more ยป" />

Chocolate Oats

by Meghann on November 28, 2011

Good Morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

And welcome back from the long weekend!

Playing catch up?

How was your weekend? Any crazy T-Day stories to share? Burnt Turkeys? 2:00am Black Friday fight over the latest toy craze? Please share. ๐Ÿ™‚

My St. Petersburg Half Marathon training plan had me resting this morning, so I took Maddie for an extended walk around the neighborhood and made plans to finally cash in my Groupon for a local yoga studio this afternoon. I tend to go through these extended breaks from yoga and I’m currently really missing it. I’ve been holding onto this Groupon deal for months and am excited to finally be using it!

Oats were on the menu for breakfast.

In the mix:

• 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
  • raisins
  • pinch of salt

On top:

• 1/2 golden delicious apple
  • the last of a my bag of Lovegrown Granola
  • peanut butter

I added the protein powder for a little extra protein boost, only I think I added too much. The oats were a bit chalky and sweeter than normal, but definitely chocolate-y and still delicious. I still need to try the egg white method, but the protein powder was just so easy to grab this morning in place of it.

Time to play catch up from the weekend.

Have a great day!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

I agree, protein powder is much easier than the whole egg white thing! No crazy T-day stories here because I live in Canada and our Thanksgiving was last month, but I did get in on a few Black Friday sales so my Christmas shopping is now complete! Happy Monday!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Food, Drink and Festivities

2 Sana November 28, 2011 at 9:34 am

I usually like to spend my groupon deals asap, but I forget about them until I get the e-mail about them expiring!
Sana recently posted..I am the brother

3 Chef Katelyn November 28, 2011 at 9:39 am

Chocolate for breakfast = approved.

4 Ashley @ This Is The Place November 28, 2011 at 9:50 am

The egg thing is easy, I promise! Combine oats, water and egg. Stir up the egg in the mix, so it’s not whole anymore. Microwave for one minute, stir, microwave for another 1.5min. The egg will cook with the oatmeal and you can hardly taste it! And why only egg whites? I usually eat the yolk too….
Ashley @ This Is The Place recently posted..A Very Beachy Weekend

5 Faith @ For the Health of It November 28, 2011 at 10:02 am

I did the Black Friday thang and took an elbow to the gut and lost skin from my foot. Wal-mart = hell any day of the week…hell x infinity on Black Friday!!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Black Friday War Stories

6 Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration November 28, 2011 at 10:44 am

Where/what kind of protein powder do you usually buy?
Meaghan O’Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration recently posted..Day 27- A little tip…

7 Meghann November 30, 2011 at 11:13 am

It’s generic Chocolate Whey from Whole Foods.

8 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 28, 2011 at 10:53 am

i love stirring protein powder into my oats… really makes them stick to my bones. have you tried stirring in some egg whites? that’s a good way to sneak in protein!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..frosted cranberry + white chocolate blondies

9 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

Super chocolaty oats are a great way to start the morning! I looooove custard oats with an added egg.
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..100 workout – strength

10 Cait's Plate November 28, 2011 at 11:11 am

Mmm the chocolate + pb flavor combo must’ve been AWESOME.

11 Laura November 28, 2011 at 11:46 am

Our tree fell over… The husband was not excited to clean up water and broken ornaments at 6:45 AM. Plus a bunch of the water soaked into our hardwoods. And many sentimental ornaments were broken. But, such is life and I’ve moved on.

However, I will never allow the husband to purchase important things again. He bought the cheapest stand available. Hence the tree falling business.

12 Irina G (Fit Flexitarian) November 28, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Those look delish! I had a really awesome Thanksgiving. My big huge accomplishment was making a pie 100% from scratch. Not too crazy, I guess, but it did turn out really well even though I had to adjust the recipe a bit. Also, I watched Breaking Dawn after dinner.
Irina G (Fit Flexitarian) recently posted..Fitness Journal, Week 10: Holiday Workout Strategies

13 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Egg whites in oats is AMAZING.. it makes it SO creamy and fluffy, IF you do it the right way! If not, you’ll end up with chunks of egg whites through your oats.. not tasty, trust me on that one!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Facebook Fan Page

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I put a scoop of Sunwarrior in my oats, and it definitely gives it a chalky taste. I like to add cinnamon or other sweeteners and that definitely helps with the chalky taste.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..No Soup For You!

15 Tiffani November 29, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I was getting ready to leave my house to go to my house and found my car to be STOLEN ON THANKSGIVING! With my computer, garmin, and nook inside! I never comment, but I read your blog daily. ๐Ÿ™‚
Tiffani recently posted..Being Busy Is Never An Excuse…..