more ยป" />

Favorite Christmas Songs

by Meghann on December 13, 2011

Lunch time!

Shopping while hungry strikes again… I saw this Oscar Mayer Carving Board Oven Roasted Turkey Breast on sale at Publix and couldn’t resist picking a package up. Usually I’m not the biggest fan of pre-packaged lunch meat (I’m very particular about my lunch meat), but the extra thick carved pieces of turkey breast really appealed to me. Plus, the sale + coupon didn’t hurt (I’ve become a crazy coupon clipping lady ever since I scored a Groupon deal for the Sunday paper delivery!)

I made a sandwich using the carving board turkey, spinach, and spicy mustard in some leftover baguette from last night’s dinner.

The carving board style turkey didn’t taste like regular sliced turkey at all. The thicker pieces were more flavorful and had a much fresher taste to them than typical processed lunch meat. Two thumbs up. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was going to keep it simple with carrots sticks on the side, but decided to slice the carrots and heat them up at the last minute. Back in college I had two roommates that couldn’t stand cooked carrots. Me? I prefer them that way. So much better than raw carrots. ๐Ÿ™‚

There was also a string cheese stick simply because I decided the plate was missing something and I couldn’t decide what. The string cheese worked just fine.

My friends over at Drink Chia had sent me their new Mango Tangerine flavor to sample a few weeks ago. I’ve tried the Strawberry Citrus flavor in the past and LOVED it, but wasn’t a big fan of their Pear flavor. The Mango Tangerine sounded just tropical enough that I knew it would win me over.

IMG_3176.jpg IMG_3178.jpg

The verdict? It was good! The mango tangerine flavoring was very light and not too sweet. Plus, the chia seeds gave it a nice chew.

The first time I had a Drink Chia the chia seeds freaked me out a tad, but I think they’ve grown on me. You just have to drink a couple until the drink + chewing habit becomes second nature. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Favorite Christmas Songs

Once November rolls around I become a little obsessed with Christmas music. My car radio stays glued to the 24 hour Christmas music stations and my iTunes library suddenly becomes full of holiday classics that range anywhere from ‘White Christmas’ to ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’

This year I went extra crazy downloading new christmas albums to add to my obsession, including:

Love them!

Of course, those are just the ones I’ve downloaded and fell in love with this year, those don’t include the hundred or so in my Itunes library from years past. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve found people either hate christmas music or they love it. I’m a lover, but what about you? Lover or a hater? If you’re a lover, what’s your favorite Christmas song?

1 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I don’t know about choosing a single SONG, but the Hanson Christmas album will forever be a fave of mine.

as is the three you just mentioned. ๐Ÿ˜‰ good taste, my dear.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Speaking of Style…

2 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 13, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Michael Buble is byfar my favorite muffin.

You must have been freaked out by the Chia cocktails at HLS — apparently it was interesting. Drink Chia is sending me some products today, glad you liked this flava!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Five Steps to Stay Fitfluential During the Holidays!

3 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine December 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Lover! I’m a big fan of “Last Christmas” and “Bring a Torch, Janette Isabella”
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Holiday Gift Giving Ideas

4 Army Amy* December 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm

“I’ll be home for Christmas” is my fave holiday song!*

5 Elisabeth December 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I’m definitely a Christmas music lover! I have so many Christmas albums of all different types & could never pick a favorite song or album, but here are some that I love:

Michael Buble – Christmas
Aaron Neville – Soulful Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas Live
Josh Groban – Noel
Trans-Siberian Orchestra – The Lost Christmas Eve
Harry Connick Jr – When My Heart Finds Christmas
Il Divo – The Christmas Collection
Kenny G – Faith
NOW That’s What I Call Christmas (the first one – the others aren’t very good…)
Nat King Cole – Christmas Favorites
The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album
Winter Wonderland – an album put out by Sony in the 70’s & re-released as a CD in the 80’s – my first Christmas album ever!

Can you tell I enjoy Christmas songs…ha! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm

LOVER!
But my favorite is Domenic the Donkey, hands down! ๐Ÿ™‚
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Janine and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day…

7 Amanda December 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’m intrigued by that chia drink. I love bubble tea, so I bet I’d like it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Simple Lentil Soup with Lemon & Dill

8 Krystina (Organically Me) December 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I really want to try Drink Chia!

9 Laura @ My Pink Thumb December 13, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I don’t have a favourite christmas song, but I am LOVING the SHE&HIM christmas album!!

10 Laura December 13, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I ran my half on Sunday listening almost exclusively to the Glee Christmas cd ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m with your college friends though – anti cooked carrot. So mushy and bleh. Hand me a bag of baby carrots and I’ll munch on that for days.
Laura recently posted..Monday Morning Motivation

11 Samantha December 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love Christmas music and it always makes me sad when my friends are like “eh I don’t really like to listen to Christmas music.”

I am really into Straight No Chaser and Glee Christmas music this year too! As well as my old standbys including some N’sync and Rosie O’Donnel Christmas music lol. Good stuff.
Samantha recently posted..Return to the Pacement

12 Laura December 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Love Christmas music. My favourite when sung in church is ‘Good King Wenceslas’, but my favourite recorded carol is Il Divo’s ‘O Holy Night’.

I thought the version of ‘Do You Hear What I Hear’ on the new Glee album is pretty good!

13 Corey @ Learning Patience December 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm

That sandwhich looks delicious! Yum…
We love love love Michael Buble – we had the opportunity to see him live last year in Houston and he actually walked down the aslie and grabbed/shook my hand…SO dreamy.. You would have thought I was 16 all over again.. LOL

I have been meaning to download this new Christmas album now all week 0- thanks for the reminder!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Get ready to LAUGH

14 Shannon @ Mon Amour December 13, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I start listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. It is my favorite way to get in the holiday spirit
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..I Hate Taking Finals

15 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 13, 2011 at 4:01 pm

1) “Christmas All Over Again” by Tom Petty
2) “Christmas” by Blues Traveler
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Gingerbread granola

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Def a lover–I LOVE Christmas music. My fav is Charlotte Church “O Holy Night.” Perfection.

I like cooked carrots too!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Spiced Candied Nuts

17 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner December 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I LOVE Christmas music, but not until December 1st. Same with xmas lights… I’m weird.
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..baby girl: week 8

18 Lindsey December 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

The first Glee Christmas CD is my favorite! I just got the second CD and its good too, but not as good as the first I think.
Lindsey recently posted..The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!

19 Lacey @ Lake Life December 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I love Christmas music right around this time (2-ish weeks before Christmas, not too early). One year I had Christmas music playing at work from my comp and a co-worker literally SCREAMED across the office “I hate this music!” Funny thing is that she’s the religious one of the bunch…hmm.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Red Velvet Cake Pops

20 Colleen December 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm

My all time favorite Christmas song is: I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey. I heard it from my childhood friend. In college I told my friends about it and they wouldn’t believe me the song existed. So I played it for them and had the last laugh. Now every year around the holidays everyone lets each other know when we hear it. The holidays wouldn’t be the same without hearing it.

21 erica December 13, 2011 at 4:37 pm

glee christmas vol. 1 & 2, and michael buble are on rotation in my car!
erica recently posted..the holidaysโ€ฆbring it on!

22 Cait's Plate December 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I’ve been listening to ‘Christmas Radio” on Pandora since the end of November! I love Christmas music – all of it.

And I’ve seen those Chia drinks around…I’m so curious, I’m not sure how I would feel about swallowing something with texture!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Snow Globe

23 Hillary December 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I’m usually a Christmas music Grinch, but I do have a soft spot for the Glee version of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” !
Hillary recently posted..Notes From The Week

24 Cindy December 13, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I also love cooked carrots! Steamed, poached, sauteed, raw! YUM! ๐Ÿ™‚
Cindy recently posted..Bullfighting in Spain

25 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Ooh, love the Buble album! You really can’t go wrong with him, though ๐Ÿ˜‰
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Holiday Soiree 2011

26 Kristi @ Sweetly Fit December 13, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I’m going to be honest here and say that I’ve been loving Justin Bieber’s Christmas album. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristi @ Sweetly Fit recently posted..The Countdown

27 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 13, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I usually like most Christmas songs, but I rarely buy them since you listen to them for such a short time. Radio works for me!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..A Weight Training Myth โ€“ Guest Post

28 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith December 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I’ve been posting a “Favorite Christmas Song” a day on my blog! http://www.thestrengthoffaith.com/category/favorite-christmas-songs/ – it’s been so much fun. Such great music this time of year!
Sarah @ The Strength of Faith recently posted..Favorite Christmas Songs Part 15

29 Laura December 13, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I’ve always hated Christmas music, but for some reason I’m loving it this year.

Favorite song? Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses

30 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food December 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I actually really like the carving board turkey too! I love the way it tastes!
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..โ€˜Tis the Season

31 Mary December 13, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Favorite Christmas songs: “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”, and “Fruitcake.”

32 Nicole December 13, 2011 at 10:35 pm

That Michael Buble Christmas album is awesome! I love it! Well, except for his version of Santa Baby – it kind of creaps me out.
Nicole recently posted..Fog and Rain

33 Shannon December 13, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I’m loving the Michael Buble Christmas Album!!! His cover of All I want for Christmas is You is my favorite song this season!
Shannon recently posted..Taking a Breather

34 Whitney December 13, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Christmas music lover! I’ve been playing the Pandora station at work daily . Though I just looked โ€œI Want a Hippopotamus for Christmasโ€ (which I had forgotten about!) and had a giggling fit – thanks for the reminder!

35 Kim M. December 14, 2011 at 3:04 am

I’m obsessed with the She & Him Christmas album this year! Zooey Deschanel + Christmas=Amazing.

36 Stephanie December 14, 2011 at 5:55 am

I love Christmas music especially if it is glee relatwd

37 Cassie @ Back to Her Roots December 14, 2011 at 6:16 am

YAY for SNC! They are an a cappella group originally formed at Indiana University (my alma mater and current employer). The original members are the ones that tour and do albums, but the “club” is still active at IU bringing in new members of students every year. I just saw them do a holiday show on campus last weekend!

And another vote for the She & Him holiday album. Amazing.
Cassie @ Back to Her Roots recently posted..things iโ€™m diggingโ€ฆ

38 Tyler December 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I love Straight No Chaser! They are from my college and the original group use to perform at all our sorority parent’s weekends and other functions because our house mom was close with some of the members. I’m so excited to see them doing so well!

39 SpaceySteph December 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Hah, my sister hates cooked carrots and I can hardly stand them raw. Whenever my mom makes carrots of either kind she’s always like “Which one of you is going to eat this?”
As I’ve gotten older and tried to eat healthier I will sometimes suck it up and eat the raw ones if they sneak into my salad or something, but I still much prefer them cooked.
SpaceySteph recently posted..What I ate Wednesday- MCC Eats