Resolutions (or lack thereof)

by Meghann on December 29, 2011

Good Morning!

Only a couple of days left in 2011, do you have your resolutions in order?

I went back to look for the resolutions I made for 2011 to see how well I kept up with them, but it turns out I never made any. Oops. I guess that means I don’t have to worry about missing any of them. πŸ˜‰

I’m still thinking of some good ones for 2012. I have a few goals in mind health-wise and professional-wise, I just need to take the time to sort them out. I think 2012 is going to be a good year. πŸ™‚

Do you make resolutions? Any good ones in place for 2012?

I know one of my resolutions will be to see New Rules of Lifting For Women to the end. I completed stage 5B this morning, which means stage 5 is officially done and done. I only have three more stages until left – that’s roughly 3 months? Give or take. I can do it!

After my session at the gym, I came home and made a bowl of cereal with greek yogurt.

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Chex
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Erewhom Cocoa Brown Rice Crispies
  • Vanilla Chobani
  • Strawberries <– the Florida season is here!
  • Cacao Nibs

Disney Marathon Tips

Are you running the Disney Marathon next weekend?!

It still remains one of my favorite races (I don’t care what other people say about the course, I ran the race and LOVED it), but it also falls on the same weekend as Ragnar; and a 48-hr relay race that runs from Miami to Key West was just too cool of an opportunity to pass up. Maybe next year I’ll have my chance at the house of mouse again.

Until then, here’s a post I wrote last year for Central Florida Top 5 with some great tips for race day. Please feel free to leave your own tips in the comments of the post!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 29, 2011 at 10:10 am

Yes! You should do WDW in 2013 – it will be the 20th anniversary of the race πŸ˜€

2 Katie December 29, 2011 at 10:13 am

i did ragnar florida keys last year…DEFINITELY one of the BEST experiences of my life! such a great time, and such a beuatiful [200 mile] run!
Katie recently posted..Confessions of a Marathonwiner

3 SkinnyRunner December 29, 2011 at 10:17 am

disneyworld is on my list. i want to do the goofy challenge BAD.

4 Cait's Plate December 29, 2011 at 10:44 am

I’m not a big resolution person – I try to always be continuously improving myself no matter the time of year!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..There’s Just Nothing Like…

5 Elisabeth December 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

I’ve never been a big resolution person, but I do have one for 2012. I want to finally get my crap together & go back to school for a career change. I’ve been out of college for 7.5 years & bored with my career for probably at least 4 of those years. I’ve been talking about going back to school for way to long – time to stop mentally planning & do something! πŸ™‚

6 Christine @ BookishlyB December 29, 2011 at 10:56 am

I have mixed feelings about resolutions. Goals are great, but I think making a ton without a plan just because it’s 1/1 is a recipe for disaster.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Unabashedly Proud

7 Army Amy* December 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

The year that I resolved to run a 5k was stellar. (I ran a 5k that March and a full marathon by the end of the year.) It was so good, in fact, that I don’t make resolutions any more. I just know that I’ll never be that successful again!*
Army Amy* recently posted..The Inaugural Blend

8 Beth @ 990 Square December 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

My biggest Disney marathon tips are:

1) Don’t do the parks the day before you race!!!!! My running group of Disney fanatics has figured out that most people end up walking 8-10 miles a day at WDW doing normal park touring. Give your legs a break!

2) Don’t obsess about the early wake up time. Yes, you will have to get out of bed at 2.30 in the morning. You’ll survive. Running through a park as the sun comes up makes it all worth it!
Beth @ 990 Square recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 12.28.2011

9 Sarah December 29, 2011 at 11:25 am

Have an awesome time at Ragnar, anything that begins/ends/is near the Keys is great in my book!

I haven’t finalized my 2012 resolutions, but I do know I have 3 5k’s, a half marathon, and a 25k coming up in the first 1/2 of the year!
Sarah recently posted..Christmas Recap

10 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 29, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’m still figuring out my resolutions… I’ve got my race schedule tied up and paid for (for the most part) 2012, but there’s gotta be more than just races to keep me motivated! So I’m thinking of some, we’ll see what they turn out to be…
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Top 10 of 2011!

11 Hillary December 29, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I made a few goals this year instead of resolutions. I feel like goals are much more manageable and measurable, and that way I have a better chance of attaining them!
Hillary recently posted..Keeping It Personal (And Professional)

12 joelle (on a pink typewriter) December 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I love making resolutions/goals for the new year.. Last year I started a tradition of taping the list of goals to my bathroom mirror so that I’m constantly reminded, and it really worked!
joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Pumpkin cinnamon rolls

13 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I’m running the Disney Princess half and I’m so excited! It’s good to hear that you loved the course.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..A Few Scrapes

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 29, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I know someone who is running the half marathon! I actually considered the half because I wanted to get my first half done asap, but it was too cold to find one in Chicago. However, I decided to use my travel money to visit college friends in NC and SC instead!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Sparkle Sparkle.

15 Jessica December 29, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Isn’t there only 7 stages in NROLFW? Or did they change it? My book is a little older but it has the one optional stage (6 I think with all the pull-ups) then 7 where you do each workout only once…

So maybe you’ll be done sooner than 3 months!

16 Emily December 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I need to work on some fitness related resolutions. I have one resolution so far, which is to read one book per month at a minimum for the whole year. But I need to come up with something health related too!
Emily recently posted..Morning Gym Time!

17 Laura December 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I’m working on 2012 goals… not exactly resolutions, but things to work toward. I’m so jealous of fresh strawberries in December– yum!!
Laura recently posted..Home again, home again

18 theswanin.me December 29, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Hubby is doing the marathon next weekend for his 3rd time. Hells no for me! Not a runner here- he wishes I was LOL So please tell me what the nibs are like. They intimidate me πŸ™‚
theswanin.me recently posted..So. very. tired.

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I’m not really one to make resolutions but I do like to set out goals or “mantras” for the year. I am working on my list of goals for 2012 and I definitely want to successfully train and run my first race (I’m going for a 10k) and if that goes well, maybe train for a 1/2 marathon. I was midway through training for a 10k this year when my health put that on hold but now that it’s all moving behind me, I hope to get back to it!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // Vegetarian Chili

20 natalie (the sweets life) December 30, 2011 at 12:34 am

i’ve run RAGNAR 3 times–it’s my very favorite running event and definitely different than all others! we always have a team of 9 and run 4 times. if you have any questions beforehand, let me know…i’ve definitely learned a few lessons along the way πŸ™‚
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Bacon

21 Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty December 30, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I loved your WDW Marathon recap. I’m running it next week and it will be my first marathon. I’m pretty much scared sh**less. πŸ™‚
Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty recently posted..Pain is Temporary