Pumpkin Pancakes

by Meghann on November 30, 2011

Good Morning!

I was all set to take my first spin class in months this morning when I checked the schedule online and realized my gym no longer provides the 6:30am spin option. Fail. 🙁

So instead of spinning, I set up last night’s episode of Glee on the DVR and got my sweat on via Bobbi’s Mini Living Room Boot Camp Session #1. I repeated the workout twice and really worked my arms with the multiple sets of push ups. A spin class would have been nice, but I was just as happy working out in the comfort of my own home.

Another great back-up plan would have been setting my bike up on the trainer, but that required fixing a flat and, well, I don’t have the best history with that.I swear, one bad experience and I’m scarred for life. Maybe I’ll try tackling the flat this afternoon and hope it doesn’t turn into a three day ordeal like last time. :/

Breakfast was a special treat.

Kath’s Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes were on the menu this morning. They’re super easy to make, so I’m not sure why I don’t make them more often.

I did have one minor fail this morning when I tried to separate the yolk from the egg white and ended up scrambling the two in my hands. Instead of tossing the egg, I just added the egg (whole) to the bowl.

Usually my trick with Kath’s oatmeal pancakes is letting the mix sit a while (I gave it 30 minutes, while I took Maddie out and showered or I could have let it sit overnight if I had thought about it), this gives everything a chance to come together and make it a tad easier to flip.

At least that’s the theory.

Mine never had a chance apparently. Oh, well. Still tasted great.

I topped my mini stack of pumpkin pancakes with some hot cinnamon apples and a dollop or plain yogurt.

Maybe it was the addition of the yolk, but these pancakes were extra good this morning. Very cake like and just a tad on the chewy side. 🙂

Do you have an activity you’ve been avoiding, but needs to get done? Like changing a flat bike tire? 😉 Perhaps we should ban together and promise to tackle the activities together virtually this afternoon. Who’s with me?!?

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 30, 2011 at 10:10 am

How about a work assignment that I’ve been procrastinating for 4 days. I’ve got 5 hours of train time today though so no excuses!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..What I ate Wednesday: the hectic edition

2 Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 30, 2011 at 10:12 am

Ultimate procrastination: I haven’t gotten a couch since I moved.

18 months ago.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Daring Bakers’ November 2011: Sans Rival

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

The pancake flip may not have been ideal but those definitely still look super yummy!! 🙂
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..my papa

4 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com November 30, 2011 at 10:14 am

I have a few guest posting lined up and I don’t know where to start!?! Aaahhhh!!!!

Those pancakes looks good, either way. It’s pumpkin, so it would be good no matter what 😉
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Penang in Atlanta

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 30, 2011 at 10:20 am

Haha – I love your flipping skills, because they’re about as good as mine!! As for activities I’ve been putting off, there actually aren’t too many right now but I really need to clean the inside of my car!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Recap: Try Something New Tuesday 85

6 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe, I’ll be trying that tomorrow! 🙂
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday!

7 wymberley November 30, 2011 at 11:08 am

I have been procrastinating my arm work for weeks. WEEKS!

8 joelle (on a pink typewriter) November 30, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love pumpkin pancakes! I have a recipe on my blog as well, minus the oats though!
joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Book review: the marriage plot

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 30, 2011 at 11:44 am

Cleaning my shower!!!! Totally avoiding it. I sprayed some stuff on it this morning though… baby steps. Oh and I’m avoiding making an outline for finals as I read this…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW–Back to Class

10 Laura November 30, 2011 at 11:58 am

I still have pictures to hang in our house from when we moved – almost 5 months ago.
Laura recently posted..How I learned to run long distances

11 Shannon November 30, 2011 at 12:25 pm

So…I hope this isn’t a weird question, but do you think you get a normal amount of flats. Knock on wood I’ve never gotten one on my bike. Do you know what causes them normally or just find them flat when you go to use the bike?
Shannon recently posted..Eats and Exercise

12 Meghann November 30, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I’ve had my bike for three years and this is only the second time I’ve had to deal with a flat. Both times were probably from leaving my bike in my hot car and forgetting to deflate the tires. You always want to let a little air out of your tires before putting the bike back in you car otherwise the air can expand and pop your tire.

13 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 30, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I desperately need to peel down the pile of stuff I took out of my car.

14 Kath November 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm

It was the yolk!!!! It makes them too dense to really cook dry, but still tasty!
Kath recently posted..I Am Not A Fruit Fly

15 Cait's Plate November 30, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I generally tend to avoid anything that I don’t feel like dealing with. Haha. I perform much better under pressure 🙂
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Charged

16 Hope November 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Those pancakes look tasty! 🙂 I’ve been putting off a ton of things that I need to get done lately. The latest thing I’ve been putting off is finalizing the guest list for my wedding. Too much stress!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Let’s Talk Hors D’oeuvres…

17 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon November 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hehe I also procrastinated for quite a while on changing my flat bike tire. Then, I finally did it, and when I went to put it back on my bike I realized I was missing the screw to hold it onto the frame!! Grr….
Good luck with yours!
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..Diet trail mix?

18 Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 30, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I did that workout last weekend and barely got through it once before I wanted to die! Kudos for doing it 2x!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Thanksgiving as Birding Thursday by Krista

19 Emily November 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Yes. We’re budgeting for my company right now (and I work in accounting) and I am STRUGGLING to get my portions of the budget drawn up. Argh!
Emily recently posted..NoJoMo–Day 30

20 Hillary November 30, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Kath’s pumpkin pancakes are one of my favorite go-to weekend brunch recipes. Yum.

And I’m avoiding the stack of papers I need to grade. I know they’re not going away, I just can’t deal with them right now!
Hillary recently posted..Thankful

21 Army Amy* November 30, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I’ve been avoiding doing the dishes for days. This was the kick in the pants that I needed. The dishes are now clean!*
Army Amy* recently posted..What’s up with that Wednesday