more ยป" />

Alarm Fail

by Meghann on January 25, 2012

There was an alarm fail this morning.

My 6:15am Mon-Fri alarm on my phone never went off. Instead I awoke to the ‘beep, beep, beep’ of Derek’s 7:00am alarm on his phone. It was nice to have an unexpected additional 45 minutes of sleep, but a failed alarm is never cool.

Does anyone else have problems with their alarm on their Android? This isn’t the first time this has happened to me and I’ve heard rumors of it happening to other friends too. ๐Ÿ™

I literally jumped out of bed when I realized what time it was and rushed Maddie outside before getting dressed and heading out for my run. I had 7 miles to conquer with a 4 mile tempo thrown in the mix. The run wasn’t bad. I found it difficult to hold the planned 7:45 pace for the tempo miles, but still averaged an overall pace of 7:52 for the tempos and a 8:13 for the entire 7 miles. Felt good to finish. ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn’t have time to get too creative with breakfast, so cereal made an appearance.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Cinnamon Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Oatmeal Quaker Squares
  • walnuts
  • ricotta cheese
  • pumpkin butter
  • almond butter
  • strawberries
  • blueberries

Ricotta cheese and almond butter? Surprisingly delicious, especially with the pumpkin butter. Yum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ragnar Relay Video

Our team captain just posted our official We Ran With Your Mom Last Night Ragnar Relay video. This is the PG-13 version (slight nudity towards the end – be warned).

I’ve been told an unrated version is in the works, but it won’t be going public.

Good times. Good times. ;)

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 25, 2012 at 9:48 am

LOL fun video!

My alarm DID go off, but I just couldn’t muster up the energy for my 5 AM wake up call; def slept in til 0630 this morning…
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..wordless wednesday.

2 Kelly @ Vegolosophy January 25, 2012 at 9:52 am

mmmmm did you mention pumpkin butter in your breakfast? Where did you get that?!?! I am a sucker for anything pumpkin ๐Ÿ™‚
Kelly @ Vegolosophy recently posted..Best Pizza Ever

3 Meghann January 25, 2012 at 10:03 am

It was a seasonal item from Trader Joe’s. My brother got it for me for x-mas ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Colleen January 25, 2012 at 10:12 am

Love the video!

5 Amy January 25, 2012 at 10:13 am

Derek’s intro picture with the headlamp on was the best one.

6 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 25, 2012 at 10:15 am

I love sweet ricotta. It always reminds me of a cannoli, which living in brooklyn, I obviously love.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Witchcraft and Oil Wrestling

7 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete January 25, 2012 at 10:18 am

Love the video. Hate that shirt of my husband’s. At least he only wears it at Ragnar. ๐Ÿ™‚
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..What Are Your Goals?

8 Kathy January 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

That is a great video…..hilarious and so much fun!
Kathy recently posted..Finally made an appointment

9 Sneakers2Sandals January 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

That was nakedly awesome.
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..DOMS

10 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife January 25, 2012 at 10:51 am

There was an issue last year with the iPhone alarms not working. My husband and I missed church while we were visiting his parents. They didn’t believe us at first (yeah, right, you “accidentally” missed church), but then it came out that there was an issue all over the country that day!

11 Chelsea January 25, 2012 at 10:57 am

Looove love the video! Is it safe to say I’m jealous of how much fun you guys had haha?

12 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 25, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’ve had a few instances where my Android alarm didn’t go off, but it was because my entire phone decided to shut itself off. Those days always suck, but at least you were able to get in a great run!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..So We Meet Again

13 Alicia January 25, 2012 at 11:12 am

YES! I had the HTC Incredible with the Android operating system. I cannot tell you how many times in one year I managed to wake up late… Most of the time when I had an important meeting to go to!!!!!!! I swear my boss stopped believing me. It’s nice to know now that I wasn’t the only one. ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 25, 2012 at 11:18 am

Ugh, that happens from time to time with my Android, but usually when I do Advanced Task Killer and don’t realize that the clock is an app too, and don’t “unselect” it!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Prescription for new shoes? Yes, please!

15 Kathy January 25, 2012 at 6:07 pm

This. The only time the alarm hasn’t gone off on my android is when I killed it with the Advanced Task Killer (even if it still shows that the alarm is checked, it won’t go off if you set it and then ATK).
Kathy recently posted..Training Recap: 1/16 โ€“ 1/22

16 Gina P. January 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

happens to me sometimes as well w/ the phone…i did just download the newest software and that seems to have fixed it for now…

17 Megan January 25, 2012 at 11:31 am

Haven’t had any alarm problems with my phone, but I check it several times before I go to sleep to make sure my ringer is on etc. Don’t trust it completely even though it has not failed me yet!
Megan recently posted..Edible Cake Image Giveaway

18 Olivia January 25, 2012 at 11:38 am

My boyfriend has had the same “alarm did not go off randomly” problem before, but with his iPhone FOUR. haha most advanced phone and still can’t wake you up!

This is why I believe in annoying clanking noise alarm clocks! You guys should invest in one!
Olivia recently posted..Fave Breakfast Fave Show

19 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 25, 2012 at 11:40 am

Oh I hate the surprise wake up from an alarm fail! I hope you feel more rested! I love ricotta and I am always dreaming of ways to eat it more often than on a cheese plate or in my lasagna. Thanks for the breakfast idea. I will for sure try that out.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Get your Om on this Winter

20 deva at deva by definition January 25, 2012 at 11:53 am

I don’t use my phone as an alarm – I did in college, but now I just set the alarm, and reset it for The Boy on the mornings I am up before him. He wakes up enough to recognize I am awake and is asleep before I leave, and we’re both up. ๐Ÿ™‚
deva at deva by definition recently posted..Late to the Party

21 Laura January 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I had an alarm fail this morning too. I shut it off in my sleep ๐Ÿ™ No crossfit for me and an hour late to work. Luckily the work thing isn’t a big deal.
Laura recently posted..What I’m Reading

22 Christina January 25, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I am a traditional alarm gal during the week and a cell phone alarm gal on the weekends. I always set 2 alarms tho.. one for when I should get up and one for when I have to get up.
Christina recently posted..Not What I Imaginedโ€ฆ

23 Dani January 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I think we have the same phone (evo?) and whenever I get the “low memory” message, my alarm also doesn’t go off. Really frustrating!
Dani recently posted..2011 Hershey Half Marathon

24 Meghann January 25, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Yes, we do! And I HATE the ‘low memory’ message! When ever I get it, my phone doesn’t do anything. ๐Ÿ™

25 Dani January 25, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Whenever I get the dreaded low memory message, I go into my application settings and clear the data for things like facebook, google reader, etc. It’s a quick fix!
Dani recently posted..2011 Hershey Half Marathon

26 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 25, 2012 at 12:37 pm

my phone is just a normal/non smart phone and the alarm has never failed me! I don’t need no stinkin’ internet phone. Hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

Good job on your 7 miler!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Texas Sheet Cake

27 Stephanie January 25, 2012 at 12:42 pm

My android likes to “ring the alarm” even when the alarm isn’t set. Seriously. Sometimes I’ll set it a bit later than usual on the weekends, and I’ll still wake up early, turn the alarm to OFF (it even says it’s off!) and then however long later it’ll ring as if I had originally left it on. WTF. I’ve started bringing my phone with me when I get up because it likes to wake up my husband, who is lucky enough that his brain lets him sleep in past 6:30am on the weekends.

28 Cait's Plate January 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm

My Android alarm will NEVER delete itself or shut off! If I have it set super early for one day and then turn it off or delete it, it still goes off until I shut my phone down entirely and restart it. Drives me nuts!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Top 5: Breakfast Edition

29 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 25, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I use my husband as an alarm – he wakes me up every morning. So if he over sleeps, then I have an alarm fail.
Your breakfast looks awesome!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Iโ€™m Productive!

30 Emily January 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I have an android and have not *knock on wood* had an alarm fail yet, EXCEPT the few times I went to bed with almost no battery and didn’t plug it in so it died overnight. Glad you killed your run anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily recently posted..At Night at the Theater

31 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 25, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Okay, I don’t know if I’ve ever just tried ricotta cheese plain. I could never imagine cheese in cereal, but I should buy some and taste it to see!

32 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I love ricotta with pumpkin butter or almond/peanut/sunflower seed butter. So good!

33 Rachelle January 25, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I love the video!!!

34 Lauren January 25, 2012 at 8:24 pm

LOVE the video! So cool!

35 Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time January 27, 2012 at 12:18 am

My Android is constantly not going off ๐Ÿ™ I started having to set my iPod too, just in case.
Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time recently posted..January Book Reviews

36 Allie January 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

My old android phone’s alarm used to fail all the time. It was because I set it to battery saving mode overnight (turned off the data etc). Everytime I set my alarm I had to make sure that the data turned on a little before the alarm was due to go off. Worked every time after that!