Santa’s New Digs

by Meghann on December 10, 2011

Whoa! Santa’s Village got fancy!

This winter Santa is staying at his Ice Palace with his dear friend the Ice Princess. They were very busy today with tons of little boys and girls to see.

This was just a tiny part of the line that stretched clear across the mall to see Santa. A guard actually informed me it would be a TWO HOUR wait to see the man in red. WHAT?!?! TWO HOURS?!? There were dozens of families in the line holding children that ranged from tiny infants to wandering 10 year olds. Not one child was screaming or crying and everyone looked very patient and relaxed. Kudos to all of them. Serious kudos.

Me? I’m not that patient. Derek and I went to the mall hoping for a little inspiration for the last remaining family members on our christmas lists, but we got nada.

There was a lead or two in the parents’ department, but no purchases were made. Oh, well.

After a disappointing trip to the mall, we broke for lunch at Whole Foods and each had a slice of the Big Greek special of the week.

This pizza was insane. It was basically a greek salad on a pizza complete with dressing, olives, and creamy feta cheese. Even the crust was dusted with a greek infused seasoning and was so doughy and hot straight from the oven (we grabbed the first fresh slices from the pie.).

We eventually made it home where I had more luck online shopping than I did mall shopping. I’m really into personalized gifts this year and have had way too much fun on Etsy, Zazzle, and iPhoto. 😉

Dinner was a big pot of split pea soup with sweet potato, ham, and walnuts.

Not sure why, but it was extra green tonight. Derek and I dined while watching cheesy christmas musics and finally getting around to wrapping some x-mas presents that Mr. UPS had dropped off this week.

For dessert I had a Chocolate VitaTop with pumpkin ice cream.

We may not have had much luck today, but our tree is still starting to fill out with presents.

IMG_2880.jpg

Only 15 more days until Christmas!!

How is your holiday shopping going? Any luck?

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 10, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Is that a joke?!? TWO HOURS? Sorry, but I’d rather see Santa on MY time.

Slash I want/need that pizza. Looks magical.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Greek Men + Prose-spiration.

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 10, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I’ve got not a single present yet! But, we did get the tree up and the house decorated today! baby steps….
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sugar plum balls

3 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Oh gosh, I canMt believe it’s only 15 days! It’s weird in law school because to me the holidays havent started and won’t for another week!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Becoming an RD – Guest Post!

4 Shannon December 10, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I love putting presents under the tree! All my gifts are wrapped and awaiting Christmas day gifting under my little tree and it makes me feel so festive 🙂

5 Kristabel December 10, 2011 at 11:23 pm

That pizza looks so fresh, filling and delicious. Um, yum!

6 Army Amy* December 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I shopped for my husband already, but that’s it. I’m way behind this year!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Pumped Up Kicks

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 10, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Oh yah, def NEVER waiting in line to see Santa when I have kids 😉 No patience here. I’ll have the husband dress up and pretend. Hehe.

Yep, almost ALL done with the shopping!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On : Reverse Fly

8 Phyllin phat December 11, 2011 at 1:15 am

Yikes!! We are suppose to be shopping for others!?! I’ve only bought stuff for myself
Phyllin phat recently posted..It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times (Part 2)

9 erica December 11, 2011 at 3:02 am

i too went on a shopping mission and came out with only 1 gift 🙁
erica recently posted..the holidays…bring it on!

10 Sarah December 11, 2011 at 8:19 am

oh gosh I haven’t even started.. I’m going to do all of my shopping after finals are over!
Sarah recently posted..No Stress Challenge

11 Allison December 11, 2011 at 8:44 am

I have been having a VitaTop + ice cream + whipped cream every night for the past couple of weeks [lost track] and am lovinggg it! If only my supply would never run out 😛
Allison recently posted..Best Batch Yet

12 Cait @ Beyond Bananas December 11, 2011 at 11:43 am

I am not patient like that either!! I hate waiting in line! I don’t think I could ever wait 2 hours to see Santa. Though I must admit.. his pad is pretty awesome!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Weekly Workout Wrap-Up … with a Dog.

13 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 11, 2011 at 11:49 am

Ummm..haven’t even started holiday shopping yet!! :S Good job with yours though!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Happiness in a lid

14 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith December 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I was at Bass Pro Shops the other day and watched this poor mom, who has waited in a long line, get up to Santa, have her kid scream bloody murder and try to lunge out of Santa’s lap. Not really a great Christmas card picture …

(Or perhaps a really funny one?)
Sarah @ The Strength of Faith recently posted..Saturday Blessings

15 Kali December 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I just saw Naples listed on the “stores coming soon” list on the Trader Joe’s website! I feel like I can finally move back to Florida! It has nothing to do with this post but it made me think of you so I thought I would delurk at last…

16 Kim December 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm

That pizza looks amazing!
Kim recently posted..Time flies when you’re not at work

17 Courtney December 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I had lots of luck at Carson Pirie Scott… great deals! I’m done with Xmas shopping, now I just have to get baking!
Courtney recently posted..Home is Wherever…

18 Laura December 11, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I’ve been sitting here wondering how long before I can officially call it lunchtime and now that I’ve seen that pizza, I’m even more starving!

I finished my Christmas shopping last week. I don’t think I could handle being a last-minute shopper! I get stressed enough over stuff without adding to it. 🙂

19 Corey @ Learning Patience December 11, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Wow…that’s the fanciest santaland I’ve ever seen… wowsa!

Happy that no gifts are being purchased this year…only college savings for the nephews and plane tickets to come visit….makes it SO much easier!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Week 24

20 Katie @ Livehalffull December 11, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I have that wrapping paper as well! So far I have one thing for my fiancé, my work grab bag gift, gift for my assistant but nothing else!!! Eeek better get on that!
Katie @ Livehalffull recently posted..Friday Friends