Extra Creamy

by Meghann on January 23, 2012

Today’s latte at the Felicitous Coffee Shop was extra good today.

Do you know why? The barista accidentally used whole milk instead of my normal non-fat request in my order. It wasn’t until I commented on the extra yummy creaminess, that she confessed the error. Her bad was my special treat. Yum. πŸ™‚

My latte was paired with a little container of mixed nuts and dried fruit that I nibbled on while working at the coffee house.

Last night i picked up some pre-made chicken burgers from Whole Foods on my way home for dinner. The plan was to make them last night while watching the game, but the boy ditched me for his brother’s tv (totally understandable), so the burgers were pushed to tonight.

I brought home a fiesta themed chicken burger and a buffalo chicken burger. I loved how easy it was just to take it out of the packaging and right on the George Foreman grill.

IMG_6121.JPG IMG_6122.JPG

Before I started the burgers, I cut up a sweet potato and regular potato and seasoned them with a blended spice and salt and pepper. Since I had the time, I took the slow roast approach by baking them for an hour at 350, then another 10 minutes at 400 for a nice crispy coat with a mushy enter.

The final product.

I took the buffalo chicken patty since it was the smallest and topped it with more buffalo sauce while getting a little crazy with the bottle of blue cheese dressing. I wish i could say these burgers wowed me, but they didn’t. They were both flavorless and a little dry. I would have been better just prepping the meat and jazzing up a burger on it’s own.

The potatoes were perfection with some ketchup. I’m usually too impatient to go the slow roasting route, but when you have the time you can really taste and enjoy the difference. πŸ˜‰

Some steam fresh lima beans for a little green.

Espresso chip frozen yogurt for dessert.

It’s a Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game kind of night.

Good Night!

1 Carissa January 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I’m always disappointed by poultry burgers. I either cook them too long or they are dry due to a lack of fat. Bummer burgers stink!
Carissa recently posted..Clearwater Half Marathon

2 Sara @ RunnerWife January 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

You always make the yummiest looking dinners! That cookie looks pretty delicious too!
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Changes to Running

3 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I do love some ABC family on Monday nights! πŸ™‚ I make chicken burgers sometimes but they are def better when you prep the meat on your own. Ive done it a few different ways and have gotten good results.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Vegging Out

4 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 23, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I love how after regularly eating nonfat dairy or dairy alternatives, fuller fat products taste so decadent. I sometimes will buy plain 2% greek yogurt and it tastes so creamy and thick compared to the nonfat! It makes a nice treat πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..A Little Butter Goes a Long Way

5 Megan January 23, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Love all that foam! Wish I had that latte right now!!! Love how you ended the day with a little more coffee flavor too! πŸ™‚

6 CheezyK January 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Mmmm, no matter what I’m doing diet or lactose reduction wise I have never ever been able to compromise on full cream milk in a latte – it just tastes so much better!
CheezyK recently posted..Megan Washington

7 Deva @ Deva by Definition January 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm

All of my half marathon training is making me super hungry, and because I struggle to eat enough when training really hard, I’ve been enjoying real heavy cream in my coffee, which is so decadent! I love how creamy whole milk is in coffee drinks, but I prefer skim or 2%.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Vlogging the Half Marathon: Week Three

8 Anna @ Blissfully Banana January 23, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Uhm seriously the time I got 2% in my iced vanilla latte was amazing! Such a difference! That espresso chip frozen yogurt looks super super yummy! πŸ˜€
Have a nice night!
Anna @ Blissfully Banana recently posted..Bananas For Yoga

9 Sarah January 23, 2012 at 11:50 pm

whole milk lattes are seriously the best! I always go for nonfat but my bf always orders whole milk and I steal a few sips. Mmm πŸ™‚
Sarah recently posted..It’s Back!

10 Rachel January 24, 2012 at 12:32 am

All of that looks delicious! Also…I’m really glad I’m not the only non-teeny bopper who watches Pretty Little Liars πŸ™‚
Rachel recently posted..Tips on What to do When a Class Doesn’t Challenge You

11 Sneakers2sandals January 24, 2012 at 6:05 am

I’ve been disappointed with the last few thing I’ve gotten at whole foods! My mom told me I’m becoming a food snob since I started to learn how to cook.
Sneakers2sandals recently posted..Indian done Light

12 Hillary January 24, 2012 at 7:08 am

How disappointing! Usually WF burgers are my absolute favorite—actually, the last two or three times I’ve eaten red meat, it’s been from WF. Better luck next time?
Hillary recently posted..Pierogi Party

13 Emily January 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Wow, you are much better than me. I might have had a mini-meltdown about the full fat latte. Thanks for reminding me to take a deep breath and move forward.
Emily recently posted..A little organization

14 Reenie January 24, 2012 at 8:40 am

This lil milk frother (I use half n half) will save you lots of money. I LOVE mine.

(search Amazon for different prices)

15 Reenie January 24, 2012 at 8:42 am

After using my frother…..there’s not that much milk in it because it froths so much ~ so I say go for the full fat =)

16 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 24, 2012 at 8:47 am

That’s disappointing about the burgers! I am sure they weren’t cheap, but they look delicious at least. That is funny about your latte. I can always tell when baristas accidentally use whole milk. The drink tastes extra good and I secretly enjoy it when they make that mistake though! πŸ™‚
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Saucy in the Kitchen

17 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 24, 2012 at 9:11 am

You do such a good job of making dinner so often—go you!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Weight Train To Get Fitter

18 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 24, 2012 at 9:40 am

those potatoes look so delicious! I need to do that sometime! Haha I’m pretty impatient with roasting too…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Half Marathon Training Plan

19 Cait's Plate January 24, 2012 at 9:51 am

Mmm – you CANNOT beat a nice frothy coffee!

20 Life's a Bowl January 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

I am too impatient to roast potatoes too so usually I’ll nuke them in the microwave for a few minutes and soften them up [but not too soft if they’re gonna be diced]- it’s def a time saver!

P.S. What brand of fro-yo do you have at home? The flavors always sound so good! Lately, I’ve been buying Breyer’s Neapolitan and Coffee Fudge Chip [and jazzing it up with some cereals to resemble a crushed cone!] πŸ˜€
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Mr. Scar Man

21 Meghann January 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

The espresso chip was Publix brand, it was on sale this week at the store. πŸ™‚

22 Jamie January 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

I bought some salmon burgers and Whole Foods not that long ago and had the same reaction. They were pretty bland and pretty expensive. I was all excited to eat them too