Getting Motivated

by Meghann on March 14, 2012

Good morning!

I’m having trouble rebounding from my trip this week. Usually I return home from being away, ready to jump back into my workouts and old routine. This time? Not so much.

Despite going to bed early last night, the snooze button was still my best friend this morning. I kept pressing it until Derek’s alarm went off (he usually wakes up 30 minutes after I do) and realized 30 minutes had flown by. I dragged myself out of bed, got my stuff together, and went out the door.

I ran my favorite 5 mile loop around my neighborhood, but I could feel my body dragging. My legs were tight from all the walking I did in Austin that was subsequently followed by being stuck in a car for 22 hours. It as nice to get out there and stretch my legs out – just note I wasn’t breaking any records. 😉

We have very limited food in the house right now, but I did track down enough stuff for breakfast thanks to having enough cereal to feed an amy, Derek’s distaste for plain yogurt (no need to worry about him eating it), and an orange that was a stowaway from Texas.

Perfect.

In the bowl:

• Plain Chobani
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Life
  • Walnuts
  • Orange
  • Strawberries

Now I just need to get extra creative with lunch and make it to the store before dinner. 😉

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

My legs are always so tight after traveling! I did a very hilly 12 mile run Saturday (followed by dancing at a wedding) and then sat on two plane rides Sunday! Let’s just say my Monday morning 3 miles were slow and steady…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Wedding Weekend–Part 2

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 14, 2012 at 9:56 am

I totally feel you on the lack of motivation! I’ve had a hard time just waking up in the morning. My workouts were fine until my ankle felt funny so I’m taking a few days off but I guess the lack of workout is making it harder?
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

3 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 14, 2012 at 10:16 am

That’s the good thing about being a cereal hoarder… there’s always SOMETHING to eat for breakfast!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Recent Eats & Favorite Posts

4 Cait's Plate March 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Oooh I love the orange/strawberries combo! That’s a great idea!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Childhood Classic

5 Joss March 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

You may need a full week of complete good nights sleeps to get your body and motivation back to normal 🙂

6 Megan @ Life as Megan Knows it March 14, 2012 at 10:54 am

When I moved I through out a bunch of cereal boxes.. Now I only have one box in my new apartment and everytime I go to the store I have to stop myself from buying another.
Megan @ Life as Megan Knows it recently posted..Failure

7 Faith @ For the Health of It March 14, 2012 at 10:58 am

I love your bowl! I have a weird thing for the milk glass style with the bumpy white vases/bowls/etc.

8 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

dental surgery yesterday=zero motivation today.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Running Naked Into Richard Simmons

9 Amanda - RunToTheFinish March 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm

i have started keeping a few things in the freezer so when i get back from travels there is something to be found 🙂
Amanda – RunToTheFinish recently posted..Thank You (Oakley and ellasport) Giveaway

10 Emily March 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Way to avoid the grocery store for another meal! I did the same today, making do with a few things I could find, plus some things in the communal fridge at work!
Emily recently posted..A few homemade meals – YES!!!

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Isn’t it amazing how much better your legs feel after getting out there for a couple of miles?

Your breakfast looks so fresh! I can’t wait for berry season 🙂
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..WIAW {03-14-2012}