New Toys

by Meghann on December 26, 2011

Goooooooddddd Moorrrrnnniiinnggg!!!

Catching up on holiday posts?

How was your Christmas? Did you get everything you wanted? I ate delicious food, spent quality time with family, and got to catch up with old friends – I’d say that just about covers everything that was on my Christmas list this year. πŸ™‚

After a long weekend of fun, Derek and I passed out early last night. We were both asleep on the couch before 10:00. I think the same thing happened last year, let’s just call it a new Christmas Day tradition for us.

My alarm went off at the normal 6:00am time this morning, but I squeezed in a few extra minutes of sleep by pressing the snooze button a couple of times before finally getting up and lacing up my running shoes.

I wasn’t able to run at all over the weekend, so it felt great to just get out and run. I did my normal 6 mile route and just took a moment to let all of the festivities from the weekend really soak in. There was so much happiness and joy, I just want to remember that feeling forever.

Unfortunately I left my Garmin at my parents’ house, so it was a blind run. I knew the distance and I wore a stop watch for the total time, but I had no idea what my splits were or pace at any given time. At first I was annoyed I had left the Garmin, but I’ll have it back on Friday and sometimes it’s freeing to run at my own pace without worrying what the Garmin reads. It was a great run. πŸ™‚

I was really excited to have the chance to test out the new Lululemon skirt my parents’ gave me for Christmas.

IMG_3859.jpg IMG_3864.jpg

Lululemon really makes the best running skirts. They don’t ride up, have fun ruffles, the waist band doesn’t dig in at all, and the skirts stays in place. I can’t wait to wear it for Ragnar next weekend!

Thanks Mom and Dad!!! :)

Keeping with the trend of testing out new Christmas presents… Derek and I broke out the new griddle his brother gave us for Christmas.

We followed this recipe for Blueberry Yogurt Multigrain Pancakes from Smitten Kitchen, only we left out the blueberries and lemon zest and traded the rye flour for cornmeal. It still came out great.

Chobani had sent a few of their new GIANT 32oz containers of yogurt. You can make a LOT of pancakes with that!

Making 5 pancakes at a time was much better than one at a time in our dinky pan. Thank you Tyler and Rachel, we love it! πŸ™‚

IMG_4545.JPG IMG_4546.JPG IMG_4548.JPG IMG_4550.JPG

I had two pancakes with yogurt and a heated mix of pears and pumpkin butter.

Pancake perfection.

I have one more Christmas present I’ve been dying to play with.

IMG_4561.jpg

I’m not sure Derek quite knew what he was getting himself into when he gave that to me yesterday morning. Get ready to sing you’re heart out babe! πŸ˜‰

1 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted December 26, 2011 at 11:06 am

Haha – my sister got Just Dance 3 and we all had so much fun. Enjoy!
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Common Ground

2 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 26, 2011 at 11:13 am

Ha, that Glee karaoke looks fun!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon

3 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 26, 2011 at 11:19 am

What a fun Christmas! I love that skirt! Too cute!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..A Surprise Package

4 katie December 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Im so glad you had a wonderful christmas! Loved reading all your christmas recaps! <3
katie recently posted..Post Christmas Blues

5 Shannon @ Mon Amour December 26, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Seems like running garmin-less is becoming a big trend this December! It definitely is freeing not worrying about maintaining a certain pace
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..Running With A Dog

6 Army Amy* December 26, 2011 at 1:16 pm

The griddle looks really cool! I bet you’ll get lots of use out of it.*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD Training: T-Minus 1 Week

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Glee Karaoke!?!? That sounds like a lot of fun! And I’m glad you had a great Christmas!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Avis’s Cinnamon Rolls

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Yum, those pancakes look delicious!! And I need a bigger griddle like that one. I can usually only fit two pancakes on mine … and I’m way too impatient for that! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Christmas Bingo Game

9 kathleen @ the daily crumb December 26, 2011 at 2:42 pm

those pancakes look delicious! and what a super cute running skirt:)
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..breakfast out + back on track.

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 26, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Oh HOW fun! I want a griddle someday too-sounds awesome!

CUTE skirt
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Happy Healthy Holidays

11 Corey @ Learning Patience December 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm

wow – LOVE the lulu running skirt – so cute!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Mimosas and Merry Christmas…a day late

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 26, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Mmmm! I love breakfast foods for dinner. I think tomorrow I may have to do french toast and pop the rest of my lasagna in the freezer. Yep, I think that sounds like a good idea. πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday

13 Erin December 26, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Smitten Kitten = Smitten Kitchen?

14 Meghann December 26, 2011 at 10:13 pm

You’re right! I fixed it. πŸ™‚

15 Lindsay, Chobani December 26, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Meghann! Thanks for including us in your pancakes, you’re right, 32 oz. of CHO can make a hugeeee stack. Enjoy πŸ™‚

16 Janine @ ThePurpleGiraffe December 26, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Pears AND pumpkin butter?! Sounds heavenly!

I recently (like, less than a month ago) bought myself a Garmin, and admit it’s addicting knowing all that data about the run, but it is nice to run without it sometimes… *blushes* I just bought the foot pod for indoor runs with a gift card that Santa bought me…
Janine @ ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Virtual 10k Race & Christmas Recap!