Lululemon Grand Opening

by Meghann on March 1, 2012

Guess what’s opening in South Tampa tomorrow morning at 10:00am?!

A Lululemon store!! Woo hoo!

We’ve had a Lululemon Showroom here for well over a year now, but an actual storefront means a wider range of products, as well as better hours (the store will be open 7 days a week while the showroom was only open for 3). Sweet!

To celebrate their grand opening, the Lululemon gang hosted a roarin’ 20s themed party for friends and family.

They had music.

They had drinks.

They had food.

IMG_9894.JPG IMG_9895.JPG IMG_9900.JPG

They had yoga.

What was missing? Actual Lululemon gear for sell! Boo. I came out tonight totally ready to splurge at the new store. I’m not going to pretend that I wasn’t a teensy bit disappointed when we were led away from the store, to a private space where the party was set up. Le sigh. I guess I’ll just have to come back this weekend to actually check it out inside. Dratz. πŸ˜‰ Rumor has it there’s a free 9:00am yoga class in-store on Saturday. Maybe I’ll just have to check it out then.

Many thanks to Dee for the invite tonight.

IMG_9922.jpg

Don’t you LOVE her feather hat?! Adorable!

And thanks to Mary for being my hot date.

I was told there would be ‘light appetizers’ at the party, so I snacked up before hand with a bag of popcorn topped with peanuts (awesome combo by the way)

And a piece of toast with strawberries and walnuts.

I snacked at the party and had the urge to keep snacking when I got home. Even though I was full, I never felt satisfied. I think my mind needs a real meal to be fully satisfied – snacking through meals just doesn’t cut it. I’ll snack, feel full, and still want a full meal before I feel satisfied. Nothing much I can do about it tonight, but just something I need to remember in the future.

Anyways…time to crash.

Good Night!

1 Sana March 1, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I have been stalking the lulu website, I am ready to spend some $$.
Sana recently posted..Greek Yogurt Dip

2 Heather March 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm

The black dress was an excellen choice for you! Where did you get it?

3 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

JcPennys! It was a random find. I bought in in black, Kelly bought in in purple, and Ashley came close to buying it in blue. It’s probably the first item I’ve bought from JcPennys in years, but it was a great dress that is flattering on almost every body type.

4 Theodora March 3, 2012 at 10:37 am

SMOKIN’!
Theodora recently posted..Winning the Lottery

5 meghan March 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Oh I would have been disappointed too. You really would have thought they would have had stuff for sale!! I’ve been excited about this opening since I heard about it and will definitely have to stop in in the next few weeks and check it out! I’ve only been to one lulu store in Boston and loved it!
meghan recently posted..Honeymoon Advice?

6 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 1, 2012 at 11:14 pm

A Lululemon party?! That sounds like so much fun! I wish they’d open a store in NH :/
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Healthy Cookie Dough Dip – Yes, Really!

7 MrsSwan March 1, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Love your dress!!! I am familiar with the name but I have never even seen any of their product in person. I think I love your hot date’s dress too but hard to tell since there was just the shoulder shot. πŸ™‚
MrsSwan recently posted..My planned Publix trip with coupons 3/1/12

8 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm

You’re looking super hot in that LBD! Love LULU! Enjoy!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Reach the Beach a Dream Within Reach

9 Val @eatrunandfancyfun March 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Ive never been to a lulumon store so excited its coming to South Tampa! I will definitely be making a trip there this weekend!
Val @eatrunandfancyfun recently posted..Low Carb Made Easy

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Hot dress!!!! I love that they had a 20s themed party–too cute! That’s weird that there was no merchandise available, though. I would have thought those in attendance (like you) would have come ready to spend.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Rustic Apple-Almond Tart

11 caryn March 1, 2012 at 11:38 pm

dang! awesome dress! & the party looks like it was pretty awesome too. πŸ™‚
your blog is always so fun to read. i feel like it’s the perfect mix of light, happy posts with a few more serious/inspirational/mushy ones thrown in. love it. πŸ™‚

12 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 1, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Bummer that you didn’t get to splurge that night! That’s usually the point of a pre-opening party, isn’t it?
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Swift Kick in the Butt

13 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 1, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I’m the same way, I NEED a full meal!!
Oooo Lululemon.. I’d kill for one around here!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A New Start

14 maria @ Chasing the Now March 1, 2012 at 11:55 pm

You look smokin’ in that black dress! Seriously can see all the hard work you’ve been putting in.
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..Rabbit, Rabbit

15 Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot March 2, 2012 at 12:20 am

Fun! Hopefully you can get some new gear this weekend πŸ™‚
Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot recently posted..Yogurt & Banana Blended Dessert Bowl

16 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 2, 2012 at 5:01 am

What a great party theme! BTW, you rocked that dress! Dang girlie!!!

Wish we had a Lululemon store here. I have to drive an hour to get to a store or showroom. That’s a good thing for my bank account!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..In Like a Lion!

17 Racheal @ Running with Racheal March 2, 2012 at 5:31 am

Your dress is super cute and I love your hair! Beautiful! πŸ™‚
Racheal @ Running with Racheal recently posted..Fog Lifter

18 Kelly March 2, 2012 at 6:23 am

You looked stunning in that dress! Please tell us where we can find a dress like that!! πŸ™‚

19 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 10:00 am

It’s from JcPennys! I bought it back in January. πŸ™‚

20 Sara@RunningInPinkProject March 2, 2012 at 6:47 am

I am so excited to hear this. Im still looking for Bikram yoga in Tampa too. Any suggestions?
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Short and Sweet

21 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

Have you tried Yogani? I’m not a huge Bikram fan so I haven’t taken a class yet in Tampa. I’ve only even taken two Bikram classes in my life and both were in Orlando. Check out the Rasa Lila Fest site or Facebook page though – they list almost every studio there is in Tampa!

22 Jessica March 2, 2012 at 7:25 am

Maybe I missed it, but how is Scooby? Any updates? He’s so cute!

23 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 10:02 am

I do owe you guys a formal update on the blog, but Scooby is doing good. He just has a stomach ache. As soon as he got back to my parents’ house he was fine. I also think he just missed being in his own house.

24 Katie March 2, 2012 at 7:32 am

I was having a snack attack on Wednesday night. And finally I grabbed an orange, ate it, and was satisfied! Sometimes I think its good to shock the taste buds and then they get over the need for a snack.
Katie recently posted..I made it, I ate it: Lemon Chicken Piccata

25 Sara @my less serious life March 2, 2012 at 7:34 am

i love popcorn and peanuts!

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 2, 2012 at 7:40 am

Looks like fun! But I’m with you … I typically need a real meal to feel fully “satisfied.” Otherwise, I just want to keep nibbling on things!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.

27 healthy ashley March 2, 2012 at 7:41 am

So fun! I loved picking out my friends from the photos πŸ™‚
healthy ashley recently posted..Cheering the Princesses

28 Cait's Plate March 2, 2012 at 7:49 am

So fun! Bummer that there was no merchandise though. At least your wallet left happy! Haha.

Popcorn + peanuts is a brilliant combo. I’ve done almonds before but I bet peanuts are better.

And I’m the same way with meals – I need to feel like I had a full on meal to feel satisfied.

29 Ashley @ This Is The Place March 2, 2012 at 7:54 am

I’m the same way with meals.

On another, you look awesome in that dress!! Can you tell me where you got it? It’s hot!
Ashley @ This Is The Place recently posted..All the cool kids are doing it…

30 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 10:05 am

Thank you! πŸ™‚ The dress is from JcPenneys. I bought it back in January and LOVE it πŸ™‚

31 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 2, 2012 at 7:58 am

Love your dress! You look so pretty! πŸ™‚ That event sounded like fun!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Blend It Up…

32 Reenie March 2, 2012 at 8:21 am

You look fab in that dress ~ very cute.

33 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 2, 2012 at 8:51 am

Awesome, I’m totally planning a trip to lululelmon this weekend, it’s time to splurge on some new spring running gear πŸ™‚

Also, your dress is so cute, where is it from?
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..What the Heel?

34 Meghann March 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

Thank you! It was a random find from jcPenney’s in January. πŸ™‚

35 Sarah March 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

ahh!! I am so hitting up LuLu on Saturday after the expo! Yay!
Sarah recently posted..Sarah Plain and Tall

36 Carissa March 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

wow! What a cool party idea! I love lululemon but I avoid going in there because I feel guilty spending so much!
Carissa recently posted..It’s Mental

37 Emily March 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

Much to the dismay of my husband (and my wallet!) our lululemon store opened this past September. We have yoga on Saturday and running group (3 or 6 mile loop depending on what you want!) on Sunday. So definitely go back and check it out!
Emily recently posted..Tight Rear… from RUNNING… (sickos) *smiles*

38 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

I’m so like that too, if all I’m doing is snacking and I’m never actually FULL at any point, then I just want to keep snacking!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Veggie Recipes and HIIT Bike Workout

39 Meg March 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

I just emailed my boyfriend and told him that I can eventually move to Tampa because a lululemon opened a few blocks from his house. He said, “Oh, so you’ll move for lululemon but not me?”

Oops.
Meg recently posted..My First Half Marathon: Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Race Recap

40 Amanda March 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Love your dress! Hot stuff!! πŸ™‚

41 LG March 2, 2012 at 11:46 am

Lululemon has been so big here in Canada for years (I’m in Calgary), and it seems to only be really catching on now in some places in the States. Usually it’s SO the opposite, with us catching trends from the States. I was in Lulu in both Birmingham and Chicago in the fall and both times salespeople asked me “if I had ever heard of their products”. Crazy! Here you can’t walk more than 10 feet without seeing someone wearing Lululemon clothing!

I just wish I would have bought stock when it first went public…

42 Samantha March 2, 2012 at 11:58 am

That dress is amazing!! Could you post a link to it? I’d love to get it πŸ™‚

And yay for Lulu! They’ll probably make the yoga class a regular thing. They do it every Sunday at 10am here!
Samantha recently posted..Workout Windup: Need for Speed