Back East

by Meghann on December 5, 2011

I don’t care what anyone says…

Wearing sweats while traveling is the only way to go. πŸ˜‰

comfytravelclothes.jpg

So comfy and so worth it. πŸ˜‰

Flying out west is always fun. You leave the east coast at lunch time, you land 5 hours later at the tail end of the west coast’s lunch time, and you enjoy the extra 3 hours added to your day.

Flying back east sucks. My whole day was eaten up by a total of 6 hours in a plane and grieving the loss of the 3 hours I gained on the way out. I left Vegas at 8:30am (Vegas time) and didn’t land back in Tampa until 6:00pm (Tampa time). Boo.

Luckily my flight had $5 WiFi (yay!), so I was able to get some work done until my battery died (boo!). Wearing comfy clothes helped too. Comfy clothes always help. πŸ™‚

Before my flight I had the semi-healthiest breakfast I could track down in the airport.

My options were a pastry, bagel, or yogurt parfait. I’d been eating pretty heavy all weekend and was in the mood for something light and fruity. The strawberry/blueberry parfait was just what the doctor ordered.

IMG_0358.jpg

Paired with a $1 apple because the $5 fruit cup was a little rich for my blood. πŸ˜‰

Vegas half marathoner represent!

There was lots of race talk before takeoff, but it was a relatively quiet flight post-takeoff. I’m not sure what I would have done without the onboard wifi, though. It was a lifesaver!

I had purchased a garden salad for lunch before we boarded and pulled it out three hours into the flight. The salad was full of veggies and was much needed after a weekend of indulgences.

Right before the take-off for flight # 2 I had one of the Marathon Snickers bars I grabbed after the race.

I thought the bar was pretty tasty. It tasted just like a candy bar. πŸ™‚

After Derek picked me up from the airport we beelined it to Publix and picked up a rotisserie chicken for an easy dinner.

The rotisserie chicken was paired with an easy bag of frozen vegetables and a micorwaved baked potato that I split with Derek and topped with plain yogurt.

So easy and so delicious!

Dessert was a small bowl of blackberries and dark chocolate chips.

See what I told you? A whole day. Gone. Just like that.

I guess there’s always another day tomorrow. It does feel good to be home. πŸ™‚

Good Night!

1 Cait's Plate December 5, 2011 at 10:11 pm

You actually inspired me to pick up a rotisserie chicken the other night and it was SO good. Definitely a quick and easy dinner πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Sometimes It’s Nice

2 Army Amy* December 5, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Love the shirt! Super cute!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Rudolph Run: Race Recap

3 Christine @ BookishlyB December 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Love that shirt- at the expo? I must have missed it.

Do people travel in something other than sweats? πŸ˜‰
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Marathon Fueled by Books

4 Christina @ Just Running December 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Those are two really cute pictures of you!

At first I thought your bowl had berries and black olives in it. I’m relieved the ‘olives’ are chocolate chips!
Christina @ Just Running recently posted..Kiribati

5 Chef Katelyn December 5, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Marathon Bars = magic. Duhhh girl! Sweats = the ONLY way to go!
Chef Katelyn recently posted..Things that Make Monday.

6 wymberley December 5, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Yay for berries! My freezer is full. you should consider the oatmeal at Mcd’s without the sugar. It is so tasty! AND I always find good coupons for it.
wymberley recently posted..A Weigh A Day for December: Weigh 5 AND The Random Recap (now Including Cheese)

7 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 6, 2011 at 12:18 am

Gaining an hour? Cool! Losing an hour? Not so cool.

8 Hope December 6, 2011 at 7:43 am

So glad that you had a great trip! πŸ™‚ I love picking up rotisserre chickens. They make dinner so quick and easy plus they are delicious!
Hope recently posted..A Mexican Inspired Evening…

9 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 6, 2011 at 8:41 am

I totally agree with the sweats thing. Except I don’t just wear mine for traveling, I wear them all the time. lol!
Hope you had a great Vegas trip!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Cookies, Ear Pain, and Tonsils

10 Emily December 6, 2011 at 8:46 am

Also hate flying east… Did you notice that there is next to no healthy options in the Vegas airport? (Especially for breakfast!) I think I ended up with oatmeal with raisins in it (which I dumped a scoop of protein powder into). My husband had a croissanwich from BK. Ahhh the differences between men and women… Glad to see you are home safe!
Emily recently posted..A Busy Holiday Day

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 6, 2011 at 9:11 am

I know, I hate flying from the west to east because of that time change….oh well! Gotta have the bitter with the sweet πŸ™‚ hah.

I love being comfy for flights too–its all about a scarf and comfy boots. Oh yah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Protein Fat Carbs

12 megan @ whatmegansmaking December 6, 2011 at 9:24 am

I just wanted to leave a quick comment to tell you to save the bones from your chicken and make homemade chicken broth! (http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/2010/10/works-for-me-wednesday-homemade-chicken-broth.html)
It’s so easy, you can freeze it for when you want to make souop, and it saves a ton of money. πŸ™‚ I love those rotisserie chickens!
megan @ whatmegansmaking recently posted..Candy Cane Biscotti

13 Allison December 6, 2011 at 9:30 am

I never understand the girls who dress up and look so cute for their flights! Maybe they’re meeting their lover on the other side?! Even when I was meeting my Dear after weeks apart, sweats were my go-to πŸ˜›

P.S. I saw those Snickers bars at the store the other day but passed by without picking it up to look at it- are they more of a candy or a protein bar?!

14 Amanda December 6, 2011 at 9:41 am

I’m with you on the comfy travel clothes. Leggings or yoga pants are my go-to whenever I have to sit for long periods of time.
Amanda recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

15 Anne December 6, 2011 at 9:52 am

That looks like our dinner last night. Except substitute the baked potato for some brown rice! It was so freaking easy and healthy to boot. A nice, quick, and easy meal for the work week. Welcome back!
Anne recently posted..Grateful

16 Jenny December 6, 2011 at 10:18 am

I got that same shirt at the race this weekend and it was my travel home outfit too! πŸ™‚ Hope you enjoyed Vegas – it looks as if you did!!!
Jenny recently posted..24 Days of Presents for a Runner – Day 6

17 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland December 6, 2011 at 11:54 am

I bought that same shirt at the expo! We both have good taste! haha
Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland recently posted..No Booze?

18 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I hate losing time when I travel! Drives me crazy! Haha
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Tea for My Sanity

19 Alaina December 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Rotiserrie chickens are the best! I need to buy them more often. They are always so moist and delicious. And perfect for days and days of sandwiches. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Half at the Hamptons Training–Week 1