The secret is in the ketchup

by Meghann on January 5, 2012

Want a fast lunch?

Throw all of the leftovers you have in the fridge in a bowl.

Microwave for 3 minutes.

Cover with ketchup.

Serve.

I also call this meal – this is what you get when you’re heading out of town and have nothing new to eat. πŸ˜‰

Looking for a laugh?

Read The 27 Rules of Conquering the Gym on wsj.com

My favorite:

25. Fact: Thinking about going to the gym burns between 0 and 0 calories.

Truth.

Whether you’re a gym newbie or gym regular, it’s hilarious. πŸ™‚

Are you a Florida resident running the Disney marathon this weekend?

Then, this might interest you.

Screen shot 2012-01-05 at 1.29.59 PM.png

Not a Florida resident? Then I suggest moving here, you might break even with the cost of a park ticket compared to moving expenses.

I kid. I kid. πŸ˜‰

Looking for new songs to add to your running playlist?

I’m working on my ragnar playlist and just added:

Screen shot 2012-01-05 at 2.18.06 PM.png

Any other new songs out there I should add?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm

“Let Go” by SafetySuit!!

2 Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals January 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm

“Sexy and I know It” – LMFAO!….I work outttt
Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..I Can’t WAIT!

3 Jess January 6, 2012 at 4:35 am

This x100000000

I can’t help but giggle when this song comes on when I am running.

4 Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals January 6, 2012 at 7:16 am

haha I know! My husband says its my theme song right now…
Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Feelin’ Ready

5 Kathy January 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I throw left overs together all the time…my kids think I’m nuts and that I would eat anything and everything. (Which they are probably right on both accounts except I would not do Fear Factor kind of food πŸ˜‰

Love the Adele song too….unfortunately for me I have developed some “ringing” in my ears and it gets so much worse when I listen with ear pods …so music for me any more while running.
Kathy recently posted..Here we go again…

6 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 5, 2012 at 2:36 pm

That lunch actually looks really good! And don’t ask me about new music. I listed to Christmas music the entire month of December, so I still feel behind… πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Trail Partner

7 Sarah January 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love Set Fire to the Rain, and Adele in general. I got her live DVD and have been watching it at least 1x a week πŸ™‚

8 Hillary January 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

My new favorite running song is the Glee Adele mash-up (Rumour Has It/Someone Like You). Oh, and Love On Top by Beyonce!
Hillary recently posted..A Good Start

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Haha that meal looks good to me! And I WISH i lived next to Disney!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..One Day in Charleston

10 Anne January 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I like “The Champ” but started to hear it way too much with all of those bowl games!! πŸ™
Anne recently posted..2012 Resolutions

11 Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk January 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm

My favorite song is “Love Me Dead” by Ludo. It gets my heart pumpin every time. And also Ain’t No Other Man! πŸ™‚
Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk recently posted..Pumpkin Pie

12 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane January 5, 2012 at 3:49 pm

One perk of living in hot & humid Florida are the Disney deals πŸ™‚ They had a 4 for $99 not too long ago. Disney rocks no matter how old you are as long as you stay playful.
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Accidental Pilates

13 Cait's Plate January 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I would also suggest “My Body” by Young the Giant. And “I Just Wanna Run” by The Downtown Fiction πŸ™‚ Both GREAT songs to run to!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter

14 Michelle January 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Add these songs stat:

Blackout – Breathe Carolina
Rumour Has It – Adele
Charlie Brown – Coldplay (Princess in China – Rhianna/Coldplay is also good)
Paris (or whatever the non-explicit version is called) – Kanye & Jay-Z
Uprising – Muse
I Don’t Feel Like Dancing – Scissor Sisters
Good Feeling – Flo Rida

These are my current favs πŸ™‚ Good luck this weekend!
Michelle recently posted..Excitement Is My Middle Name

15 Army Amy* January 5, 2012 at 6:26 pm

If you don’t have “Tearing up my Heart” By Nsync on there, you should! It’s a great song to run to!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Three Things Thursday

16 Meg at runridelove.com January 5, 2012 at 6:27 pm

The only reason I would live in florida would be for Disney! I just have such a soft-spot for it. It’s kind of embarrassing!
But I seriously want to do the disney marathon sometime (actually…I want to do the Goofy Challenge but I’m not very good at staying on task for training plans, and I think one would need a serious plan to pull that off.
Meg at runridelove.com recently posted..Back from the Tropics!

17 Nicole January 5, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I want to be a Fl. resident. I love Disney!
Nicole recently posted..So Here’s The Plan…

18 Emily @LivingLongfellow January 5, 2012 at 7:40 pm

I do this with mustard, and it totally works.
Emily @LivingLongfellow recently posted..Carrot Soup and Cow’s Tongue

19 Jamie January 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm
20 Court January 5, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Ragnar is so much fun you probably won’t even need a playlist! I did Chicago and never used music because the energy and fun are more than enough πŸ™‚ There are no official leg times so you can’t really PR at Ragnar, so everyone is chatty because they are there to have fun πŸ˜€ You are going to have a blast!

21 Beth January 5, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for recommending the article in the wsj. Pretty funny! My favorite was: 4. No one in the history of gyms has ever lost a pound while reading “The New Yorker” and slowly pedaling a recumbent bicycle. No one.

Love reading your blog every day!

22 Jess January 6, 2012 at 4:39 am

My running playlist is:

– Sweat – Snoop Dogg
– Something in the Water – Brooke Fraser
– Downtown – Kids of 88
– Under my skin – Gin Wigmore
– Walkie Talkie Man – Steriogram
– Newsflash – Diplo
– No Sleep Tonight – Faders
– ANYTHING SPICE GIRLS (yes, I am that person!)

23 Anna January 6, 2012 at 8:20 am

hahaha I totally do that with my meals…throw something in a bowl, include some frozen veggies, and usually reduced sugar or liquid aminos goes onto and I have lunch!

My favorite new songs are Beyonce Countdown and Rihanna You Da’ One! <3
Anna recently posted..AAH Tip #3–get outside of that box

24 Emily January 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hmmm… not a ketchup fan. Is that super weird?
Emily recently posted..Best.Husband.Ever

25 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

My play list is full of remixes from Britney Spears new(ish) remix CD that came out back in the fall. I love it but then again I might be slightly obsessed with Brit Brit. πŸ™‚ But, shes still good to run to!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..7 Saturday