Flying Home

by Meghann on February 6, 2012

Hello from high in the sky!

Derek and I caught a super early flight this morning and are currently on our way home to Tampa from NYC. Waking up at 5:00am and catching a cab by 5:45am was a pain in the butt, but landing before lunch time and having the whole day to play catch up will be worth it.

I had just enough time before we boarded to grab a Mango Peach Topper from Jamba Juice with an added scoop of peanut butter.

Jamba Juice has a great granola. It’s really nutty and full of flax and sunflower seeds, it’s the perfect airport breakfast on the go. The added peanut butter also gives the smoothie a little more lasting powering through the flight.

A hot tea was added to wake and warm me up.

We’re back on JetBlue and I’m learning to appreciate that they don’t have WiFI on board. It’s great to disconnect, but still have access to my computer to work on a few projects. I feel more focused with less distractions and have been cranking things out. Maybe I need to turn the internet off when I’m working on deadline projects in the future more often?

Inflight snacks.

IMG_6925.JPG IMG_6927.JPG

Inflight sleeping fiance.

[insert photo that was mysteriously deleted from my camera]

My legs are antsy to run.

Are we there yet?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

I love the snacks on Jet Blue πŸ™‚
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Thankful Thursday.

2 Jordan@almondjay February 6, 2012 at 11:18 am

We just got back from Tahoe last night and I was so antsy to run this morning…runners – we must be crazy haha
Jordan@almondjay recently posted..Snowboarding, Sitting and Sporting

3 Ash Bear February 6, 2012 at 11:19 am

As you know, I slept in this morning due to exhaustion and sore calves. Luckily I have very little plans this evening so I too will be running! Here’s to a great week and disconnecting every now and then.
Ash Bear recently posted..Target Spring Preview

4 Megan February 6, 2012 at 11:41 am

My mom flies Jet Blue all the time. I definitely need to look into it!

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I love the jetblue terminal at JFK. Jamba makes any early flight better πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sweet potato goat cheese puffs

6 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe February 6, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Have a great flight – that Jamba Juice looks fab!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Super 5k Race Recap!

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm

The internet is such a big distraction when you’re trying to get things done. You *think* you’ll only check FB for a second and then before you know if fifteen minutes have passed!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Downtown Abbey Love

8 Cait's Plate February 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Haha I’m with Derek! I would’ve conked out right away with such an early morning!

Good to know about Jamba Juice – I usually go with Starbucks perfect oatmeal so it will be nice to have another option πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Really Long Time

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 6, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Have a good run later today, then! πŸ™‚

10 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 6, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Traveling home is definitely the worst part of a trip! I always end up returning home exhausted and in need of another relaxing vacation ha! Good plan to go early though, usually flights are more likely to be on time in the morning.
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Stocking Up

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I’m flying Jet Blue for the first time to Boston this April. I’m actually kind of excited about it after hearing you talk it up πŸ˜›
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Chocolate and Endurance

12 Alaina February 6, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Love Jet Blue! And their direct flights from Boston to Vegas. πŸ˜›

Looks like a fantastic weekend in Vermont! Reminds me that I need a vacation soon.
Alaina recently posted..Half at the Hamptons Training – Week 10 (And a Fun Survey)

13 Kathy February 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm

The family leaves for Florida one month from today! So excited after seeing you on the plane and “vacationing” with you via blog. ha!
Kathy recently posted..One Week!

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I’ve never flown Jet Blue before. Now I’m curious. It seems like a great airline. πŸ™‚ I’m always jealous of your Jamba Juice! There are none near me. Hopefully when I go on my honeymoon, I can find one in the airport.

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm

safe travels!

16 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness February 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I am not a morning person, but when it comes to flying it is worth it. Having a whole day to recover is always rewarding. Your Jamba Juice looked delish!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Gym Child Care: Overcome Your Fear

17 Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog February 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm

That breakfast looks SO good!
Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog recently posted..Overnight oats in a can…of pumpkin.

18 Kath February 6, 2012 at 6:04 pm

omg please feed me that smoothie! Miss Jamba

19 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 6, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Early morning flights are the best. It gives you the whole day to catch up on what’s waiting for you at home.

I agree. Jet Blue is the best airline. Too bad they don’t fly to the majority of my usual destinations!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..No Nuts Please

20 Joss February 7, 2012 at 7:30 am

I wish we had jamba juice here πŸ™‚
Joss recently posted..Something Sweet

21 Emily February 7, 2012 at 9:48 am

I haven’t ever flown JetBlue. We’re delta people, through and through. Although it sometimes gets frustrating ALWAYS being routed through Atlanta. Even though we LIVE at another hub!
Emily recently posted..Happy Monday, Post-Football