Oh My!

by Meghann on December 21, 2011

Sometimes no explanation is needed.

Just photos of a snack-ful lunch will do.

Cheese, olives, walnuts, apple slices, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, hummus, and pita wedges – oh my!

That is all. πŸ™‚

Winner! Winner!

And the random winner for the Five Bamboo Holiday Dress is….

Screen shot 2011-12-21 at 1.29.11 PM.png

CONGRATS Lacey! Please send an email to mealsandmiles@gmail.com with all your information, so that the dress will be on it’s way!

Remember! You can still use the discount code mealsandbamboo for 15% off all FiveBamboo orders until the end of the year. Orders placed by Thursday at 12pm EST using overnight shipping, will arrive by Christmas!

Random question of the day:

What are you baking for the holidays this year? Any cookie recipes worth sharing?! πŸ˜‰

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Your food pics have been looking really crisp and beautiful lately, Meghann!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..wordless wednesday.

2 Meghann December 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

There is an apricot brandy cake (like a pound cake) in my oven right now for Christmas Eve. It is honestly, the tastiest cake I’ve ever had but with 2 sticks of butter, 3 cups of sugar and brandy galore, I’m not sure how it couldn’t be πŸ˜‰
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Chocolate dipped clementines

4 Meghann December 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm

That sounds good! And you should see my shopping list for tomorrow night – I’m going to need 8 sticks of butter for everything i want to make. At least I know it’s all going to be good!

5 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl December 21, 2011 at 1:47 pm

You are right. Sometime photos will just do. Cheese and apples and triscuits is a normal yummy snack of mine. πŸ˜‰
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Three words to inspire a new year

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Mmmm tasting plates make the best lunches!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Recap: Try Something New Tuesday 88

7 Amanda December 21, 2011 at 2:10 pm

That’s my kind of lunch! I love lots of different tastes, and olives are always a good idea.

I’m baking my chewy chocolate chip fig cookies, and some homemade peppermint patties. Sugar overload!

Amanda recently posted..A Taste of Texas

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 21, 2011 at 2:20 pm

mmmm that tasting plate looks AWESOME!

I wanted to win soo bad……gotta use that discount!

9 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 21, 2011 at 2:24 pm

That plate looks fancy and completely delicious πŸ˜‰
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..It’s a Wrap

10 Sana December 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I feel like I just keep snaking from breakfast till lunch and eat a real meal for dinner. It works!
Sana recently posted..10 Reasons why SuperSana is more relatable than a magazine

11 Dee @ Confessions of a Happy Girl December 21, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Im baking up a storm today. Birthday treats for one of the lululemon educators. I’m making harry potter butterbeer cupcakes, seasalt caramels, and lemon ricotta cupcakes. Baking for christmas I’m doing croissants, pain au chocolate, dinner rolls, pumpkin roll, pumpkin mousse shooters, chocolate cream pie, strawberry tartlettes.
Dee @ Confessions of a Happy Girl recently posted..Gone but Never Forgotten

12 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm

gotta love a snack platter for lunch!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Homemade holiday treats – chilli lime nut mix

13 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm

CHEEESAAAY! I love cheese.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..The Day I Became Friends with a Tortoise.

14 LauraJayne December 21, 2011 at 4:31 pm

You are SO right – that meal didn’t need words! I think I’m going to replicate it for dinner!
LauraJayne recently posted..Ode To Oatmeal

15 Corey @ Learning Patience December 21, 2011 at 4:58 pm

that has been my go to snack/lunch/dinner of the week so far…veggies, cheese and crackers and hummus.

<3 these cookies….i swear they are SO amazing!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..WIAW – Love and Lentils

16 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I love snack plate lunches/dinners! So much variety!
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Pancakes and popcakes

17 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 21, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Isn’t it amazing how beautiful lunch can look?! Looks yummy!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Serial Killer or Sweet Old Lady?

18 Kate December 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm

My all time favorite cookie recipe is chocolate peppermint patty cookies- just two homemade chocolate cookies with peppermint frosting in the middle, sandwich them together and roll in crushed candy canes. SO good!
Kate recently posted..Holiday Survey

19 Army Amy* December 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I’m doing zero baking this year! I intend to put my feet up and relax instead!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Mojo

20 tara December 21, 2011 at 6:23 pm

this comment is off topic, but I started watching Felicity after seeing you were loving it. I was in need of a new netflix show to waste hours watching. Anyway I finished it pretty quick… loved it!!!! Any other addicting-like shows that you have found since?

21 Meghann December 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

Right now I’m watching One Tree Hill ( a little embarrassed on that one, but it’s just as addicting in that teenage soap opera sort of way πŸ˜‰ )

Also, some NetFlix Favorites –> Brothers & Sisters, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Dawson’s Creek, My So-Called Life, Greek, Arrested Development, and I’m sure I’m leaving out a million more. πŸ™‚

22 tara December 22, 2011 at 10:04 am

Thanks!! Oh I understand the One Tree Hill love. I watched that a few years ago and I still watch reruns on tv when I see them. You might like Friday Night Lights, it’s about a high school football team in Texas. It reminded me a lot of OTH but different sport. Very addicting!! There’s one guy in the show you’ll be drooling over by the end of the series . It’s on Neflix instant play. Enjoy! πŸ˜‰

23 Meghann December 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

Yes! I’ve been meaning to watch that show! It’s on my list. I have another one to send your way – Veronica Mars! Watch it. Now. SOOOOO addicting, you won’t want to stop!

24 tara December 22, 2011 at 10:15 am

Great thanks I’ll add it to my list too! Watch out for Tim Riggins, he gets better each season.. and by better I mean hotter πŸ™‚

Merry Christmas!!

25 Joy December 25, 2011 at 3:36 am

I baked this year. I made up a recipe too… My husband wanted samoas (aka caramel delights) I didn’t want to spend $5.50 on a box!
So here’s what I did (I found a few recipes online but way beyond my cooking level)

1 bag of Betty Crocker oatmeal cookies (next time I’ll use sugar)
1 bag of coconut
1/3 bag of chocolate chips
1 jar caramel sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 egg

Toast half the coconut at 350 stirring often until tan. Mix everything together an cook on parchment paper at 350 for 8-12 minutes or until slightly browned then cool on a rack.
Joy recently posted..50 questions #39