-faced Mediterranean Sandwich

8 Meghann March 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Yes – the bus scene was bizarre! But I did enjoy how they used all the same music… and the same dance scenes for that matter. Hell, most the wardrobe was the same too!

9 maria @ so she ran March 16, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Ah. Now I’m craving pizza.
maria @ so she ran recently posted..Thank God for rest days

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 16, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Ahhh that pizza looks so good! Is that two kinds of sausage?! What a good fiancee you are!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Past The Candy Cane Forest

11 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:13 pm

There’s only one. The rest are carrots πŸ™‚

12 Jessica March 16, 2012 at 10:46 pm

No publix marathon for you?? Come visit big peach running company! As your blog follower for a little over a year I have been so inspired by your running accomplishments!

13 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:24 pm

If I would have put two and two together, I totally would have signed up to run the half. πŸ™‚ I’m not sure what our plans are through the weekend, but I’ll be sure to bring up the Big Peach Running Company. Are you running the race this weekend? If so, Good Luck! πŸ™‚

14 Emily March 16, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Are there carrots on the pizza? Or another kind of sausage? It looks tasty regardless.
Emily recently posted..What I learned on my summer vacation

15 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Yes, those are carrots πŸ™‚

16 Christine @ BookishlyB March 16, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I love that you can watch her. Is it 24 hours a day? I’ve never had to board my dogs because of our in-laws, but you never know. It scares me, but it’s great they let you peek in.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Why ‘Fifty Shades of Gray’ is a Bad Idea*

17 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Yes, it’s 24 hrs a day, but they only stream the play areas so I can only watch her when they have play time.

18 Caroline March 17, 2012 at 12:51 am

That pizza looks delicious. I don’t really ever make pizza, but this looks great!
Caroline recently posted..Healthy Snack: Sweet & Salty Roasted Chickpeas

19 Michelle March 17, 2012 at 2:46 am

I feel like I’ve been a bad fur-mom this weekend too. We were at a wedding all evening, and I’ll be gone the entire day tomorrow! Which means more time in the crate for Oliver. πŸ™

20 Coco March 17, 2012 at 7:29 am

My dogs both need shots- and I’ve been slackin off.. thanks for reminding me! Have a safe trip πŸ™‚
Coco recently posted..Ramblings+ Handstand Push ups + Factoid Friday

21 Sara @my less serious life March 17, 2012 at 7:31 am

great to know that you can freeze that dough. i only shop at publix sometimes – but have to make a special trip there if i want to make pizza. next time, i’ll buy 2!

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 17, 2012 at 7:54 am

Hey if you go running in Atlanta, feel free to share your running route haha! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Where’s all the Fro-Yo?

23 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 17, 2012 at 8:26 am

Pretzel sticks and hummus is an amazing snack, have fun in Atlanta!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..I’m Back

24 Life's a Bowl March 17, 2012 at 8:46 am

We made calzones earlier this week and I froze the extra dough- glad to know it’s still tasty!

Have a great time in the A-T-L πŸ˜€
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Forgetful Friday 3.16.12

25 Life's a Bowl March 17, 2012 at 8:47 am

P.S. We took our puppy to the PetSmart PetsHotel when we went to NYC… The facilities were wonderful and the staff was super nice! He dined on fro-yo treats in the afternoon, got a a PB filled toy, playtime, and got groomed… IDK if you have one near you but if you do you should check it out!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Forgetful Friday 3.16.12

26 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’ve looked into the PetsHotel at PetSmart before, but they don’t offer that service at any of the PetSmarts in our area. I’ve always heard great things about their program though. πŸ™‚

27 Lee March 17, 2012 at 8:53 am

A bunch of us are running the GA half-marathon tomorrow. Come cheer us on if you’re staying near the race route!
Lee recently posted..If You Had to Choose

28 Meghann March 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I didn’t even realize the marathon/half marathon was this weekend until last night! If we’re close to the route, I’ll be sure to come out and say Hi! But as of right now I’m not sure where we’re staying and I don’t have my own car. πŸ™ GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!!! If I would have thought ahead I would have signed up too. πŸ˜‰

29 Serena March 17, 2012 at 10:25 am

That Pizza is making me hungry!
Serena recently posted..St. Paddy’s Day

30 Shannon March 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

That is an amazing looking pizza!! Just made me hungry!
Shannon recently posted..An Acute Case of Senioritis

31 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana March 17, 2012 at 3:44 pm

We love homemade pizza too! We use the Trader Joe’s whole wheat dough…thanks for the top on freezing the dough! Now I’ll just have them stored in the freezer for whenever we need them :). Have a great trip to Atlanta!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day Treats

32 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 17, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Mmm I love tag alongs! ANd pizza! (Though I’d take mine without the sausage and with lactose-free cheese). haha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Irish Soda Bread