Pizza and Cupcakes

by Meghann on February 13, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday to my future brother-in-law Tyler!

421456_2813389333574_1224000724_32307446_479951377_n.jpeg

Tyler turned 22 yesterday and doesn’t look a day over 16. Such a baby face, but we love him anyways. πŸ˜‰ 21 was a big year for Tyler (especially the birth of his beautiful daughter!) and I know 22 will be even bigger. Here’s to new beginnings and happy challenges! πŸ™‚

I didn’t mention it on the blog, but Derek was in Orlando over the weekend for my little brother’s bachelor party. He returned yesterday still in one piece (thank goodness!) and full of war stories to share. It sounds like their bachelor party was even crazier than the bachelorette party we threw for Ashley a couple of weeks ago. Fine by me – I’m not the biggest fan of puke in the morning anyway. :-p

Derek proceeded to nap the afternoon away while I worked on my Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Pete race recap and snacked on some leftover cold veggies from the fridge.

mmm… cold veggies πŸ™‚

We headed to the birthday boy’s house for dinner and brought pizza from our favorite pizza place.

Our two favorites – Cauliflower and Meatballs with Ricotta.

IMG_7119.JPG IMG_7120.JPG IMG_7122.JPG IMG_7123.JPG

We also brought our gift – a game for Tyler’s new PS3.

I may never see my fiance again. He already told me he plans to go over and play everyday after work. I told him it was fine as long as he kept his room clean and finished his chores as soon as he came home. πŸ™‚ (kidding! obviously.)

Tyler’s girlfriend made him delicious vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles. I had one for dessert and licked the wrapper clean of icing – cream cheese icing is where it’s at. πŸ˜‰

Unfortunately, there was no late night partying for me. I crashed almost as soon we got home. My body was feeling the 4:23am wake-up call and needed sleep fast.

This morning I hit the gym to stretch my legs on the treadmill with a 25 minute walk and to complete my final workout for NROLFW stage 6. This stage went really fast. I’ll have a final review up sometime this week, as well as the answer to whether I can complete an unassisted pull up or not – the jury is still out on that one. πŸ™‚

I did rock my new Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Pete 1/2 Marathon shirt.

IMG_7130.JPG IMG_7135.JPG

I have to give RNR props for keeping it consistent with the shirts. The past three RNRs I’ve done have all had the exact same Brooks gender-specific-cut tech tee, just different colors and race logos. This is fine by me because I actually love my other two shirts and was happy to welcome another one in to the collection. The fit is great, the material is light, and I like how the graphics aren’t terribly loud or obnoxious. They’re great shirts.

However, I’m also 5’4″ with a short torso and smaller frame – if I was any taller, this shirt would be too short. If you’re registering for a future RNR and are on the taller side or prefer roomier shirts, keep that in mind – they run small.

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of oats.

Oats topped with honey peanut butter, granola, walnuts, and strawberries. It’s still a bit chilly out this morning and this bowl was just what I needed to warm up with.

I’m still coming down from my runner’s high from yesterday. I’m not sure I quite believe it yet. πŸ™‚

How was your weekend? Anything worth smiling about? πŸ™‚

1 Jordan@almondjay February 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

Congrats on meeting your race goal! I was traveling for work all weekend so I was all smiles when I returned home to cuddle up on the couch with my boy friend and watch Horrible Bosses πŸ™‚
Jordan@almondjay recently posted..Only to return….

2 Danielle @ Long May You Run February 13, 2012 at 10:51 am

Haha- love the picture of the boys watching TV and the dog giving them the stink eye. “Um hello, pay attention to ME!”

Late congrats on your awesome race yesterday! You’re incredible!!
Danielle @ Long May You Run recently posted..16 miles through the Appalachian Trail

3 Christine @ BookishlyB February 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

My husband plays a ton of videogames, and I kinda like it. I get tons done and it keeps him off the streets and out of the bars πŸ˜‰
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Amazon’s Attempt to Monopolize the Book World

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

My weekend was pretty good. My fiance and I celebrated V-day on Saturday. We saw The Vow. I thought it was good πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Unplugged For The Weekend…

5 Cait's Plate February 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

I spent the weekend in very different weather – on the ski slopes! But definitely something to smile about πŸ™‚

6 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Oohh, meatball with ricotta sounds fantastic!! Happy bday to your future brother-in-law!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Let Them Eat Cake

7 Mallory @ Have your cake and eat it February 13, 2012 at 11:21 am

Um that pizza looks incredible. AHH
congrats again on your amazing race!
Mallory @ Have your cake and eat it recently posted..The Ultimate Hallmark Holiday

8 Courtney February 13, 2012 at 11:33 am

Congrats on meeting your goal! You should be so proud of you! πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Jack Daniels in Drag

9 Allison February 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

I am tall and I dont like the RNR shits because 8 am tall and I can’t lift my arms without showing my tummy.
Allison recently posted..Friday Confessions

10 wymberley February 13, 2012 at 11:52 am

I had not appreciated my RnR shirt enough until I got my 3M half marathon shirt. It was a women’s cut but really big! It was so wide and short I can absolutly not wear it except to mow the lawn. i was so sad! i got my PR in Austin 3M and really wanted to brag with my shirt. It was also a depressing gray color with the race logo on the back and only a few words on the front about running for fun. RnR surely won the shirt race for me!
wymberley recently posted..5 Things Friday

11 Sana February 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Boys and video games. I don’t get it.

12 MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan February 13, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Have you tried Pizza Pazza? That’s my daughter’s favorite!

13 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 13, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I’ve noticed the short length with a lot of the gender-specific cut tees. I’m also around 5’4 with a small frame and the shirts barely hit my waistband but they fit my shoulders and everywhere else perfectly. So strange.
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Michigan-Illiniois Basketball game

14 Steph @ StephSnacks February 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Mmmm all of that birthday food looks delicious πŸ˜€ especially the cupcake with cream cheese frosting. YUM!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Flash Back

15 melissa February 13, 2012 at 1:31 pm

pizza looks great and the shirt looks really cute and well-fitting. I haven’t done a RNR because they tend to be very expensive!

16 Amelia February 13, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Gender specific tees are SO much better than the standard. There was pizza and cake at my house too. Only, the cake was for a client. Our pizza was delish though. What is it about cauliflower on a pizza that tastes so good?

I submitted my dietetic internship applications this weekend. Definitely worth smiling about!!!
Amelia recently posted..Chilly Willy

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Omg that pizza sounds good! I’ve never gotten ricotta on a pizza!

18 Julia February 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I think if I asked for a pizza with Cauliflower on it in the UK they would look at me like I have two heads!! I have never heard of that but it sounds yummy. That cupcake looks delish though πŸ™‚
Julia recently posted..Good Luck!!

19 Jess February 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hmm…Philly and Chicago RNR halfs last year had unisex t’s. What’s the deal?

20 Jules @ La Petite Maison Verte February 13, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I’ve been wanting to try Anthony’s after hearing so many good things and your pictures are definitely making me hungry!

21 Joss February 13, 2012 at 10:15 pm

mmmm I love cream cheese icing! Slather it on everything! lol
hmm I’m smiling about Valentines day πŸ˜€

22 Emily February 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Happy Birthday to your future bro-in-law!
Emily recently posted..And Now We Return…