more ยป" />

Marshmallow Mayo

by Meghann on January 22, 2012

I love a yogurt shop with a sense of humor. ๐Ÿ˜‰

hehe

This afternoon I met up with Callie and Ellen for some frozen yogurt at Yogurtology in South Tampa.

There are a LOT of self-serve frozen yogurt places scattered around the Tampa Bay area, but I have to say that Yogurtology is my favorite. I love the variety of flavors (oatmeal cookie is a fave) as well as the topping options of whole cookies, swiss cake rolls, candy bars, and baklava. Yum.

I played nice and took it easy with toppings (toppings are the real killer when it comes to self serve frozen yogurt!) and savored every little bite.

Our afternoon treat turned into over a 2 hour outing as we sat and talked and talked and talked about everything from Healthy Living Summit planning to what we believe makes a great race. There’s nothing better than discussing the ins and outs of ideal race day settings with a fellow runner. #runnerds

After fro-yo I hit up Whole Foods and Publix to gather supplies for a fun dinner, but upon my return home, I discovered that a football night with the boys for him, meant tofu and an ABC Family move in for her.

‘Tis the perk of having a future brother-in-law with a TV that is double the size of the one that sits in my living room. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fine by me. I was in need of a good tofu night anyways. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I drizzled the tofu with bbq sauce and simply baked it for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

While the tofu was baking, I added some sweet potato slices to the baking sheet.

And the broccoli was quickly steamed in the microwave.

My cheesy movie (A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song) called for a bowl of berries to snack on for dessert.

It was a fun weekend, but now it’s time for bed.

Good night!

1 Caroline January 22, 2012 at 10:49 pm

That is great when places like that can have a sense of humor. However, thinking about putting mayo on yogurt makes me want to gag a little bit:)
Caroline recently posted..Half Marathon Training Week 3 Training Recap

2 Sarah January 22, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I’m such a sucker for toppings at fro yo places! It’s bad but oh sooo good at the same time!
Sarah recently posted..Solemates

3 Allie January 22, 2012 at 11:34 pm

When will details on the Healthy Living Summit be announced?!!
Allie recently posted..This Weekโ€™s Workouts

4 Meghann January 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

Probably not until March. We’re still in the very begging stages of planning! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Allie January 24, 2012 at 12:25 am

Okay! I am excited to hear more about it!!
Allie recently posted..Pla-Pla-Planning Week!

6 MrsSwan January 22, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I saw your title and was all like Ummm EWWW??!!

That is to cute about the label though. Nice relaxing evening for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
MrsSwan recently posted..Loving the locals!

7 Amy January 22, 2012 at 11:41 pm

That mayo bottle is pretty hilarious! I love self-serve frozen yogurt places, and that place sounds pretty bomb! ๐Ÿ™‚
Amy recently posted..AKA Almond Breath Amy

8 clueless nut January 22, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Love the berries in a bowl!! I love, love, love fruit.
clueless nut recently posted..Remove tagged photos

9 Marty January 22, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I attempted tofu for the first time a few days ago and didn’t really like it. I may try baking it as you did here and see if I can begin including it in my diet. I’m sure the BBQ sauce gives it a nice taste.
Marty recently posted..Crispy Kale Chips

10 Meghann January 23, 2012 at 11:08 am

How did you cook it? Tofu’s texture is give or take and there’s really no flavor on it’s own. I prefer it pressed and baked a little longer than what I had last night, but I was lazy. I do highly recommend it with bbq sauce though, that’s my favorite way to eat it ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Marty January 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I threw it into a veggie stir fry, kinda Asian-inspired speasoning. Maybe I should have pressed it…which I didn’t do? I felt it was kind of gooey and squishy, which is NOT my favorite texture. And I bought a firmer variety, or so I thought. Does baking it provide a less squishy texture? I read your post on tempeh recipes, is that more firm?
Marty recently posted..Crispy Kale Chips

12 Meghann January 23, 2012 at 3:53 pm

You’ll want to press it for a good hour to get all the moisture out, then bake at 375 for about 20 minutes per side. That should keep it from being too squishy and give it a nice crust. I would also suggest marinating it for an hour before hand to give it a little more flavor. Yes, tempeh is much more firm. If it’s the squishy-ness that throws you off, then I recommend the tempeh. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Marty January 23, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Thanks for the tofu tips. I’m sure getting the moisture out would make a huge difference. Now I have to prep for round 2! If I’m still not a fan I’ll try tempeh as you suggested. Thanks:).
Marty recently posted..Crispy Kale Chips

14 Ari @ Ari's Menu January 23, 2012 at 12:23 am

Seriously, no other fro yo even compares with Yogurtology! The oatmeal cookie flavor with Nutella on top is like heaven in a bowl!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..The Next Step

15 sarah January 23, 2012 at 7:48 am

oatmeal cookie dough sounds like the most amazing frozen yogurt EVERRRRRRRRRR
sarah recently posted..Instagram activity

16 Hillary January 23, 2012 at 7:58 am

Oatmeal cookie yogurt with baklava?
I’m moving to Tampa. Kthanks.
Hillary recently posted..Pierogi Party

17 Emily January 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

I watched that movies last night (instead of football) as well. Whoops.
Emily recently posted..Sunday Fun-day (ok, Sunday REST day)

18 Sneakers2Sandals January 23, 2012 at 8:06 am

Yogurtology is beyond. I’m obsessed with oatmeal flavor! How they get it to taste exactly like an oatmeal cookie just blows my mind.
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Sunday Smiles and Wedding Wrap-Up

19 Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog January 23, 2012 at 8:19 am

The toppings get me. Something that is a balanced snack with fruit becomes a hefty dessert with hot fudge and nuts. I try to take it easy with the fudge but I usually use a little, call it moderation, and feel pretty good about my decision! My dietician said that it’s A OKAY to eat this stuff on a regular basis so long as your portions are reasonable and you don’t overdo it with the sugary, fatty toppings. So you’re bang on! I’d rather have more yogurt and less candy, anyways–more bites!! Looks yummy.
Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog recently posted..To do list anxiety

20 Meghan R January 23, 2012 at 8:29 am

I watched the same movie last night! But I actually got it on DVD from Netflix and ended up watching it the same night it was on tv. Weird. It was cute though ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 23, 2012 at 8:31 am

Yum, I had barbeque tofu last night too! It’s such an easy and tasty way to prepare tofu! Also Yogurtology looks great… oatmeal cookie flavor sounds amazing ๐Ÿ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Monday Breakfast and 11 Random Things

22 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 23, 2012 at 8:57 am

Oatmeal cookie frozen yogurt sounds so good! My topping downfall is always cookie dough and crushed Oreos! So bad, but so good!!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Doughy Memory

23 Cait's Plate January 23, 2012 at 9:34 am

That is one of my FAAAAAVORITE dinners! Thanks for reminding me! I need to have it again soon ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cinnamon Chip Scones

24 Rachel January 23, 2012 at 10:27 am

Oh my GOSH that FroYo place sounds like a slice of heaven. All the Froyo places around here are healthified: Protein drink Froyo and granola toppings. Tasty, but it’s no marshmallow mayo!
Rachel recently posted..Iโ€™m Sorry Zucchini Bread

25 Blair January 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

You were in my neck of the woods! I <3 Yogurtology. I have to say, it is so difficult to manage the portion size with those ginormous cups. It looks like you did a good job. What's your secret?

26 Meghann January 23, 2012 at 11:09 am

haha – Years of practice! Trust me, I’ve been known to crazy with the big bowls too ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Lauren January 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Since I LOVE football, I DVRed that movie last night! I hope it was so bad, it was good!

28 Sloane @ My Life in Florida January 23, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I’m not sure if they have a Red Mangos in Tampa, but if so have you tried them? I am in love with them!! It is my new favorite place. I actually wrote a blog post about how much I love it yesterday!!