more ยป" />

The Gift of Trader Joe’s

by Meghann on December 27, 2011

Good Morning! ๐Ÿ™‚

After a 20 minute warm-up on the treadmill, I wrapped up New Rules of Lifting for Women Stage 5A this morning.

I plan to finish stage 5B on Thursday, then take the weeklong break between stages before Ragnar next weekend. The timing worked our perfectly this time around, since I usually take a week off of strength training before races anyways. I’ll also put up my final recap next week. Once I cut down the rest times between sets, I really started to enjoy this stage. It was challenging, but not terrible – I liked it.

That’s 5 stages down and only 3 more to go!

My brother sent my sister and I a big care package of Trader Joe goodies for Christmas this year. The contents included a jar of almond butter, pumpkin butter, peanut butter pretzels, chocolate covered edamame, and a bag of blueberry muesli.

I’ve made my own museli in the past (using rolled oats, dried fruit, and nuts), but this was my first stab at a pre-made mix.

I combined a 1/2 cup of muesli with plain greek yogurt and a splash of milk and let it sit for five minutes before topping the mix with fresh strawberries, almond butter, and pumpkin spice granola.

I’m not sure what it was, but the flavor of the blueberry muesli mix just seemed off. I wasn’t as big of a fan as I thought I would be. Maybe I should have let it sit longer?

Eh. You win some, you lose some.

I’m off to play catch-up with work. I took the last four days off and it’s really starting to pile up. Does this means Christmas is really over?! booooo

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 27, 2011 at 10:27 am

I really, really hate blueberry museli. I love so many museli, but blueberry tastes like feet to me. It’s no good.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Apple Fritters Taste Like Desperation.

2 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy December 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

May be a bit far for you but theyre opening a TJ’s in Bonita Springs, FL in January! At least you wont have to hop a plane to find Trader Joes goodies! ๐Ÿ˜€
I’m still stuffing my suitcase however ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City December 27, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’ve used the blueberry muesli in place of oatmeal in overnight oats and liked it that way. Maybe give that a try?
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..The Farm

4 Diana December 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

Congrats on finishing another stage! You are so dedicated.

It was very thoughtful of him to send you a package from Trader Joes. I lived in Philadelphia for a little while and I would always do some grocery shopping there. It was such good food and such great prices!
Diana recently posted..Barefoot is the way to go!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 27, 2011 at 11:43 am

I LOVE trader Joe’s but I’ve never tried their museli! Too bad it wasn’t great
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Mollyโ€™s First Christmas

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I still have another week off work (I work for a school district), and I am loving it … it will be incredibly difficult to return! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Christmas Bingo Game

7 Cait's Plate December 27, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I know, I was NOT a happy camper coming back into work today!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Chias & Berries

8 wymberley December 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I would let it sit longer. Maybe make some muffins with it?
wymberley recently posted..Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments and A Little Christmas Deer

9 Elisabeth December 27, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Major bummer on going back to work – I will be back tonight (3rd shift), too…

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 27, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I love lifting—such a great start to the day ๐Ÿ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Foam Roller (and Christmas) Magic

11 Angela December 27, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Ugh, back to work. I go back tomorrow. I’m trying to console myself by saying it’s a short week with another long weekend coming up. Good luck on the Museli. I’ve never tried Trader Joe’s brand only homemade.

12 Sarah December 27, 2011 at 4:21 pm

What a great gift! I think a TJ’s care package sounds wonderful, as the closest TJ’s to Denver is in Santa Fe…6 hours away!
Sarah recently posted..Happy Short Week

13 Army Amy* December 27, 2011 at 4:24 pm

The only time I have ever had museli was in Germany this summer. I thought that it tasted really weird, but I assumed it was some strange European thing that I just didn’t get.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Our First Deployed Christmas