Crazy Dog People

by Meghann on December 23, 2011

It’s official. We’ve turned into crazy dog people.

Currently dogs are outnumbering people in my parents’ house. We have two mixed labs, one jack russell terrier, one schnauzer, and one boxer. We get extra points for being equal opportunity crazy dog people, right? πŸ˜‰

Ok, enough dog photos.

Kelly and I enjoyed some extra sleep this morning before heading out on a nice 6 miler. We ran a route around my parents’ house that I hadn’t ran in a while and gossiped about everything under the sun. I <3 my sister!

The run felt great. Kelly and I maintained a conversational 9:00min/mi pace and only stopped to tie our shoes. The great part about running in my parents’ neck of the woods is cars are rare and there are no major intersections to cross. Just a straight shot down familiar roads I know like the back of my hand.

By the time we made it back home my Dad was already prepping breakfast. He’s the best. πŸ™‚

Homemade potato hashbrowns with lots of garlic, onion, and spice.

Two scrambled eggs

Apple slices

And a roll that had been buttered and grilled. (My Dad’s latest specialty that he can’t seem to get enough of.)

I can always count on my Dad to make killer meals when ever I’m home. I think he loves cooking for us just as much as we love eating it. It’s really a win-win.

X-Mas Baking Fest ’11 is about to commence.

On the menu we have:

• sugar cookies
  • yule log
  • ginger molasses cookies
  • pumpkin bread
  • and more!

Who’s ready to bake?!?!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 23, 2011 at 9:52 am

A grilled roll sounds pretty darn amazing.

Merry Christmas, Meghann!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..All Dogs Go to Heaven

2 Victoria (District Chocoholic) December 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

Yule log! Those things are so much fun. The best part is shaping the “bark” with a fork.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Cranberry Bark: Two Types of Chocolate and Two Types of Cranberry

3 Rachel f December 23, 2011 at 10:02 am

Remember to add the eggs! But I bet Santa would love crumbly cookies too.

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

Have fun baking today! We’ll be at my parent’s house for Xmas Eve with our weimaraner, 2 pointers and 2 greyhounds. Lord help us!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Nutcracker cookies & lessons in falafel

5 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

I am for sure a crazy dog person. They are just too cute! Good luck baking!

6 Meg at runridelove.com December 23, 2011 at 10:30 am

My parents house right now is exactly the same situation. We have 5 dogs as well (4 springer spaniels and a foxhound!) All very high energy. It’s a madhouse here. We love it (except my dad maybe…ha).
Meg at runridelove.com recently posted..Hectic Holidays

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 23, 2011 at 10:43 am

Haha my friend’s house is the same at Christmas, they have 4 dogs when everyone comes home!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Christmas Cookie Extravaganza!

8 Deva @ Deva by Definition December 23, 2011 at 10:46 am

The Boy’s mom makes some amazing cookies at the holidays. I baked chocolate chip ones last night, but that’s all I am going to bake until after the first of the year!

9 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) December 23, 2011 at 10:56 am

Dogs rule! Better a crazy dog person than a crazy cat person, I think. πŸ™‚ Those potatoes look so good!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Christmas cheer

10 Cait's Plate December 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

Mmm – I want a piece of that menu!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Hot Cocoa Friday

11 Kate @Pastafreerunner December 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

Could be worse, my family is a bunch of crazy cat people! Have a great Christmas and enjoy the baking!
Kate @Pastafreerunner recently posted..A Christmas Trip and catchup!

12 Jess December 23, 2011 at 11:14 am

Baking is so much more fun when done in your parents kitchen! Or maybe that’s just me because I have a small apartment kitchen and my parents have a HUGE one.
Jess recently posted..Chocolate Covered Pretzels

13 Army Amy* December 23, 2011 at 11:30 am

I think it’s so cute that your dad is always cooking up good food! It makes me majorly jealous!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Never Having to Say You’re Sorry

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 23, 2011 at 11:57 am

I want to make a yule log one day! Have fun baking πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Healthy Skin Care Routine

15 Kathy December 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm

LOVE the dog photos!! It just looks so homey…..then you added your dad’s breakfast photos and took it over the top!!

Throw in a good Mary, Joseph and Jesus story and its looking like the perfect Christmas!
Kathy recently posted..5 days….

16 Lynda@ Hit The Road Jane December 23, 2011 at 12:35 pm

aww!! I’m a crazy dog lover without a dog right now. Mine is living with my mum down south so I’m trying to convince the SO to get one for Christmas. You know like the gift that keeps on giving? πŸ˜€
Lynda@ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Jacksonville Bank Half Marathon 2011 Recap

17 Chris December 23, 2011 at 3:54 pm

UI am attempting my first yule log tomorrow! hoping some pics and tips from you ladies!

18 Hillary December 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Very jealous of your baking fest. I’d love to spend my night getting my bake on!
Hillary recently posted..Workin’ On My Fitness

19 Corey @ Learning Patience December 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Have a fun baking day! LOVE all the doggie pics….oh how i want a dog!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..The 9-11 Memorial

20 BroccoliHut December 23, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Haha! That sounds like our Thanksgiving–we had 7 dogs and 7 people.
We lost our old JRT on Dec.1st, so we’ll have one less canine around this Christmas, but we’ll have plenty of dogs around to keep the spirit going πŸ™‚

21 Alaina December 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

That breakfast looks so good!

And all of the dogs are so adorable. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Half at the Hamptons – Week 4 (and a Virtual 10k)