more ยป" />

evol = love

by Meghann on March 14, 2012

I tried a new frozen pizza for lunch today.

I bought the evol. Chicken, Spinach & Ricotta Pizza when they were on sale at Whole Foods the other week. I’m always on the lookout for a good frozen pizza and the ingredient list wasn’t bad – I recognized and could pronounce all of them – a good sign.

This afternoon is exactly why I buy random frozen pizzas – our fridge was empty and I was borderline hangry trying to figure out what to eat after waiting too long to start lunch. I saw the pizza. Threw it in the oven. Done.

The personal-sized pie was the perfect size for one. I did burn the crust a tad, but it was still pretty good. I loved the chicken and spinach, but a little more cheese wouldn’t have hurt. ๐Ÿ˜‰

After lunch I had to jet it across town to do something I hadn’t done since last June – I got my hair cut.

475090_10101643886579963_5207154_75210725_1554614242_o.jpg

Before I got engaged I was growing my hair out to donate it to Pantene Pro-V’s Beautiful Lengths program. The plan was to grow enough to donate 10 inches, then cut it to a nice bob. Right when it was getting to the point of no return, Derek put a ring on it. Suddenly the big question became whether I was still going to donate it or keep it long for the wedding.

The good news is that I still plan to donate it, I’m just delaying it for a year. My new plan is to keep the length where it’s at and chop it all off January 6th, 2013. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Until then, I plan to take care of it a little more with, you know, regular hair cuts and all that jazz. I finally found a hair stylists I LOVE in Tampa and plan to stick with her for the long run. She gave me a nice trim this afternoon and added some layers in to lighten my hair up a bit – it already feels lighter and fresher if that even makes any sense. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I went from the hair salon to the coffee shop next door and had a Chewy Bar with my unsweetened green ice tea.

I stopped at Publix for a much needed grocery run on my way home and had a pear to hold me over until dinner.

Dinner was typical Meghann fare.

The veggies (brussels sprouts, carrots, and red potatoes) were roasted with salt, pepper, and oregano and filled more than half my plate.

And last night’s leftover cornbread was covered in ‘Sloppy Chickpeas’ which was basically a can of chickpeas cooked with onions and carrots, then doused in a homemade sloppy sauce of bbq sauce, ketchup, and mustard.

Yummy.

I’ve been holding on to these babies for far too long.

They look funny because they’ve been in the freezer (am I the only one who believes Girl Scout cookies taste better when frozen?!)

๐Ÿ™‚

My little brother’s wedding photos are up!

Screen shot 2012-03-14 at 10.57.44 PM.png

Did you try to press play?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry – didn’t mean to fool ya. I can’t figure out how to embed it, so just click here to see it.

I already have a favorite.

416782_10150618463393292_43701313291_9298568_742473539_n.jpeg

I love Derek’s ‘Superman’ pose. Classic.

Another favorite.

419260_10150618464253292_43701313291_9298577_53994293_n.jpeg

Doesn’t Ashley look gorgeous?!

Last one.

426367_10150618464073292_1123789464_n.jpeg

๐Ÿ™‚

All photos courtesy of Cannonfire Photography.

1 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 14, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Your hair looks gorg! I hate how I can never get my hair to blow out all fabulous when I try to do it on my own. No hair talent over here.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..My First WIAW

2 maria @ so she ran March 15, 2012 at 12:32 am

The wedding photos look great.

I really love your hair long. I think it suits your face so well. But I understand the appeal of longer hair–it’s a constant battle in my mind. I like the way my hair looks long, but hate taking care of it.
maria @ so she ran recently posted..Trial and error speed training

3 MrsSwan March 15, 2012 at 12:54 am

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!! Your right she is beautiful in that picture!
MrsSwan recently posted..C25K day 1 – Completed

4 Sara@RunningInPinkProject March 15, 2012 at 6:37 am

Im so stressed out about finding a hair stylist in Tampa. Ive been going to Caleb here in VA for 5 years and I told him Tuesday I might just have to fly home to get my hair done every 2 months. ๐Ÿ˜€ Also, random thing about me-when I was in TN I had a guy doing my hair and then when I was growing up in high school and all of the way through college a guy named Marc in a salon back home did my hair. Ive never had a female stylist and its just a random coincidence. But, now I feel like I only want to go to a male!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..The Tale of an Epic Salad and a Failed Run

5 Cindy @ Once Upon a Loaf March 15, 2012 at 6:59 am

Love this post for so many reasons! Your pizza, dinner and HAIR look amazing. So do the wedding photos and you in them. Will your wedding party do a few running shots during your pics? My bff got (re) married last summer and we all had to sprint over grass in 85-degree heat for several shots which about killed me!
Cindy @ Once Upon a Loaf recently posted..A tradition-starter: Sweet Potato Fridge Rolls

6 Katie March 15, 2012 at 7:07 am

Way to go on donating your hair! I’ve donated to Beautiful Lengths once before and am in the process of donating again (grow faster please hair!)
Katie recently posted..Daylight, Save me!

7 Hillary March 15, 2012 at 7:18 am

I LOVE the color of those bridesmaid’s dresses. Good call, Ashley!
Hillary recently posted..Recovery

8 Sara @my less serious life March 15, 2012 at 7:40 am

my boyfriend always tells me i am eating kid food when i eat a quaker chewy granola bar. but i love them!

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 15, 2012 at 7:46 am

Your hair looks beautiful!! I wish my hair looked like that! ๐Ÿ™‚ The wedding pictures are stunning!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My A to Z Surveyโ€ฆ

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 15, 2012 at 7:49 am

Love all of the wedding pictures!! Pretty soon those are going to be YOUR pictures! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW: The night dinner was thrown out.

11 Emily March 15, 2012 at 8:13 am

now that you have a great blowout, do you wait a day or two before washing? that is what i do! ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily recently posted..A few homemade meals – YES!!!

12 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

Yes! Gotta make this sucker last.

13 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 15, 2012 at 8:45 am

I’m jealous of your long hair! I chopped mine off (bob length) about a year and a half ago, it’s taken so long to grow back!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Almost Thursday

14 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 15, 2012 at 9:05 am

I love when people donate their hair. It takes some commitment to grow that out that I don’t have. Do you have enough hair to donate now? Or does it still need to be longer?
I agree though, I’d keep it long for the wedding too. Then, new husband, new haircut! ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

Technically I have enough hair to donate now. At least I did before I had it trimmed yesterday. But yes! – new husband, new haircut. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Sarah @BlondeBostonian March 15, 2012 at 9:33 am

So beautiful!!
Sarah @BlondeBostonian recently posted..Cutting Myself Some Slack

17 Cait's Plate March 15, 2012 at 9:47 am

That pizza looks awesome! I’m seeing evol a lot more now and I’m really curious to pick up some of their products to try!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Childhood Classic

18 Beka March 15, 2012 at 10:33 am

I LOVE frozen tagalongs! That is the only way I have liked to eat them since I was a kid.
Totally understand the hair thing. I am ‘working’ on growing mine out too, but I keep chopping it off right as it gets past my shoulders. I had a great hair stylist in Riverview, but then she quit and went back to school! Care to share who your new hairstylist love is in Tampa?

19 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 10:44 am

Stephanie at the Aveda Level Salon in Hyde Park – she was recommended by a friend and is amazing. If you go, tell them I sent you ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Kelley March 15, 2012 at 10:51 am

Your hair looks awesome- definitely keep your stylist!

21 Samantha March 15, 2012 at 11:02 am

Your hair looks amazing! And the pictures from Ashley and Ben’s wedding are beautiful…do you know what song is playing in the slideshow?
Samantha recently posted..Confession Time, Part II

22 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 12:33 pm

It’s “Happy” Secrets in Stereo ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Elissa March 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Your hair looks beautiful! I’m doing the exact same thing with my hair, growing it out to donate it. The last couple of inches always seem to take forever to grow. Did you know that it takes 6 – 8 ponytails to make one wig?? So crazy. They will appreciate your donation very much.

Oh and Thin Mints are definitely better frozen. Crushed on top of vanilla ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Laura March 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

wow that picture of ashley is absolutely stunning! she is truly a beautiful, glowing bride!

25 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. March 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Frozen GS cookies are the BEST! I’m finishing up the last of my 2011 stash before this year’s get delivered in a couple weeks.
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..the power of water.

26 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 15, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’ve seen that pizza (and flatbreads) at WF and have been wondering about them. Good to know they taste as good as the packaging looks. I love the design of the box and I’m a sucker for a ricotta/spinach combo.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..Southern Barbecue for Non-Southerns

27 Michelle March 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Pantene Pro-Vโ€™s Beautiful Lengths only require 8 inches, so you may of been in the clear.

28 Joss March 16, 2012 at 7:07 am

Love your new hair cut ๐Ÿ™‚
Joss recently posted..Blur of a Week

29 Ali @SeeAliEatSeeAliRun March 16, 2012 at 7:17 pm

You need to try the Evol burritos!
Ali @SeeAliEatSeeAliRun recently posted..Voodoo Magic