Birthday Pie

by Meghann on February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Birthdays are starting to sneak up on me. Didn’t I just turn 26 yesterday? Sheesh.

My actual birthday isn’t until tomorrow, but Derek’s parents were kind enough to invite us over for an early birthday dinner tonight. I was flattered they even thought of me, I guess this means I’m really part of the family now – official birthday dinners and all. πŸ™‚

We all sat around and drank wine and nibbled on shrimp and cocktail sauce while Derek and I filled them in on our New York and Vermont adventures. For four people, those little shrimpies went incredibly fast.

IMG_7338.jpg IMG_7339.JPG

Dinner was delicious. Derek’s Dad grilled salmon on a cedar plank while his mom prepared a lovely salad, wild rice, and veggies. It was the perfect birthday meal. πŸ™‚

However, the real treat was the dessert.

When we were in Key West last month, Derek’s Dad told me he could make a mean homemade key lime pie. Of course, I told him he had to make it for me the minute he had the chance. So he did. Last night he squeezed 24 fresh-from-the-farmer’s-stand key limes and made a birthday key lime pie just for me. I had a slice with a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that Derek’s mom made.

The pie was tart, sweet, and the best homemade key lime pie I’ve ever had. He did an excellent job and I can’t wait to dive into the leftovers he sent me home with. There may be breakfast dessert in my future. πŸ˜‰

Present time!

My future in-laws know me well. I was gifted with a travel pillow (I sooo need this), a sport towel (also need this), and….

IMG_7356.JPG IMG_7358.jpg

a new lunch box!

How cute is that? It’s the perfect size to hold decent sized tupperware, there’s a side pockets for napkins, and my name is on it. I may just pack my lunch tomorrow and take it to park just because I can.

Thank you Hilda and Steve! Dinner was wonderful. πŸ™‚

Now I’m stuffed and ready for bed. Here’s to my last night as a 26 year old – it’s been fun!

Good Night!

1 Angie February 7, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Happy birthday! Is that a twenty one lunch bag? I got one for Christmas and its awesome. It holds so much stuff.

2 Emily G. February 8, 2012 at 11:03 am

Thirty-One! πŸ˜‰ Love their products. They just came out with a new book – super cute new patterns! I also gifted a lot of these for Christmas gifts, too!

3 CheezyK February 8, 2012 at 12:05 am

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you’re well on the way to being very spoiled πŸ™‚ That dessert in particular looks great, white choc and macadamia cookies are my favourite.
(P.S. I think too many of the ‘health blog’ ladies I read are pregnant at the moment … my first thought when I saw the shrimp and salmon was ‘I bet people pull her up on that one’. Realised my mistake quickly … you’ve got other exciting plans in store at the moment πŸ˜€ )
CheezyK recently posted..Travelday – Where I let the photos talk

4 Megan February 8, 2012 at 12:20 am

Wow! Sweet in laws to be! Love the lunch box!!
Megan recently posted..Sinfully Delicious Brownies!!!

5 this fit chick February 8, 2012 at 1:51 am

ahh Happy belated!
this fit chick recently posted..Perfect Protein Pancake

6 Christie February 8, 2012 at 2:35 am

Happy (early) birthday! That key lime pie looks absolutely DEVINE!! Any chance Derek’s dad would be willing to share the recipe…? πŸ˜‰
Christie recently posted..5 sweet treats to make right now.

7 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 8, 2012 at 3:43 am

Sounds like you are getting great in-laws! Props to Derek’s Dad! The pie looks amazing!

Happy Birthday!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Muscle Fatigue and Functional Strength Workout

8 Sara @my less serious life February 8, 2012 at 7:49 am

happy birthday!

9 Emily February 8, 2012 at 7:52 am

31 one lunch box! I have one of those. It has coffee on it. Love it! I can fit a lot more stuff in in, which is good when you’re backing all your meals and snacks.

Hope your b-day pancakes are awesome this morning! (I will be stealing your recipe to make them for my hubby next week!)
Emily recently posted..Post-Work Posting

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 8, 2012 at 8:07 am

Happy Birthday!!! That is super sweet of your in-laws to be! The lunch box is so cute πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Top 10 Wedding Flowers…

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 8, 2012 at 8:22 am

Since it is now officially your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your day is filled with peanut butter, cookies, and dog snuggles.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..veggie craver

12 Kathy February 8, 2012 at 8:43 am

Very cute lunch bag!!

Well even though the post was last night it’s the 8th today ….so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 28??? Oh, too be so YOUNG! πŸ˜‰
Kathy recently posted..Depressing "Pear Shape" that I am.

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats February 8, 2012 at 8:44 am

You have such awesome in laws!!!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW–On a Loooooong Day

14 Jordan February 8, 2012 at 9:15 am

Cute, that’s a 31 thermal tote! I’m a 31 independent consultant so if you ever need more of that stuff just let me know!

15 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon February 8, 2012 at 9:51 am

Happy birthday!!!!!!! And that lunch bag is absolutely adorable!!!! Love it.
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Five minute butternut squash curry

16 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 8, 2012 at 11:48 am

I love the lunch bag, so cute!

Happy early birthday!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..10 Miler and Winter Running Gear

17 Erica February 8, 2012 at 11:54 am

Have a FABULOUS day! Happy happy birthday gorgeous!
Erica recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Chili

18 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups February 8, 2012 at 2:31 pm

There’s nothing like homemade key lime pie! Happy early birthday!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Sunny

19 Mary February 8, 2012 at 7:53 pm

What great birthday gifts! Your future in-laws seem to know you well, and that key lime pie looks AMAZING!

20 Kalee February 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm

It looks like 26 was good!! πŸ™‚ I’m glad someone else has dessert breakfast too! πŸ™‚
Kalee recently posted..Motivational Series #3: Create A Mission Statement

21 Kath February 8, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Mmmm wine.

And pie!

22 Joss February 8, 2012 at 11:05 pm

such sweet gifts! And that key lime pie looks so yummy πŸ™‚
Joss recently posted..It Must Be Near That Time…

23 Mirtha February 20, 2012 at 9:53 am

Your hair looks amazing like that!