Next stop: Vegas!

by Meghann on December 2, 2011

I have the most amazing-est, best-est, awesome-est boyfriend in the world!

You know why? Because he spent his lunch break today driving me to the airport.

I owe him. Big time.

Love you, babe! πŸ™‚

My flight isn’t for another couple of hours, but I’ll take a free ride when I can get one and I’m just as happy sitting at the airport taking advantage of the free wifi as I would be at home sitting at my kitchen table.

Plus, they have nifty little cubbies here to work at it.

Complete with personal charging stations.

Awesome. πŸ™‚

Instead of picking up something to eat at the airport, I packed an easy lunch to take with me.

IMG_0093.jpg

Not just lunch, but a variety of snacks to tide me over until Vegas.

Starting with…

An egg salad (egg, fresh dill, olives, dijon mustard, & plain yogurt) wrap with spinach.

Carrot sticks

And applesauce.

(all enjoyed BEFORE going through security)

I even had some lunchtime entertainment.

A local high school orchestra had set up a mini show for travelers arriving and departing. The kids did an excellent job spreading a little holiday cheer. πŸ™‚

The airport feels fairly empty today. No lines, no rush, and everyone has been really helpful and friendly. I could get used to this. πŸ™‚

Next stop: Vegas!

1 Julia December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Nest stop? When I read that title at first I thought it would be a pregnancy announcement. I would fix it to avoid confusion.

2 Mary @ food and fun on the run December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm

So jealous!! Have a blast and I can’t wait to read about it!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Hard Cross Training!

3 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Have a great flight!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..…and moving forward

4 ashleigh December 2, 2011 at 1:40 pm

yay awesome
as i was reading your lunch section i was thinking did this all happen before security and then you wrote it was. i was about to say wow tsa is not as tight there as it is in vegas [woo hoo i live in vegas so its so exciting that all these great running bloggers are coming to town!]
ashleigh recently posted..my black friday adventure

5 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Have such a great time! Can’t wait to read all about it!

And that wrap looks delicious by the way!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Sneak Preview… what are YOU doing this weekend?

6 Maria December 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Good luck! That looks like a fun race πŸ™‚
Maria recently posted..Exercise ADD-Why I fail at Beach Body Progams

7 Ellie@fitforthesoul December 2, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Niiiice~Sounds like the perfect day to be at the airport! Take care πŸ˜€
Ellie@fitforthesoul recently posted..It’s a Chili Night

8 Army Amy* December 2, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Safe travels!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close in review

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Have safe travels!! And have so much fun πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Shake The Soreness

10 erica December 2, 2011 at 3:05 pm

that is a fancy airport! i wish mine had those little cubicle stations!!! (heck, i’d settle with free wifi!!)
erica recently posted..OTV and video confessions

11 kathleen @ the daily crumb December 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm

have a safe trip!!

i was wondering how you got that la croix through security… was hoping you had a secret to share!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..gone baking.

12 Jennifer L December 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Maybe I’m just a total perv, but at first glance your yoga poses bag looked like a kama sutra bag…

Have fun in Vegas! If you see a couple of super tall, cute German dudes say hi!! A bunch of my friends are flying in tonight without me πŸ™

13 Krystina December 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm

What’s the big deal about him driving you to the airport on his break? And why do you owe him for doing something that he should, as your live-in boyfriend, do anyway?

14 Danielle December 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Agreed. Meghann, for your sake, I really, really hope this isn’t considered an “out of the ordinary” nice thing…

15 Mei December 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Ya. I echo this sentiment. I likewise thought it was weird to gush about Derek driving you to the airport during his lunch break. It really shouldn’t be such a big deal in a steady, adult relationship.

16 Meghann December 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

It’s not! I was just thanking him for being so great. I know how annoying it is to take people to the airport (I’ve had to do it several times for friends/family/etc) and a little extra shout out is always well deserved.

17 Meghann December 6, 2011 at 10:45 am

Honestly, I was just thanking him because it really was a nice thing to do. I had no clue how I was getting to the airport and the idea came up that he could take me super early on his break. My head was so wrapped around being at the airport at 12:20, that it was a big ‘Duh!’ moment that he could take me at 10:30am. He also picked me up from the airport after work, which he always offers, but timing never works out.

18 Emily December 2, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Have so much fun in Vegas!
Emily recently posted..Emily: Attempting to find BALANCE in a post-contest world

19 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real December 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I am headed to the airport later tonight for my midnight flight to Las Vegas. My husband and I are also running the half marathon on Sunday (his first, my fourth). If I bump into you somewhere in Vegas this weekend, I will say hello! Hope you have a great race.
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..Excuse My Absence, I Was Out Living My Life!

20 Corey @ Learning Patience December 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Have fun…Vegas is awesome….
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Meatloaf Cupcakes and Physique 57

21 Marty December 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I feel the same way about my fiance. He is always there to cheer for me at the finish line. Not to mention he takes the best pictures as I pass the finish line!
Marty recently posted..Butternut Squash Soup: Cold Front; Hot Soup

22 Sonia (the Mexigarian) December 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm

that egg salad wrap looks yummy. is all just mixed together? I have never made an egg salad before. ^_^;;
Sonia (the Mexigarian) recently posted..WIAW. It’s beginning to look a lot like . . .

23 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com December 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Props to Derek, for his awesomeness πŸ˜€

Have fun at Vegas, dear πŸ™‚
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Cranberry jam

24 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio December 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Have a great time in Vegas!!!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..December 2011 Goals

25 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 2, 2011 at 9:11 pm

What a cute lunch bag!! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Just a bag in the wind

26 Elizabeth December 3, 2011 at 7:59 am

That airport has better cubicles than all of my fancy schmancy ivy league grad school libraries. And better weather. I want to go there!

27 Mari December 3, 2011 at 8:36 am

Good luck to you! I’m flying out today myself – it’s my second time running this race, and it’s a good one. Have a great time!

28 Allison December 3, 2011 at 10:06 am

Have a blast in Vegas! I’ve never been but going for a race sounds just like my style… Mixed in with a little funsies, obvi! Aren’t boys the best?! My Dear drove me to the DC Hot Chocolate race this morning @ 5AM but I ended up not being able to run in it because the girlfriend I was meeting got sick and wasn’t able to make it… The things people do for love πŸ˜€
Allison recently posted..My Wish List 2011