Monday, Monday

by Meghann on January 30, 2012

Happy Monday!

Catching up from the weekend?

‘Twas an epic weekend. πŸ˜‰

How was yours?

I was in bed early last night and up early this morning for my morning gym session. Twenty minutes on the treadmill followed by NROLFW 6B – my typical Monday for ya. I tried to incorporate some speedwork on the treadmill with 2:00 intervals at 8.5 mixed with 1:00 minute recoveries at 6.5 just to mix it up a little bit.

It ended up looking something like this –

• 3 min Warm-up @ 6.5
  • 2 min Speed Interval @ 8.5
  • 1min Recover @ 6.5
  • (repeat intervals x 5)
  • 2 min cool down

It was a good mix of up and downs that left me sweating and breathing hard at the end. Always a bonus feeling when coming off the treadmill. πŸ™‚

Breakfast was enjoyed at home.

Nothing too out of the ordinary here. I started with a plain greek yogurt base and topped it with a golden delicious apple, PB2, and Kashi Cinnamon Go Lean Crisp.

Yum.

Ahhh…. for such a simple post, this took way too long to write. I would like to punch the spinning pinwheel of color in the face, please. Thank goodness my new memory chips arrived over the weekend. Here’s hoping my lunch post goes a bit faster. Blah.

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 30, 2012 at 10:30 am

the spinning beach ball of doom has plagued me lately as well. Time for more memory.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..My Mom Wants To Cut Off My Toe.

2 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 30, 2012 at 10:35 am

Sorry if I missed it, but what did the numbers indicate on the back of the shirts? They were such cute pieces of ‘team’ apparel!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..January Training Recap

3 Meghann January 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

When combined, the numbers are her wedding date – 02/18/12 πŸ™‚

4 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 30, 2012 at 11:09 am

Oh clever!! Love that, thanks Meghann!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..January Training Recap

5 Cait's Plate January 30, 2012 at 10:47 am

That Kashi Go Lean Crisp looks awesome. I haven’t had the chance to try it yet but I love how clustery it looks!

Glad you had such a good weekend!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Happy, Happy

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 30, 2012 at 11:02 am

I like your treadmill work out! I love speed intervals and am always looking for new ones! I have never heard of the Go Lean Crisp, but I am intrigued since Go Lean Crunch is my fav!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Tebow Adventures

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 30, 2012 at 11:05 am

Ha, sometimes I hate the pinwheel of color, too. Looks like you had a super fun weekend!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Quinoa with Eggplant and Peppers

8 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 30, 2012 at 11:10 am

Isn’t PB2 the best?! Those shirts are so stinkin’ cute, btw!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Ummm, where did January go?

9 Meg at runridelove.com January 30, 2012 at 11:32 am

Very impressed you were able to hop on the treadmill for a speed workout monday morning after a bachelorette party weekend! That would never happen for me.
Meg at runridelove.com recently posted..And So It Begins…

10 Poptartyogini January 30, 2012 at 11:35 am

Fun fun weekend. It is always so sad to see them go. It looks like you’re off to a productive new week!
Poptartyogini recently posted..recipe: crock pot pork fajitas

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 30, 2012 at 11:41 am

I think intervals are the best way to break up a treadmill run. Plus you’re running faster so that your time on the treadmill is shorter. Win win πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Breakfast Sunflower-a-dilla

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 30, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I love intervals on a treadmill. And weights. How I love lifting thee πŸ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What Teaching BodyPUMP Has Taught Me

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I’ve got 4 miles on my agenda today and I think I’ll mix it up with some intervals!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Giant Muffins and Miracle Noodles

14 Corey @ Learning Patience January 30, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Sounds like you had such a wonderful weekend! Your t shirts came out fabulous!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Some of My Favorite Things

15 Lydia January 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Thanks to all your delicious food posts I have a new favorite breakfast/snack/anytime food! Chobani/Kashi Cinnamon Go Lean Crunch/Kashi shredded wheat/blueberries/strawberries – I can’t stop eating it!

Loved the shirts you had made…super cute idea!
Lydia recently posted..Is it β€œok” to be mad?

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 30, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Such a simple breakfast but that looks really delicious. I think it’s the apple. I think I’m craving one. I think I’ll fix that this afternoon. πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Youth Lagoon

17 Emily January 31, 2012 at 10:50 am

treadmill intervals are great. I don’t do them often enough, i don’t think.
Emily recently posted..Mexican food + Fitness = ???