more ยป" />

Another Free Run

by Meghann on December 30, 2011

Mornin’!

I had another ‘free’ run this morning with no garmin and no pace goals. Two miles out. Two miles back. Four miles total in 34:30.

The weather was the ideal running weather. Low humidity, temps in the high 40s, and a sun shining bright up above – this is why I love living in Florida. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was so great, that I took Maddie out for a mile walk when I returned and Derek just left to take Maddie on an additional 3 mile run with him. It’s too nice to keep her locked up inside!

I made a little peanut butter treat for breakfast.

One tortilla slathered with honey peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and strawberries then toasted under the broiler for 3 minutes. (Best version of a breakfast pizza ever)

Paired with a serving of greek yogurt and fresh strawberries.

Yum!

Derek and I have big plans today of taking the Christmas tree down today (*sniff*sniff) and finally putting away the Christmas presents that have been sitting in the middle of the living room since Sunday night. We plan to end 2011 on a clean note, at least that’s the goal!

Happy Friday everyone!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 30, 2011 at 10:24 am

Yumm! That breakfast looks so good!!

This year we slacked and din’t put up a tree, which was kind of sad…but now is kind of nice because taking it down does make me sad…will have to take down the one here at work, though!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..I <3 NYC: Day TWO

2 Allison December 30, 2011 at 10:25 am

A breakfast pizza sounds awesome! Did the tortilla hold up with all the toppings? We really should start putting our Christmas decorations away too since we have a 4-day weekend but I don’t want to ๐Ÿ˜›
Allison recently posted..โ€œLife is here, now.โ€

3 Mary @ food and fun on the run December 30, 2011 at 10:35 am

We took our tree down last night. And the holiday cups are no longer at my local Starbucks. The holidays really are over ๐Ÿ™

4 Sarah December 30, 2011 at 10:37 am

yumm breakfast pizza! Strawberries have been sounding soo good to me lately! Taking down the christmas tree always makes me so sad.. I have a feeling that will happen on Sunday for us. Boo ๐Ÿ™
Sarah recently posted..Opposite Ends of the Spectrum

5 Army Amy* December 30, 2011 at 11:02 am

I put my decorations away yesterday, and I feel much less cluttered today. You’ll feel so good after you do it!*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD: Race Goals

6 Bee Goes Bananas December 30, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’ve always wanted to try a music-free run. Whenever I hear the sound of myself breathing during a run, it throws me off and makes my breathing erratic. I need to learn how to keep my breathing calm and not think about it too much when I’m not blasting the tunes!
Bee Goes Bananas recently posted..Colourful Bean Salad

7 Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals December 30, 2011 at 11:17 am

spelled ‘night’ instead of ‘nice’ at the beginning of the post ๐Ÿ™‚

and i know ! i am dressed in capris/tshirt and going outside with wet hair.

it’s fab!
Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..What I May/ May Not Do Next Yearโ€ฆ

8 Meghann December 30, 2011 at 11:30 am

thank you! I fixed it ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life December 30, 2011 at 11:40 am

We’re taking down our tree today, too. I hate finalizing that the holidays are done!
Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life recently posted..Amore

10 Emily December 30, 2011 at 11:47 am

Have you just run the same route so often that you know its two miles? That’s my struggle with the “free run” concept (and garmin less running!)
Emily recently posted..Morning Gym Time!

11 Meghann December 30, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Yep! I know all of the routes backwards and forwards around my house. I could tell you a 3 mile route, 4 mile route, 5 mile route, and 6 mile route with no help of a GPS

12 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups December 30, 2011 at 11:58 am

I always hate taking down Christmas decorations. So much planning and thought go into them, then just like that, it’s over!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Looking back and ahead

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 30, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I love a good tortilla slathered in nut butter—so freakin’ delicious!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..You Never Regret A Workout

14 RunEatRepeat December 30, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I’ve really been enjoying no pressure runs lately ๐Ÿ™‚ Puts the fun back in it.
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Monica Runs on Dunkin

15 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 30, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I’ve been doing “free runs” since the beginning of the month after my last half and they are so refreshing! I actually planned to strap the Garmin on for the first time today for a run later but now I’m second guessing that. I kind of like the “not knowing” attitude ๐Ÿ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Polenta squares with mushroom ragu

16 Jess December 30, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I stopped running with my garmin regularly months ago because of how “freeing” it felt. But now that I signed up for a race in April I know I’m going to have to start wearing it again otherwise my training would be super lazy!
Jess recently posted..Happy New Year!

17 Cait's Plate December 30, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Yogurt, peanut butter and strawberries is a combo you absolutely can’t go wrong with!

Glad you enjoyed the run!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Natureโ€™s VItamins

18 joelle (on a pink typewriter) December 30, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Seriously, you make me want to move to FL, as if I didn’t need further convincing.. my boyfriend’s been living down there (stationed w the military) and it’s GORGEOUS.

19 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 31, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I always think it’s so sad to take down the christmas tree!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Travel Time!