Sunrise + Dolphins + Friends = Awesome Morning Run

by Meghann on January 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

friday13.jpg

(source)

Did you almost miss that date? Yeah, me too. Where would I be without Facebook and Twitter reminding me of the important dates of the year? Thanks to them, I also know Monday is Martin Luther King Day. Happy Friday-before-a-long-weekend to all my lucky MLK celebrating friends. πŸ™‚

I stayed up wayyy too late last night emailing potential wedding venues (this planning stuff is way too addicting!) and was feeling it when I crawled out of bed at 6:00am this morning. I need to install an automatic shut off on my computer at a certain time, otherwise I’m going to continue to openly curse myself in the morning.

Unfortunately, pressing the snooze button, rolling over, and getting as much shut eye as possible was not an option this morning. I already had concrete plans to meet my friend Courtney at Bayshore for a beautiful sunrise run.

I <3 running on Bayshore. We ran into friends (Hi Mary!), saw some dolphins, and just enjoyed a casual run up and down the 3 mile sidewalk. Totally worth getting my butt out of bed. Always.

After our run I headed home and made a bowl of hot cereal for breakfast.

In the mix:

• 1/3 cup Hot Multi-grain Cereal
  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • Cinnamon
  • Raisins
  • Chia Seeds

On top:

• Honey Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Apple
  • Uncle Sam’s Honey Almond

I spy a Maddie nose.

Once upon a time I had a really nice wooden table for taking photos outside on. Then, when we were having work done on our roof last month, I heard a loud crash and rushed outside to discover an old satellite dish (that we’ve never used) had fallen off of the roof and landed right on the table. Boo. The legs were shattered, but the table top was still in one piece. I continued to use the table top portion (just placed in on the floor), then yesterday – poof! – it was gone.

I’m not really sure what the point of that story was, besides that I miss my wood table. πŸ™ RIP table. It was fun!

Did you ever hold on to a broken piece of furniture or something else that you loved because you weren’t quite ready to give it up yet? There have been several times (when we had someone else do our laundry back in high school) where big bleach stains have appeared on some of my favorite shirts and I stashed them in a drawer for months (sometimes years!) because I wasn’t ready to let go. That’s a good reason why – to this day – I refuse to use bleach when washing clothes. I think I’m scarred for life on that one.

1 Lindsay January 13, 2012 at 9:58 am

Wow, you’re not really wasting any time at all starting the planning, are you? Haha.

2 Anne January 13, 2012 at 10:09 am

Welcome to wedding planning. I could spend hours in the evening thinking of different things to do and scouring etsy. Plus then when you go to bed you have a million thoughts running through your head. It’s awesome and nerve-wracking at the same time. I loved it. Can I plan yours?

3 Cait's Plate January 13, 2012 at 10:11 am

I am the QUEEN of holding onto things for far too long solely for sentimental value! It’s so bad but I just can’t help myself!

4 Mary @ food and fun on the run January 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

Ha ha! Hi Meghann!! Glad I saw you all this morning! I missed out on the dolphins thought! So jealous!

Let me know when you come to Bayshore to run again! I would love to meet up with you all!

5 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

I totally understand the addictive nature of wedding planning!! I was so excited and accomplished a ton in the first three months that I was pretty burnt out for the last eight! Ha ha
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Winner Chicken Dinner

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 13, 2012 at 10:34 am

That run looks gorgeous, I’m jealous of your weather! And I neve bleach either – too dangerous
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..My Day.

7 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 13, 2012 at 10:40 am

I hadn’t noticed today’s date! Thanks! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Two Days

8 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 13, 2012 at 10:59 am

I run beside the bay in Brooklyn a lot. I’m secretly hoping I see Jimmy Hoffa bob on by. It may be REALLY foul at this point.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Blindfolded and High On Painkillers.

9 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 13, 2012 at 10:59 am

What a beautiful route to run! I’ve never been that attached to any of my furniture and enjoy throwing away (or donating) stuff, so I’ve never just held on to something. My sister, on the other hand, is a pack rat like no other and refuses to throw away anything that has even a remote amount of significance lol.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Must. Get. Sleep.

10 Julie January 13, 2012 at 11:02 am

I wish I could run somewhere I could see dolphins!! Sounds like a lovely morning πŸ™‚ Good luck with the wedding planning!
Julie recently posted..It’s Friday, Friday!

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 13, 2012 at 11:21 am

Love that you’re getting right to planning-WAHOO. How fun! You should have a wedding page–it’s fun to follow along πŸ™‚

12 Lindsay@FuelMyFamily January 13, 2012 at 11:24 am

i have a lime green field hockey camp t shirt from 8th grade that I refuse to throw away despite how thin it is and all the holes! It’s too comfy and worn in to toss but almost too fragile to wear. Someone else will have to sneak it out of my drawer and into the trash because I won’t ever do it!
Lindsay@FuelMyFamily recently posted..A day in the life: food and exercise

13 Mallory @ Have your cake January 13, 2012 at 11:32 am

that breakfast looks amazing! beautiful sunrise!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..Out with the Old

14 Biz January 13, 2012 at 11:41 am

OMG, some of my husbands t-shirts are awful – so worn that there are holes under the arm pits, the neck is hanging on by a thread – I always want to throw them out but he says its taken years to get them like that and to back off – ha!

Gorgeous run! I shoveled six inches of snow before work – I’d rather be in the sun like you!
Biz recently posted..Orange Pecan Granola Bars

15 Katie January 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I have my mac set so that it reads out the time every hour. Its a great small tool to set me on task! You could always set up a bedtime reminder on your ical also. Sleep is important!
Katie recently posted..I made it, I ate it: Spaghetti Squash Part 1

16 Hillary January 13, 2012 at 1:49 pm

My dad gave me a really old tee shirt of his back when I was in high school. It is basically falling apart and has more holes than I can count, but I cannot bring myself to throw it away. It is so worn in and comfortable and perfect for sleeping. Totally sexy, I know!
Hillary recently posted..Pumped

17 Emily January 13, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Hooray for wedding planning. I saw some of your pins last night, everything that you are choosing looks so pretty!

Enjoy it.
Emily recently posted..TGIF –

18 Corey @ Learning Patience January 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Wedding Planning is SO addictive. I actually still find myself scanning through all the awesome wedding magazines at the grocery store. πŸ™‚
Enjoy every second of it girl!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Visiting a Birder’s Paradise

19 jordan January 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I have a hard time letting go of shoes…I will wear them until my toes rub through πŸ™‚

20 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I miss planning my wedding now! I had a pair of sweatpants that I held on too way too long. They were old and ripped and falling apart, but they were so comfy!!!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Nutritionist Session

21 Jena January 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I was not a fan of wedding planning…. we should have eloped.

I can’t think of anything i’ve held onto, besides shirts/shoes that I don’t use anymore. My Husband likes me to save old coffee canisters bc he SWEARS he is going to use them in the garage…
Jena recently posted..Ragnar MIA–KW : tights butts & sweaty nutts on the move

22 Caroline January 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm

It sounds like an absolutely beautiful morning run! It was 10 degrees here this morning, with a windchill factor of -4. And icing. Needless to say there wasn’t a morning run on my end this morning:(
Caroline recently posted..Banana Berry Green Monster Smoothie

23 Lindsey January 13, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Wow you are way on top of wedding planning- I’ve been engaged for three months and am just now starting!

24 sarah January 14, 2012 at 10:53 am

wedding planning is SO addicted and equally as fun! I am so jealous of your beautiful sunrise run!

25 Amanda (modernation) January 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Heading to Tampa tomorrow for a few days and was planning to hit up Bayshore for a run after doing some research. Glad to see your endorsement. Any other route recommendations in and around that area?
Amanda (modernation) recently posted..Not Quite The Track

26 Meghann January 17, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I know I’m a bit late on replying, but what part of Tampa? I would suggest checking out Davis Island, Tampa Bay Trail, and South Tampa. Have Fun!

27 Heather January 15, 2012 at 9:57 am

my half birthday was Friday the 13th so i was a little freaked out something bad would happen haha!
Heather recently posted..A Great Year