Yogurt Schmear

by Meghann on December 19, 2011

Good Morning!

Happy week before Christmas! Here’s hoping to a quiet week followed by a weekend full of friends, family, and loved ones. πŸ™‚

I was at the gym this morning for a session of NROLFW Stage 5A, only I grabbed 5B instead of 5A, so I did 5B instead. No biggie.

I upped the weights this week and lowered the number of sets from four to three. It made for a quicker, more challenging workout that I really enjoyed. I was in an out in 45 minutes with a sore muscles and a smile on my face. πŸ™‚

Breakfast was the last of a lot of things thanks to my need to go grocery shopping.

The last of a container of plain Chobni mixed with the last of a jar of Pumpkin Butter and the last of a jar peanut butter on top of the last two pieces of toast with a sprinkle of raisins and pumpkin spice granola (still have plenty of those left).

I wanted to do a pumpkin/peanut butter/pumpkin butter mix, but we were out of cans of pumpkin. The thick Chobani worked great as a filler because there wasn’t enough left for a bowl of yogurt and cereal, but there was just enough for a creamy smear. The greek yogurt schmear resembled a whipped cream cheese topping and would have been fabulous on a bagel too. πŸ˜‰

On the side I had the last apple for a bag in the fridge.

It feels strange that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both fall on a weekend because then there really isn’t any excuses for a short work week.

Does your company give any extra days off? Or is it business as usual through Friday and back to work on Monday?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 19, 2011 at 10:24 am

This week is normal, but we have Monday (12/26) off πŸ™‚
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..I’m gonna be a part of it…

2 Caitlin C. December 19, 2011 at 10:24 am

We are shut down from Christmas to New Year’s which is awesome, because for my annual FL vacation I don’t need to use any PTO!! That greek yogurt schmear is a great idea, I keep finding more and more uses for Chobani and I just can’t get enough haha
Caitlin C. recently posted..Maybelline Winners and Hidden Gems

3 Sana December 19, 2011 at 10:24 am

I am off from the 23rd to the 3rd of Jan!

4 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 19, 2011 at 10:28 am

That looks super yummy! I can’t believe its almost time for Christmas! I’m so excited!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..Baking For A Cause (Giveaway)

5 Mary @ food and fun on the run December 19, 2011 at 10:29 am

We have off on Monday, and I am taking Friday off, so I went ahead and made it a long weekend for myself πŸ™‚ It is so weird that Christmas fall on a weekend for sure!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..A CrossFit Experience

6 Elisabeth December 19, 2011 at 10:33 am

I’m a lab scientist at a hospital…so we don’t get the perks that Mon-Fri workers do since we can’t close…ha! We are given 8 hours extra for the holiday that we can take as pay, an extra day off that week or save as a vacation time. I happen to have my days off for the week on 12/22 – 12/23 and on 12/25, so it works out all right for me and I don’t mind working Christmas Eve because I work the midnight shift, so I don’t even miss anything! πŸ˜‰

7 Athena @ Fitness & Feta December 19, 2011 at 10:38 am

I have a half day Friday and Monday off! Thank GOD!
Athena @ Fitness & Feta recently posted..Shedding Through the Season: Week 3

8 Cheryl December 19, 2011 at 10:44 am

We get off the Monday after. I think most corporate jobs with paid holidays have to still give you the time off, right?
Cheryl recently posted..CR Beginner 5k – Week 5

9 Courtney December 19, 2011 at 10:52 am

I’m taking time off from 12/22 through 1/2. Whoohoo, vacation!! πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Weekly Wrap-Up: One Month In!

10 Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk December 19, 2011 at 11:04 am

We’re getting 1/2 a day Friday and all day Monday off from the comp. I also had some vacay I would lose if I didn’t use so I will also be off the 27-30 and of course the weekend. I won’t be back until January 2nd!! πŸ™‚
Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk recently posted..Pumpkin Pie

11 Lindsey December 19, 2011 at 11:06 am

We are lucky, I work this week till Friday but then I am off till Jan 3rd because my office is closed but we do have to use our vacation days still. Still a win in my mind though πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..One MORE Week

12 Glenneth December 19, 2011 at 11:14 am

We get Friday and Monday off, so a four day weekend for us.
Glenneth recently posted..Saturday Night Lights!

13 Allison December 19, 2011 at 11:18 am

I totes used up the last of our Greek yogurt with a messy [but delic] cereal- VitaTop bowl πŸ˜€ I love mixing in a little jam with Greek yogurt as a toast, waffle, or pancake topper!
Allison recently posted..We Owned The Night

14 Mallory @ Have Your Cake December 19, 2011 at 11:44 am

we get friday and monday off. woohoo!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..Out with the Old

15 Laura December 19, 2011 at 11:47 am

We have 12/26 and 1/2 off. YAYYYYYY.
Laura recently posted..Monday Morning Motivation

16 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 19, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I hate when you’re finishing off all the food from the last grocery shopping. That happened with my yogurt this morning πŸ™
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..This Is Sort Of Embarrassing…

17 Michelle December 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Business as usual. I even have to work Christmas Eve πŸ™

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I have the 26th thru the 2nd off!!! Wahoo!

Can’t wait πŸ™‚

Sounds like a fun morning for ya!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Childhood Obesity Controversy

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I’m working the whole week unfortunately. We have Monday the 26th and Friday the 30th off though. Weekend holidays stink πŸ™
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cookie extravaganza 2011

20 Amanda December 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm

We always get Christmas through New Years off. Some years that means more time off than others. Looking forward to the downtime though!

21 Sarah December 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm

We get 3 or 4 day weekends for the holidays my company recognizes, so we get this Friday + next Monday off for Christmas, then a 3 day weekend for NYE. I’m taking Wednesday and Thursday off this week too, yay for a 2 day work week, then back to back 4 day’ers!

22 wymberley December 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I bought my first container of plain yogurt yesterday. Im afraid! I want to try it is a savory way buy I may do this idea with my sweet potato butter.
wymberley recently posted..Jingle Bell Hell Recap

23 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Working in retail means it’s business as usual, though busier business. Some day I hope to have short work weeks or be able to fly home to see my family ON Christmas but for now I know it comes with the territory.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // A Charlie Brown Christmas

24 Army Amy* December 19, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I’m a teacher, so I get the same amount of time regardless of where the holidays falls. On the flip side, I go back to work on January 2nd (which seems really early!) bc of how the days fall.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Watch what you say

25 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 19, 2011 at 2:20 pm

We have Monday off, and then my husband and I both took Tuesday off too. I’m all about short weeks, and am so glad to not have to be at work much next week!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Monday Motivation!

26 Elizabeth December 19, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I get this Thursday as a half day (noon) and then I have until the 2nd off! With pay!! I am super pumped !

27 Katie December 19, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I got Monday of next week off, but am taking the other 4 days of the week.
Katie recently posted..Looking Forward to….Christmas!

28 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness December 23, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Monday we are off! A little break from work is always amazing, but after the holidays we have to wait months before another paid day off!
I am drooling over your schmear! What a great use of the last of everything:)