more ยป" />

Walk and Read

by Meghann on January 23, 2012

Goooooooood Mooorrrrnnniiinnggg!

Did you have a great weekend? I ran 11 miles with the sunrise, saw a new venue, went to universal, and turned really lazy, so I’d say my weekend wasn’t half bad. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I actually prefers weekend like that – one crazy busy adventure day followed by one super lazy enjoy-the-moment day – it’s a great mix of what the weekend has to offer.:)

I was up with my alarm this morning and at the gym at 6:30am for New Rules of Lifting for Women 6B. Somehow I skipped a workout a couple of weeks ago and now my As and Bs are backwards for NROLFW. No big deal, just a little confusing when I went to pick up 6A and realized I just did that one on Thursday.

The gym was quiet this morning. I did a 25 minute warm up walk on the treadmill while reading a couple of chapters from ‘A Practical Wedding.’ I started reading the APW blog right after I got engaged and purchased the book last week. I’m a sucker for blogs that have books out – it’s like a condensed version of their many years of blog entries all rolled into one organized portable package. The book is pretty good too. I love the author’s voice and her do-what-you-want attitude.

Plus, how could you not love the book’s ads?

hahaha

I think the author and I would be good friends. Plus, her name is Meg – how could someone named Meg not be cool?

So yeah. I read, walked, and made my way to the weights to pump (iron, not breast milk.). I’m still enjoying the stage 6 workouts. This stage probably has the most variety of all the stages, so I’m consistently changing up numbers of sets and reps with each workout – I like that.

Breakfast resembled something very patriotic when I returned.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Cinnamon Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • Plain Chobani
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Walnuts

And I pledge allegiance to the…

Time to get this week started.

Happy Monday everyone!

1 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

Haha…when my day comes, that looks like my kind of book.

2 Chloe (In Fine Feather) January 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

My weekend was fun even though I’m still fighting a cold. Hopefully this week I can get back to training for my 5K I plan on doing in March!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Managing Stress: Yogavention

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

I think I could’ve used the book during wedding planning. My ad would’ve said “We don’t NEED wine at the table, the bar is 5 feet away” <–major argument with my mom on that one!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Coconut flour pancakes

4 Poptartyogini January 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

Yes!! That book is so right. I didn’t read it but I didn’t have a unity candle (that probably won’t light and will be a source of anxiety) or an aisle runner (it costs extra and you’ll probably just trip–more anxiety). Hope you’re having fun. It seems like you are!
Poptartyogini recently posted..january in the chicagoland suburbs

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 23, 2012 at 10:19 am

I had a weekend similar to yours – busy at first but a lazy Sunday. Perfect if you ask me! Those ads are great! ๐Ÿ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Weekending

6 Jen @ Whittle My Middle January 23, 2012 at 10:20 am

That blog looks awesome! I wish I had that when I was planning my wedding.

7 Hillary January 23, 2012 at 10:20 am

I kind of love the idea of that blog/book. My boyfriend and I were talking about our wedding this weekend (nope, we’re not engaged. Yup, we do this all the time)—and a lot of it was us saying things like, “F this. We’ll do what we want!” Hah! Great attitude to have, right?
Hillary recently posted..Pierogi Party

8 Chrissy (The New Me) January 23, 2012 at 10:25 am

I got that book for Christmas (currently planning a November ’12 wedding) and I can’t wait to read it. I’ve loved the APW blog for a long time and I’m glad to know the book has the same voice. ๐Ÿ™‚
Chrissy (The New Me) recently posted..Cleaning, Cooking, and Karaoke

9 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups January 23, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thanks for introducing me to the wedding blog! I definitely think it’s something I need to check out!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..January BBQ

10 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

Haha! I would have loved that book when I was planning my wedding! I went through the chairs decision. After seeing what a chivari chair costs to rent, multiplied by 200, I decided the same thing the book said! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Doughy Memory

11 Kathy January 23, 2012 at 10:41 am

An Aisle Runner??? I was married 17 years ago and I don’t think we had one…ha! Can’t even remember so I guess it’s really not that important! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kathy recently posted..Teacher Inservice~SNOW~shopping

12 Racheal @ Running with Racheal January 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

I love reading on the treadmill! I strap my ipad on the front and the time flies by! I wish I had that blog to read when I was planning my wedding! ๐Ÿ™‚
Racheal @ Running with Racheal recently posted..The Perfect Storm

13 Emily January 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

I can’t believe I didn’t hear about that book/blog when I was engaged, man, now I feel a little sad that I missed out!
Emily recently posted..A little organization

14 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 23, 2012 at 10:49 am

Be honest, it’s red, white, and blue in honor of the Giants win. Or not, whatevs.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Attack of the Kung Fu Fairy.

15 Cait's Plate January 23, 2012 at 10:51 am

Hahaha – that book looks incredible. That’s definitely up my alley and I will certainly be reading it when I get engaged!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cinnamon Chip Scones

16 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

That blog looks really helpful, I’ll have to keep it in mind for my future ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Monday Breakfast and 11 Random Things

17 Margo January 23, 2012 at 11:02 am

I love APW! With just two months until the big day, the blog has definitely given me a reality check during some of my wedding planning freak-outs. I thought the book was really helpful. I love that it addresses parts of wedding planning that other wedding guides totally over look.

18 Laura January 23, 2012 at 11:57 am

Thats what I regret about my wedding – putting other’s needs before my own. I don’t think I did too much of that during planning, but I spent the entire reception taking care of people and making sure that no one felt left out (which was quite the task with 150 people). In the end, I wish I would have relaxed and enjoyed my day more.
Laura recently posted..Week in Workouts

19 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I’m on Stage 2 of NROLFW and getting excited about it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..11 Things

20 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I wish I had that book while I was wedding planning. I adopted a “F*ck em” attitude by the end, but there was a lot of pain in between the engagement and the wedding day that could have been avoided! In the end, we got the wedding we wanted (for the most part) and even managed to keep a few people happy in the process!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Weekend Recap! Food, football and more food…

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Weekends are the best when they are a mix of busy and relaxed. This one went by too fast for my liking, though!

22 Life's a Bowl January 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Every morning my students need some help reciting the pledge- I wonder if I bribed them with patriotic themed foods they’d catch on? At least their bellies would be happy!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Successes Sunday: Week 3

23 Alaina January 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Does sound like a great weekend!

I finally cracked open my NROLFW book and after reading through it, I think I have a good idea of how it works! I look forward to starting it! Your progress is definitely an inspiration. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Sunday Stuff

24 Courtney January 23, 2012 at 1:50 pm

LOVE those ads, so funny! And your cereal bowl is really pretty ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney recently posted..How to Get Your Life Together

25 Sneakers2Sandals January 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Your posts kinda make me wanna plan a wedding all over again! Except marry the same man obvs.
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Indian done Light

26 Corey @ Learning Patience January 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm

That thing about the chairs – SO funny and SO true. ๐Ÿ™‚ love those pratical wedding tips!

xoxo from Calgary (this week)
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Week 28 – From the Houston Airport

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 23, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Mmmmmm love me some weights!!

Your b-fast looks awesome, by the way!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Weekend Eating

28 Heather January 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Haha. Your breast milk comment made me laugh out loud.

29 Meghann January 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm

haha – I’m glad it made someone laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚ My work here is done.

30 Army Amy* January 23, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I’m so glad you found and love APW! I got married two years ago and still lurk around that blog. It’s the best, no joke.*
Army Amy* recently posted..What I Love About Sunday

31 sarah January 24, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I just subscribed to a practical wedding! thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚
sarah recently posted..WIAW: National PEANUT BUTTER day!